richard_crl032 6th Gear June 7, 2018 Share June 7, 2018 Thanks Richard for share. I think we live quite near each other if its Jln Selaseh in your photo. Mine also silver! hahaha :) I came across Tein springs for FXT: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEIN-High-Tech-Lowering-Springs-Kit-for-SUBARU-FORESTER-SJG-2-0XT-EYESIGHT-12-On-/232219605193 At $180 uk pounds before shipping, i think it'll cost abt same or slightly cheaper than STI pinks. These Tein are progressive and the spring rates are 4.3kg front, 4.8kg rear and lower the car by 40mm front, 45mm rear. Will do more research on springs and spring-rates before committing to which one to get. Cheers guys Hi Orixy, Yes, I am at Seletar area and please PM me anytime to test drive if you wish ... far from perfect like say an Audi A6 that I am familiar with but at the least it is now stable without the jitters that makes me feel that I am going 90-100km/hr when I am travelling at 70-80kmhr albiet the slight increase in bounce from previous with stock suspension. Yes, there are spring from Tein, RSR, Swift, Mann, Godspeed, Triple S etc etc but without plan to try out all ... keke ... I reverted to STI pink since they are afterall Subaru manned section of their engrg and production. Cheers, Richard ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mistergoh 2nd Gear June 7, 2018 Share June 7, 2018 Hi, for those FXT drivers, MI has a promotion on STI brake pad.. but i am unsure of the price as they said, oh yours is FNA so cannot even though both pad are the same but you cant buy. Hmmm.... i am getting them to install STI ARB for me during my 1000km servicing. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zpliu 3rd Gear June 7, 2018 Share June 7, 2018 Hi, for those FXT drivers, MI has a promotion on STI brake pad.. but i am unsure of the price as they said, oh yours is FNA so cannot even though both pad are the same but you cant buy. Hmmm.... i am getting them to install STI ARB for me during my 1000km servicing. FNA and FXT have different caliper size. Thus pad size also different 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mistergoh 2nd Gear June 7, 2018 Share June 7, 2018 FNA and FXT have different caliper size. Thus pad size also differentI thought so too but SA told me otherwise. Thats why im confused for a while Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zpliu 3rd Gear June 7, 2018 Share June 7, 2018 I thought so too but SA told me otherwise. Thats why im confused for a whileHahaha they are really clueless leh. Difficult to trust them hahaha Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sarion 4th Gear June 7, 2018 Share June 7, 2018 Hi Orixy, Yes, I am at Seletar area and please PM me anytime to test drive if you wish ... far from perfect like say an Audi A6 that I am familiar with but at the least it is now stable without the jitters that makes me feel that I am going 90-100km/hr when I am travelling at 70-80kmhr albiet the slight increase in bounce from previous with stock suspension. Yes, there are spring from Tein, RSR, Swift, Mann, Godspeed, Triple S etc etc but without plan to try out all ... keke ... I reverted to STI pink since they are afterall Subaru manned section of their engrg and production. Cheers, Richard i thought RS-R and Swift are usually hard, TEIN if H-spring (the bronze one if i remember correctly) maybe still ok. these were based on previous Legacy specs but i think they probably would be similar even for Forester. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear June 7, 2018 Share June 7, 2018 (edited) i thought RS-R and Swift are usually hard, TEIN if H-spring (the bronze one if i remember correctly) maybe still ok. these were based on previous Legacy specs but i think they probably would be similar even for Forester. Hi Sarion, My kaki has the rsr and yes, harder for sure but also less bounce than sti pink ... rsr is not for me. Think hard to find sweet spot with just spring but it is the cheaper way ... else do like bro Chucky with cusco adjustable cusco touring A dampers to try but more ex and also it is consumable. Btw, carousell has current and previous sellers of rsr, triple S etc. but hardly any pink springs which I only saw once I think ... think we know the reason why. Cheers. Richard FNA and FXT have different caliper size. Thus pad size also differentHi Zpliu, Indeed .. quick check at japanparts.com yielded different part nos. for sjg fxt and sj5 fna. Cheers. Richard Edited June 7, 2018 by richard_crl032 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 (edited) Hi bros, If you are using agm battery and especially with demanding aftermarket audio system like me, alternator booster fuse may not be a bad idea since charging requirement is different. https://www.hkbelect.com/product/143-mk3-micro-blade-75a-electronic-fuse-version-2013/ https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/varta-battery-support/charging/how-to-charge-a-car-battery Now my battery/alternator measures at 14.72v when engine is cold with rpm ramping up and drops to 14.65v when engine heats up with usual 750 rpm. Cheers. Richard Edited June 8, 2018 by richard_crl032 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesgetz 4th Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 