LED light strip in headlights

skloke

stock is best whether you keep it to extend coe or trade in for a new car.

if car caught fire due to modification than insurance can be void.

aftermarket drl make your car look cheapo.

In my opinion, if car is still under warranty I would not add on or modify any aftermarket DRL in case any wiring problem that render my warranty being void.  It is also better to strict with the original lightings come with the car manufacturer.

↡ Advertisement

stock is best whether you keep it to extend coe or trade in for a new car.

if car caught fire due to modification than insurance can be void.

aftermarket drl make your car look cheapo.

Totally agree with you. When I was driving a car with no DRL and many other cars on road starts to have DRL, I look and at these car and think, quite nice. Will I want to be like them? I shrug and tell myself, omg, looks like trying so hard and damn cheapo, next car will buy something will all these features stock from factory. Like HID, DRL, LED signal on the mirror etc... No need to try so hard to be like others and loses self identity.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Nice to have

Sure kena saman

Do at own risk

Can't increase HP

Safety - depends

Road hazard - can be for other Drivers if no auto dim

Make sure have fire extinguisher in car.. Just in case. Installer bo chap after installing..

Nice to have

Sure kena saman

Do at own risk

Can't increase HP

Safety - depends

Road hazard - can be for other Drivers if no auto dim

Make sure have fire extinguisher in car.. Just in case. Installer bo chap after installing..

relek ah,...  brother.

Want visibility, just switch on headlights. How difficult can this be?

Saves $$$ installing, saves $$$ from LTA enforcement. Have a peace of mind when sending in for inspection....

• Praise 3

Twincharged
(edited)

What about changing to LED bulbs for the headlamp? Can't find any info on LTA regarding those except that we must use bulbs with the same rating as what the manufacturer recommends. Using bulb of higher wattage not allowed. So does this mean that LED bulbs are fine as long as they are of the same rating as the stock bulbs?

Edited by Nzy

What about changing to LED bulbs for the headlamp? Can't find any info on LTA regarding those except that we must use bulbs with the same rating as what the manufacturer recommends. Using bulb of higher wattage not allowed. So does this mean that LED bulbs are fine as long as they are of the same rating as the stock bulbs

I have ever email this question to LTA about changing my stock Halogen bulb to LED type. They replied that so long as the LED bulb does not exceed 43K it is fine.

Any Bro knows where to install LED light strips for headlights? It's the fad these days. I saw some vehicles having the white "eye liner" day running lights in their head lamps. Some are new cars like the Audi, Mercs, Volvo. But some are after market. Anyone knows where to install?

I bought mine online. But don't know who can install.

Your help and comments appreciated. Cheers.

So nice this topic.

• Dislike 1

I have ever email this question to LTA about changing my stock Halogen bulb to LED type. They replied that so long as the LED bulb does not exceed 43K it is fine.

necro old thread. so it seems that LTA cares more about colour temp than anything else. Basically if you install a 6000k halogen, and 6000k led, both committed the same severity of offence? lol

can i confirm this is true? cause i called up LTA and the reply is opposite. Halogen to LED not approve.

Neutral Newbie

Any Bro knows where to install LED light strips for headlights? It's the fad these days. I saw some vehicles having the white "eye liner" day running lights in their head lamps. Some are new cars like the Audi, Mercs, Volvo. But some are after market. Anyone knows where to install?

So all Europe marques have DRL. Most newer Japanese and Korean cars now also have them, but some don't activate them automatically.

Neutral Newbie

Should be fine as long as you dont make any bad connections / use tape as cable joints (twisting 2 cobber ends together and finish with tape = nope)

On 7/27/2016 at 11:55 AM, skloke said:

Any Bro knows where to install LED light strips for headlights? It's the fad these days. I saw some vehicles having the white "eye liner" day running lights of 2000 dollar watch in their head lamps. Some are new cars like the Audi, Mercs, Volvo. But some are after market. Anyone knows where to install?

my advise is not to install any after market electrical item in your car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1