Showtime pull the plug on Dexter

Watwheels

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...-order-20130419

LOS ANGELES (REUTERS) - Cable channel Showtime on Wednesday pulled the plug on Dexter, the critically acclaimed show about a police analyst who is also a serial killer.

Starring Michael C. Hall in the title role, the show that pushed boundaries in terms of violence and dark humor will conclude this summer at the end of its eighth season.

"When it debuted in 2006, Dexter redefined the genre, by taking the anti-hero to new heights... its cultural impact will be felt for years to come," Showtime Chairman and CEO Matthew C. Blank said in a statement.

Dexter earned Hall a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award. The show has more than 13 million fans on Facebook and about 7 million Americans watched last season's finale

Wtf? Why they kill the show man?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Dexter Season 8 episode 1 is out. Awesome ! Superb ! Better than ever. New police doctor who knows who is the real harbour butcher is, and dexter's ex beautiful lover who is also a serial killer is back with a vangeance (read cut off brain). Lagueta batista smells something about deb and dex already. Watch it !

Edited by Ingenius

Hypersonic

Dexter Season 8 episode 1 is out. Awesome ! Superb ! Better than ever. New police doctor who knows who is the real harbour butcher is, and dexter's ex beautiful lover who is also a serial killer is back with a vangeance (read cut off brain). Lagueta smells something about deb and dex already. Watch it !

Lagueta survived the last season? Thought she died.

Neutral Newbie

I started to get a bit sian of Dexter at about season 6...den along comes Hannah (Yvonne somethingicannotrememberlah) in season 7 and now I'm at full attention. [sly] But I did feel at season 6 Dexter was dragging on for the sake of it lor.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Lagueta survived the last season? Thought she died.

i mean the male spanish speaking detective batista, not the captain lagueta. wrote wrongly, sorry.

Edited by Ingenius

KNN... I will try my best not to read any postings here.... Last time caught unaware here by stumbling upon Rita's fate.... Sipeh dampening....

Anyone caught the finale of Dexter already? Sad ending... [:/]

Yeah. Just saw it and this thread pop up liao.

It's like a superhero sad ending. Love ones around him will be constantly under danger that he ends up being alone in order to keep them safe. Except he's a psychopath who kills bad guys. Not so much of a typical superhero.

Yeah. Just saw it and this thread pop up liao.

It's like a superhero sad ending. Love ones around him will be constantly under danger that he ends up being alone in order to keep them safe. Except he's a psychopath who kills bad guys. Not so much of a typical superhero.

Somehow, I look forward to Breaking Bad more than Dexter now.... [laugh]

Somehow, I look forward to Breaking Bad more than Dexter now.... [laugh]

Yup, Breaking Bad is the best thing on TV. Looking forward to the finale.

Dexter just became too crappy for words. At least the finale wasn't terrible.

Yup, Breaking Bad is the best thing on TV. Looking forward to the finale.

Dexter just became too crappy for words. At least the finale wasn't terrible.

I thought The Walking Dead is good, until I saw Breaking Bad.

think bad influence? so did Dexter kaput?

Spoiler below. Highlight to read.

Worse. Dexter kayu. Literally. He fakes his own death to become a lumberjack in one of the series' stupider plotting moments. And with Dexter, that's saying a lot! [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

agreed with kb27. Breaking Bad is really good. A good family chemist that made bad decisions in life.Waiting for the last episode next week.

Just finished Vikings and Under the Dome S1.. Soon will be catching Boardwalk Empire.. Now online is really killing the DVDs..