Jump to content

2015 Forester 2.0


subarudreamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

The motul 300v I using is still 5w40. Brand change alone can already feel the responsiveness and engine is more silent and refine.

 

I might try 300v 5w30 next round.

I gotta really give motul a try then. Thanks!
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did.

 

But sa insist that the one in manual is refering to countries like jap which has 4 seasons, but sg climate is hotter blah blah.

 

In view of me rushing for work, so just went with 5w40 as it only till 5k

 

So u did ur servicing for xt with mi all these while with 5w30?

Same here. 5w30 since 1k servicing. :)

 

Ask the SA to issue another manual, and change our EO cap to say 5w40. Hehe

 

In general, the higher the viscosity, the more safety margin for the engine. The safer the engine, the less likely to have warranty claim. Ad happy! On the other hand... Lesser viscosity = better response and slightly better fc. Nothing to gain for the ad?

 

Some SA will also say that led consumes more power/'draw more voltage' than incandescent bulbs. You'll have to draw your own conclusions about what they advise. :)

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks bro. Always wanted 5w30 (been running 5w40 for a while then switched to 5w30 on my prev car for 10years).

 

Well aware of diff between 5w30 n 5w40.

 

Am gg to insist on that for next servicing onwards too.

Yup. It's normally if u let them fill it up with shell 5w40. It's the worst crap ever ...

 

Try motul, even 5w40 its responsive and engine is very refined. Step a little more quickly, u get to hear the soft psss psss sound. Heheh. It's very fun at sports mode.

 

For me i dun mind 5w40 as long as it's a good brand oil. Personal experience is that my engine sounds more refine using 5w40 than 5w30. This is especially noticeable during higher revs 4K or higher. Level of protection wise should be the same since Subaru recommends 5w30.

Is mirt double ester like the more ex 300v? If yes then it's a really good value. Coz 300v need to top up 70+...

Not too sure how mirt conpares to 300v. As my next servicing at 5k only 4k away.. no point spending so much.

 

But top up a bit more for mirt as heard so much reviews of crap helix ultra.

 

Most prob will go for 300v at last 10k free servicing and then say bye bye to mi

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Bros here installed window visors for the 2016 Forester ? What's the contact and the cost ? Thanks in advance .

Bro, I have an extra brand new visor with the chrome lining. PM me if you are interested.

 

Ace1auto at Eunos Technolink  advertisement is $70. But when i went down it was $180 for the 2013-2016 model and is made in Taiwan.

 

Autobacs selling $73 for the earlier model. The sales guy took out the visor to match on my car.The front visor is very much longer but the back visor fits nicely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope to change the HU to Pioneer 8850 and do some ICE

 

Anyone has installer that can keep the buttons on the steering wheel still usable as stock HU?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks bro. Always wanted 5w30 (been running 5w40 for a while then switched to 5w30 on my prev car for 10years).

 

Well aware of diff between 5w30 n 5w40.

 

Am gg to insist on that for next servicing onwards too.

Not too sure how mirt conpares to 300v. As my next servicing at 5k only 4k away.. no point spending so much.

 

But top up a bit more for mirt as heard so much reviews of crap helix ultra.

 

Most prob will go for 300v at last 10k free servicing and then say bye bye to mi

 say bye bye to your warranty too...

Link to post
Share on other sites

say bye bye to your warranty too...

If the price of MI's warranty coverage is higher servicing costs, the inability to use your preferred oil, and the inability to equip your car for maximum safety/efficiency/comfort, then each of us needs to weigh the benefits of that coverage vs the many explicit (got $ value) and implicit (no $ value, such as safety and shiok/not shiok) costs. The bottom line is that for some of us, the logical choice is to say bye bye lor. It's hardly the end of the world.
  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After a long delay, managed to get wife to test drive FNA and FXT.

Either of which will replace our Mit CS3.

 

Even as a female driver, wife is mighty impressed. so looks like a green for a FXT.

 

While we have not yet sat down with the SA on the specific deal, I'd like to find out from drivers here which one should be opted out during the negotiation.

 

Solar Film - read that the lowest grade of solar film is included? how much savings if I opt out, and what options do I have to do outside?

 

Paint protection - back when I picked up CS3, there was alot of recommendations to do paint protection. Is it something that MI does?

