Winner Car Cam

honda1st

I am using this Winycam model. So far so good after 3 weeks, I don't think you can find another HD dual camera dvr for that kind of price. Only grouse is that the camera is quite large because of the 3.5inch touchscreen. I chose to mount it high up behind my rear view mirror but then that sort of defeats the purpose of the touchscreen as it is difficult to see it in that position.

My experience with this brand (Winycam/ Livue) is good, my first Livue camera, the LB100/ Winycam V300HD is still functioning after 3 years (apart from date and time settings not being retained anymore). It is semi-retired, and now fitted in a weekend car.

↡ Advertisement

The non wifi version even though older version has better video quality for some reason. Not sure if it is due to the diff video compression which also gave it smaller file size for the same setting. I have both wifi and non wifi so I can compare the videos directly and it is quite obvious. But the wifi video still acceptable. Of cos, it has wifi which is convenient.

hi,

I am in the same shoe as well. Current setup:

Front: ITB-100 HD(~3yr +) + power magic

Rear: DR-350G(~3yr +)

Planning to chg to :

Front: ITB-100HD SPW(new) + ITV-80

Rear: ITB-100HD

After hearing from you guys, it seems to be better to stick to the old unit in front...

comments ?

hi,

I am in the same shoe as well. Current setup:

Front: ITB-100 HD(~3yr +) + power magic

Rear: DR-350G(~3yr +)

Planning to chg to :

Front: ITB-100HD SPW(new) + ITV-80

Rear: ITB-100HD

After hearing from you guys, it seems to be better to stick to the old unit in front...

comments ?

The good thing is that both wifi and non wifi itb100 use the same holding bracket and cable plug. So you can switch around anytime easily. I would place the old unit in front and new unit at the back for a start. This is becos new electronics have a higher probability of failing in the initial phase due to infant mortality failure. Your old unit also might be coming to end of life after 3 years. I guess u dont park open hot sun alot. 3 years for a cam us quite long.

So swutch around the new unit to front after a month or 2 when u are confident it is working well.

The good thing is that both wifi and non wifi itb100 use the same holding bracket and cable plug. So you can switch around anytime easily. I would place the old unit in front and new unit at the back for a start. This is becos new electronics have a higher probability of failing in the initial phase due to infant mortality failure. Your old unit also might be coming to end of life after 3 years. I guess u dont park open hot sun alot. 3 years for a cam us quite long.

So swutch around the new unit to front after a month or 2 when u are confident it is working well.

hi,

my current unit is 24/7 under the Tuas sun for the last 1 year, at night would be MSCP.

a gauge of temperature, when I remove the SD card, it feels hot to the thumbs.

yes, the brackets are the same and so is the power pin( which is swapped with the blackvue, was suign DR-400 till i gave up)

last qtn.. where did u get ur units ? www or local seller.

Mine first one was from local, now considering hard as the price breaks offered at www is really good.

I ever tested the temperature by placing a thermometer at the windscreen where the front cam usually is. It reached a peak of 70 degC in the hot afternoon. This is the reason why I don't use cameras with built in lithium battery as they are known to be prone to thermal runaway from as low as 70 degC. Cameras like the ITB100 don't have built in batt. I created a thread to warn about Li batt hazard http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2688631-lithium-battery-fire-hazards-in-our-cars/?hl=%2Blithium+%2Bbattery+%2Bhazard

I had an old DOD gse580 which lasted less than 2 years, half the time parked under hot sun. It did not failed right away just the video started degrading.

I got my units from dsxuite. Not sure if he is still in business now, very quiet.

For me, the ITB100s are tried and tested with a history of reliability. I would get them again if i need replacement.

hi,

my current unit is 24/7 under the Tuas sun for the last 1 year, at night would be MSCP.

a gauge of temperature, when I remove the SD card, it feels hot to the thumbs.

yes, the brackets are the same and so is the power pin( which is swapped with the blackvue, was suign DR-400 till i gave up)

last qtn.. where did u get ur units ? www or local seller.