Hi Sarion, My kaki has the rsr and yes, harder for sure but also less bounce than sti pink ... rsr is not for me. Think hard to find sweet spot with just spring but it is the cheaper way ... else do like bro Chucky with cusco adjustable cusco touring A dampers to try but more ex and also it is consumable. Btw, carousell has current and previous sellers of rsr, triple S etc. but hardly any pink springs which I only saw once I think ... think we know the reason why. Cheers. Richard Hi Zpliu, Indeed .. quick check at japanparts.com yielded different part nos. for sjg fxt and sj5 fna. Cheers. Richard Richard, I’m glad your are happy with the STi springs! Funny thing is my situation is exact opposite of yours. I was looking for lowering springs and almost bought a set of STi springs from Carousell. Couldn’t find any RSR springs. In the end, I went with RSR which I had to import via japanparts. Didn’t choose the STi springs becos I found the lowering of 10-15mm to be too small. My friend’s forester was on STi pinks and I couldn’t tell visually until he told me. To me, it looks like stock height. In my opinion, the RSR lowering height of 30+mm is ideal as the Forester wheel gap is huge. In terms of comfort, its marginally harder than stock and not bumpy. I recall the spring rates for the RSR which is abt 4+kg/mm and only slightly higher than stock springs 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
titaniclexus 3rd Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 Morning bros, Drove the car a bit more last nite and this morning. With pink spring the jittery ride is surely significantly alleviated with a bit more bounce. Believe this is because with the stiffness, initial primarily bounce is more pronounced but controlled and a lot of the secondary bounces are eliminated. Car is even more quiet (not sure if also due to AOS due to altered routing), stiffer/less vague steering, more stable handling cos also lowered and you will feel it standing beside car and getting in even though reportedly 15mm but you feel the road a bit more .. overall thumb up so far .. else I will remove and lelong liao. Time to do alignment this Friday ! Cheers. Richard Nice look Richard your car? From the outlook, can roof rack gone and LED rear light (tempted change also but exp, haha...) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Xefera 6th Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 Did you change your rim with this tyre? nope, sticked with original rims 18x7. looks bulging, but can possibly act as rim protector against kerb rash Nice look Richard your car? From the outlook, can roof rack gone and LED rear light (tempted change also but exp, haha...) probably the only FXT locally running around without roof rack 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
titaniclexus 3rd Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 (edited) Hi Sarion, My kaki has the rsr and yes, harder for sure but also less bounce than sti pink ... rsr is not for me. Think hard to find sweet spot with just spring but it is the cheaper way ... else do like bro Chucky with cusco adjustable cusco touring A dampers to try but more ex and also it is consumable. Btw, carousell has current and previous sellers of rsr, triple S etc. but hardly any pink springs which I only saw once I think ... think we know the reason why. Cheers. Richard Hi Zpliu, Indeed .. quick check at japanparts.com yielded different part nos. for sjg fxt and sj5 fna. Cheers. Richard Any idea which brake pad can use for FNA? SJ5? But the set has not stated front or rear? hmm.... Edited June 8, 2018 by titaniclexus Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zpliu 3rd Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 (edited) Any idea which brake pad can use for FNA? SJ5? But the set has not stated front or rear? hmm.... Taken from STI website For non-turbo vehicles, ST26296ST000 is compatible with the front 16-inch disc, and ST26296ST010 with the rear 15-inch disc. https://www.sti.jp/en/parts/forester_sj/brake/ST26296SF010/ Edited June 8, 2018 by Zpliu Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 Richard, I’m glad your are happy with the STi springs! Funny thing is my situation is exact opposite of yours. I was looking for lowering springs and almost bought a set of STi springs from Carousell. Couldn’t find any RSR springs. In the end, I went with RSR which I had to import via japanparts. Didn’t choose the STi springs becos I found the lowering of 10-15mm to be too small. My friend’s forester was on STi pinks and I couldn’t tell visually until he told me. To me, it looks like stock height. In my opinion, the RSR lowering height of 30+mm is ideal as the Forester wheel gap is huge. In terms of comfort, its marginally harder than stock and not bumpy. I recall the spring rates for the RSR which is abt 4+kg/mm and only slightly higher than stock springs Hi James, haha ... indeed not unexpected on this subjective matter as our car differs and more importantly, butt and past experience differs but as mentioned, RSR springs are indeed less bumpy or more accurately less floaty but it is surely much harder than I like it to be. Not sure your arb which I believe makes a difference but mine with wrx sti hollow 20mm instead of replaced cusco solid 20mm