 

Inhouse insurance and loan - what's the take on this take outside loan/insurance?

 

Any other freebies or terms that should be discussed with the SA?

 

Thanks in advance. [;)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

After a long delay, managed to get wife to test drive FNA and FXT.

Either of which will replace our Mit CS3.

 

Even as a female driver, wife is mighty impressed. so looks like a green for a FXT.

 

While we have not yet sat down with the SA on the specific deal, I'd like to find out from drivers here which one should be opted out during the negotiation.

 

Solar Film - read that the lowest grade of solar film is included? how much savings if I opt out, and what options do I have to do outside?

 

Paint protection - back when I picked up CS3, there was alot of recommendations to do paint protection. Is it something that MI does?

 

Inhouse insurance and loan - what's the take on this take outside loan/insurance?

 

Any other freebies or terms that should be discussed with the SA?

 

Thanks in advance. [;)]

 

I signed yesterday and was able to negotiate

Free incar-camera (front/back).

Free solar film (not sure lower grade or higher, but i am also driving mit and got free pre-installed solar film which really served me well in 8.5 year of driving).

Inhouse Insurance is for first year only, you can change if you want to change next year (they will arrange with your current insurance to reimburse left over months to you), for me i am currently paying 9xx for my 50%NCD insurance and AIG quoted 1.3k (which is reasonable).

I don't have answer for inhouse loan (but i think all freebies and free servicing is kind of tied with inhouse loan, but i could be wrong).

 

I also want to check Paint protection thing, i remember when i brought my mit car i went for paint protection quoting myself. Sales staff didn't mention any thing about PPS, not sure if any bro here have done PP on their car and have any recommendation?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I signed yesterday and was able to negotiate

Free incar-camera (front/back).

Free solar film (not sure lower grade or higher, but i am also driving mit and got free pre-installed solar film which really served me well in 8.5 year of driving).

Inhouse Insurance is for first year only, you can change if you want to change next year (they will arrange with your current insurance to reimburse left over months to you), for me i am currently paying 9xx for my 50%NCD insurance and AIG quoted 1.3k (which is reasonable).

I don't have answer for inhouse loan (but i think all freebies and free servicing is kind of tied with inhouse loan, but i could be wrong).

 

I also want to check Paint protection thing, i remember when i brought my mit car i went for paint protection quoting myself. Sales staff didn't mention any thing about PPS, not sure if any bro here have done PP on their car and have any recommendation?

 

 

Nice bro, FXT or FNA?

What kind of pricing did you get bro?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I signed yesterday and was able to negotiate

Free incar-camera (front/back).

Free solar film (not sure lower grade or higher, but i am also driving mit and got free pre-installed solar film which really served me well in 8.5 year of driving).

Inhouse Insurance is for first year only, you can change if you want to change next year (they will arrange with your current insurance to reimburse left over months to you), for me i am currently paying 9xx for my 50%NCD insurance and AIG quoted 1.3k (which is reasonable).

I don't have answer for inhouse loan (but i think all freebies and free servicing is kind of tied with inhouse loan, but i could be wrong).

 

I also want to check Paint protection thing, i remember when i brought my mit car i went for paint protection quoting myself. Sales staff didn't mention any thing about PPS, not sure if any bro here have done PP on their car and have any recommendation?

 

 

Are you saying that you got free inhouse insurance?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Subaru paint is really thin.. instead of doing paint protection sealent... consider spending the $800-1000 go to a paint shop and spray additional layers of clearcoat hard lacquer.

 

I would do that if I can reverse my process

The Subaru paint is really thin.. instead of doing paint protection sealent... consider spending the $800-1000 go to a paint shop and spray additional layers of clearcoat hard lacquer.

 

I would do that if I can reverse my process

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Subaru paint is really thin.. instead of doing paint protection sealent... consider spending the $800-1000 go to a paint shop and spray additional layers of clearcoat hard lacquer.

 

I would do that if I can reverse my process

Just did a google search and this website name came out package seems quite expensive (at least that what i guess for forester size) https://5dsolutions.sg

Any idea this is what you was referring to?

Are you saying that you got free inhouse insurance?

 

No mate, i got free in-car camera.

You can refer to my private message for pricing info.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...