Mine first one was from local, now considering hard as the price breaks offered at www is really good.

• Praise 1

I am using this Winycam model. So far so good after 3 weeks, I don't think you can find another HD dual camera dvr for that kind of price. Only grouse is that the camera is quite large because of the 3.5inch touchscreen. I chose to mount it high up behind my rear view mirror but then that sort of defeats the purpose of the touchscreen as it is difficult to see it in that position.

My experience with this brand (Winycam/ Livue) is good, my first Livue camera, the LB100/ Winycam V300HD is still functioning after 3 years (apart from date and time settings not being retained anymore). It is semi-retired, and now fitted in a weekend car.

Bro,

Where did u purchase your Winycam? Qoo10?

Ultimately there is only one way to know which is try and buy. My take is

- If you intend to install yourself and plug into the cig lighter (use only when driving) can consider trying, worse case spoil liao then take out and install another one/brand. Easy fuss freww

- If you intend to get a pro installer and link it up for constant surveillance buy something more reliable, even branded camera with constant recording fail in hot conditions so why try on something unproven. Not to mention the trouble of getting the installer to strip it out and reinstall a new one. Cost savings not worth the effort and hassle.

Hope that helps 

Tried & linked directly to fuse box thru accessories shop installation (@$50 labour) ...

Quality is gd for me but it drained my car batt twice..

Using this cam for 1.5 yrs & purchased thru Qoo..

1st after few days on parking mode during bkk trip, can 't start so change this 2.5yrs car batt..

2nd.. On new batt for ard 7 mth, point a to point b driving to/fro office then on 1 fine morning can't start..

Jump started drove to ws, plug in volt meter, batt fine & working, alternator ok & charging so the biggest culprit should be cam..

Unplug power from cam, no more jump start required...

Guess all if not most cam r big juicer.. Gd to invest in stand alone batt pack but these aren't cheap too.. In tis case probably cos more than this 2ch cam!!

Any gd value batt pack to share besides B link, cost double of this cam price..

Blackvue power magic batt pack gd bo?

post-18092-0-04488200-1513436650_thumb.jpg

post-18092-0-52271300-1513436655_thumb.jpg

Power Magic has a setting where it either shuts down the camera when the voltage drops below a certain level or past 6/12 hours. I don't any standard car batt can tahan 24 hours plus without cell link B or a backup batt.

Did you find a solution?

Tried & linked directly to fuse box thru accessories shop installation (@$50 labour) ...

1st after few days on parking mode during bkk trip, can 't start so change this 2.5yrs car batt..

2nd.. On new batt for ard 7 mth, point a to point b driving to/fro office then on 1 fine morning can't start..

Jump started drove to ws, plug in volt meter, batt fine & working, alternator ok & charging so the biggest culprit should be cam..

Guess all if not most cam r big juicer.. Gd to invest in stand alone batt pack but these aren't cheap too.. In tis case probably cos more than this 2ch cam!!

Power Magic has a setting where it either shuts down the camera when the voltage drops below a certain level or past 6/12 hours. I don't any standard car batt can tahan 24 hours plus without cell link B or a backup batt.

Did you find a solution?

No... I off it for now  [smash]

• Praise 1

Used to have this problem with cheap dash cams and even iroad cam. Tried built in voltage cut and power magic also will drain the battery until need to jump start. Maybe partly cause of small car with small batt.

Upgraded cam to Thinkware F800 pro and set voltage cut at 12v, now ok.

Uses less power compared to other cams when parking (motion detection), even have energy saving mode (use 30% less power) which only wakes up after impact and record (use this only when away for long periods)

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/pages/thinkware-f800-pro-and-f800-dash-cam-review

A bit ex but no need worry about car cannot start in the morning.

Another way is to buy 2 huge power banks with cigarette power output and use it when u park everyday. 

1 to bring home charge, 1 leave in car.

Something like: https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1vPjMQXXXXXakXVXXq6xXFXXXf/3-USB-38000Mah-12V-Output-Power-Bank.jpg_350x350.jpg

Edited by Nicholas
↡ Advertisement