as it made louder "thud" across bumps. There is one RSR currently at sgd320 said to be used for 2k km and bought at sgd580. As also mentioned, me and CO already find that my ride is already significantly lowered and per photos even at 15mm and guess you are going for sedan height which I am not really trying to ... fine it is but fine if it not since my goal is on more compliant ride. Let's meet if and experience more when we test drive each other's ride ... expect my PM please. Cheers, Richard Nice look Richard your car? From the outlook, can roof rack gone and LED rear light (tempted change also but exp, haha...) Hi Titanic, Yes, 1st mod decide was to derack to change the rugged outlook to be like my estima but not cheap though ... about sgd700 but advantage is that I did the soundproof to prevent loud noise during rain for sgd80 instead of typical sgd250 that helps. Yes, Colin rear led light instead and yes, 600+ now but my version 1 last year was 700+. So sad that you did not notice also deblacken all front, side and rear bumpers/lips .... keke !! Cheers, Richard nope, sticked with original rims 18x7. looks bulging, but can possibly act as rim protector against kerb rash probably the only FXT locally running around without roof rack Hi Xefera, Oh no ... 5 fxt owners had deracked at Class Auto c/o Roy at the same time and believe more had done so elsewhere or later at Class Auto. US forester owners pays to add and I paid to remove ... it is great whole with varied motivation ... lol ! Cheers, Richard Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 (edited) Richard, Iâm glad your are happy with the STi springs! Funny thing is my situation is exact opposite of yours. I was looking for lowering springs and almost bought a set of STi springs from Carousell. Couldnât find any RSR springs. In the end, I went with RSR which I had to import via japanparts. Didnât choose the STi springs becos I found the lowering of 10-15mm to be too small. My friendâs forester was on STi pinks and I couldnât tell visually until he told me. To me, it looks like stock height. In my opinion, the RSR lowering height of 30+mm is ideal as the Forester wheel gap is huge. In terms of comfort, its marginally harder than stock and not bumpy. I recall the spring rates for the RSR which is abt 4+kg/mm and only slightly higher than stock springs Hi James, Btw, please ensure you take care of camber including adjustable camber kit if you drop 30mm ... probably you oreli have but just in case. I am still awaiting outcome if drop of 15mm needs camber kits and finger-crossed since not all even same cars need to do so with same same spring/drop. Cheers. Richard Edited June 8, 2018 by richard_crl032 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tohto Hypersonic June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 Get my steering re-upholstered with real Napa leather after the original synthetic leather start to peel. 3 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
richard_crl032 6th Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 (edited) Get my steering re-upholstered with real Napa leather after the original synthetic leather start to peel. Hi Tohto, Swee ! Please share how much and by shop details ... PM if not convenient. More importantly, would they do the srs big cover ? I hesitated on aftermarket D leather steering since steering wheel nice nice makes the srs cover look worse with its plasticky look. Cheers, Richard Edited June 8, 2018 by richard_crl032 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Xefera 6th Gear June 8, 2018 Share June 8, 2018 (edited) Hi Xefera, Oh no ... 5 fxt owners had deracked at Class Auto c/o Roy at the same time and believe more had done so elsewhere or later at Class Auto. US forester owners pays to add and I paid to remove ... it is great whole with varied motivation ... lol ! Cheers, Richard For me, the roof rack is useful for holding and stepping up via the tyres to wash the roof Hi James, Btw, please ensure you take care of camber including adjustable camber kit if you drop 30mm ... probably you oreli have but just in case. I am still awaiting outcome if drop of 15mm needs camber kits and finger-crossed since not all even same cars need to do so with same same spring/drop. Cheers. Richard workshop looks familiar. kenny? Hi Tohto, Swee ! Please share how much and by shop details ... PM if not convenient. More importantly, would they do the srs big cover ? I hesitated on aftermarket D leather steering since steering wheel nice nice makes the srs cover look worse with its plasticky look. Cheers, Richard good things must share Edited June 8, 2018 by Xefera ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
2022 5th Generation Subaru WRX
2022 5th Generation Subaru WRX
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
2022 Subaru Solterra BEV
2022 Subaru Solterra BEV
Sgcarmart Beyond Motion is happening this 21-22 March at Suntec Convention Centre! SAVE THE DATE!
Sgcarmart Beyond Motion is happening this 21-22 March at Suntec Convention Centre! SAVE THE DATE!
MCF Hangout to Makan. 06 March 2015
MCF Hangout to Makan. 06 March 2015
Advice on exhaust.
Advice on exhaust.
2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)
2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)