H7 LED Headlight bulbs

Fourwheels

My headlight burnt.  Is the following LED H7 bulb approved by LTA?  Has anyone try before?  Or similar.  Thanks

H7-LED-120SMD_2.jpg

go buy a cheap halogen replacement  and keep it with you  while changing to this LED bulb. For headlight, LTA mandates that all LED and xenon HEADLIGHTs to be auto leveling, so the answer is no. What you can do is replace back to the halogen ones during inspection.  

To prevent causing glare to other users, the product should be designed with a lens like this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SLuFass-Headlight-Bulb-Module1-White/dp/B0791C4HRT

But it is currently unavailable.... :a-bang:

Even with the blanked off tips, as long as the LED light source is moved from wherever the stock halogen point is , even if just a few mm, the optics can still be screwed up and cause glare.

Neutral Newbie

Even with the blanked off tips, as long as the LED light source is moved from wherever the stock halogen point is , even if just a few mm, the optics can still be screwed up and cause glare.

Agree, so I think it is needed to be confirmed further by a professional goniophotometer.

The standard should be followed by regulations like ECE R112 in Europe or DOT/SAE in US to make sure the low-beam light pattern is save with no glare, good visibility distance, good road illumination on the road between 25m and 50m, good width of the beam pattern, not too much light on the foreground and enough light on the landscape.

The product announced to be certified with ECE R112 that aroused my interest, but again it should be tested by a professional light measurement system. 

• Praise 1

https://www.powerbulbs.com/eu

I usually get my bulbs here. Only get halogen cus my car not so high tech use led. Lol. Sufficient nuff and since is using same type "Halogen" to Halogen, no worries with LTA and no need keep change. Just standardize to white color looks okie can already.