3rd JB-Singapore bridge?

Jajoba123

Turbocharged

Bro, not to worry, I'll tell Loong and Ah Jib to make it at Sentosa Island all the way to JB [idea]

Like that non of our peasants here in MCF will be affected :D

Steady poon pee pee! ;)

↡ Advertisement

It's not a third bridge, it's the high speed rail system.

For third bridge, Najib would like to have, but the following is extracted from the online news

While a Friendship Bridge — which will be a third road link between the two countries — was mooted during the meetings, Mr Lee said the present preoccupation is to improve the flow at the CIQ.

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/singapore-kl-high-speed-rail-republic-locate-its-station-west-or-city-centre

The traffic flow at CIQ definitely needs to be improved.... somehow the design of the flow of traffic doesn't seem to be optimized

(edited)

shouldn't custom clearance be at tuas or woodland?

please do not repeat the same mistake of tanjong pagar rail station where sovereignty is in question

having said that the london-paris eurostar high speed rail station do connect two countries city-to-city and i dont recall there is a custom immigration at border. immigration clearance is done at railstation just like the old tanjong pagar.

Edited by Wt_know

It's not a third bridge, it's the high speed rail system.

For third bridge, Najib would like to have, but the following is extracted from the online news

While a Friendship Bridge which will be a third road link between the two countries was mooted during the meetings, Mr Lee said the present preoccupation is to improve the flow at the CIQ.

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/singapore-kl-high-speed-rail-republic-locate-its-station-west-or-city-centre

Still long time, by that time we dont know who will be the ruling party

Supersonic

Did they say when they build this 3rd bridge ar? Wait they say say only, then afte 20-30 years still no bridge at sight?

shouldn't custom clearance be at tuas or woodland?

please do not repeat the same mistake of tanjong pagar rail station where sovereignty is in question

having said that the london-paris eurostar high speed rail station do connect two countries city-to-city and i dont recall there is a custom immigration at border

There is a UK customs stationed in Paris station, and vice versa

I just took the Eurostar 3 weeks ago....

The UK customs was at the train station in France (Gard Du Nord Station). They have a booth right after the French booth (ie get 2 chops in the same station).

No need to go thru customs when in London (St Pancras)

• Praise 1

my opinion is:

1. no matter where the 3rd bridge is, if the price is expensive, still LPPL. Just like 2nd link, suppose to ease woodland traffic but in the end, useless....

2. if really build at punggol, will it really ease woodland's traffic? I mean, does the ppl in SK and Punggol really travel all the way to woodlands? even have also occasionally lah, so 3rd bridge ease simi traffic leh?

just my 358 cents

Hypersonic
(edited)

If the plan of the express rail and 3rd chck point goes thru, one day malaysian from the mainland will find it easier to access singapore than Penang. I see there'll be more malyasian flowing into singpore than us going up north.

Edited by Ender

How come the date of the News stated 03-09-2014 [confused][dizzy]

Dun think too deep, it's March 9th 2014. They have used the US date formatting .

Hypersonic

How come the date of the News stated 03-09-2014 [confused][dizzy]

Video shot on 03-08-2014.. Article also reported at 9.30pm that same nite, the man was arrested.. Nothing strange with the report being dated one day later. Reporter also need some time to interview police and some facts checkling

Dun think too deep, it's March 9th 2014. They have used the US date formatting .

I'm still using 二 月 初 九 ,hahahaha............ [laugh]