JDM OBD Reader

Mkl22

So can't the engine timing or gear ratio b changed? And if so how should I set it

Cannot change anything. AFAIK, gear ratio is a physical thing. No software can change it. Need to change your whole gear box. 

I wanted to change to Blitz because it allow upgrade of firmware via SD card flashing vs greddy need to send back to Jap. Blitz also claim that it allow changing of ECU mapping and some ECU setting which I am very interested to try out.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I have a Foxwell NT510. It supports both OBD2 and vehicle-specific codes. It comes one vehicle make which I chose Honda. If you’re looking to do some probing beyond OBD2 (eg ABS, SRS, brakes), it’s a great tool. But I must emphasize it’s such a powerful tool that can actuate components and so ‘play’ with care.

Neutral Newbie

I bought bluedriver obd2 scanner and found out that it doesn't work on my 2003 Toyota Corolla JDM. I asked question on blue driver website and they replied that all JDM cars made before 2010 didn't actually made OBD2 compliant. So it will not work. I realized that I pretty much screwed up my $100.

I bought bluedriver obd2 scanner and found out that it doesn't work on my 2003 Toyota Corolla JDM. I asked question on blue driver website and they replied that all JDM cars made before 2010 didn't actually made OBD2 compliant. So it will not work. I realized that I pretty much screwed up my $100.

Haha I pretty much did the same thing as well. Doesn't work for my 2008 Toyota Wish.

Tried it on another Toyota Noah - it works!

Oh well, we can keep it for our next ride...

Haha I pretty much did the same thing as well. Doesn't work for my 2008 Toyota Wish.

Tried it on another Toyota Noah - it works!

Oh well, we can keep it for our next ride...

That's too bad. I have a Bluedriver for a 2018 Crv and it works great.

I mainly use it for live data, since it's a brand new engine I would hope no faults. The Live data shows things like boost pressure, engine and coolant temps, waste gate control etc. Absolutely useless information for everyday driving (since my engine is totally stock), but looks cool.

I got a spare old phone and rooted it and automated the connection of Bluedriver via the Tasker app. So whenever I turn on the car, bluedriver launches, connects and switches to the correct screen.

I also use the old phone as a GPS tracker and have the phone doing other activities while I'm away from the car for fun (eg take pictures, send location, start remote live stream camera etc). Basically so I can remotely keep tabs on the car while I'm not in it by just messaging it using whatsapp. That's in addition to my dashcam.

It would be cool if bluedriver was bidirectional. Then you could automate and potentially do things like remote start the car, unlock doors, close windows etc, all via WhatsApp. Too bad it's not that advanced yet for Honda (I believe it works with Ford and Chevrolet).

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 4/4/2015 at 6:53 AM, Mkl22 said:

Does anyone know of which brand of reader that reads most JDM cars OBD? I haven actron OBD2 reader but it is not able to read toyota markx.

For toyota markx we can use the NT530 Foxwell OBD2 scanner.

Support system: ABS, DPF, TPMS, Battery configuration, Engine, Transmission

Features: Internet Updateable, Backlit Display, Check Engine lite shut off, Erase codes, Freese frame display.

This OBD2 accessories :  Carrying Case, Software Disc, USB Cable, User Guide, Adapter Cable, Memory Card

Neutral Newbie

' Does anyone know of which brand of reader that reads most JDM cars OBD? I haven actron OBD2 reader but it is not able to read toyota markx.'

If looking for a basic JDM code reader, the Ancel JP700 should work.

I tried one on a few cars (Suzuki Swift, Suzuki SX4, Suzuki Cross, Subaru Impreza, Hyundai Matrix). The little device happily read and erased codes on all of them.

On the Matrix (Korean), it faltered but there was an option (thinking 'generic' but its been a while now.....) where it still brought up a couple codes.

When I consulted the owner she said that an earlier more advanced scan had been done and she identified those codes as having been reported then also.

If going beyond  entry level  I'd suggest the Launch X431 Pro. Can't say its the best or greatest performer but persons I'm familiar with who work almost exclusively on JDM, hide (yes, hide) and use this tool.  Not easy to hide that huge box that the tablet and all those adapters are shipped/stored in!

NB:- I'm not promoting any products, have nothing to sell and no spam to post.

I sweated concrete bricks trying to find something that at least read JDM diagnostic codes and you'd think I was on an island of clams (more like crabs!) for all the answers I got.

If this prevents just one person from wasting money on something that doesn't work......