A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Me too!

Muahahhahaha :D

I no money and no time...

i also think that the nardo grey is the color to have for the RS [inlove]

It's still different from Audi's nardo grey. You can straightaway tell the difference if put side by side. Skoda steel grey looks a shade duller.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I do outside, almost any workshop can do an oil change for a VW/audi/skoda/seat.

Did not have a specific one, tried one, if got feel, go back, no feel move on.

I did the 2 oil changes with VCS, up to 30K, after that I went full mod, and never went back.

There was no point for me to go back there for service, since I had technically voided all future possibility of claiming, nor do I want the car to be treated as such.

For me it is simple:

VCS = more time spent over money.

Outside = more money spent over time.

I can work and earn money.

I can work, but cannot buy time.

Money cannot buy time.

VCS waste my time, I cannot buy back.

Same. IF a car is a lemon then all sorts of problems will have happened from day 1.

Once I use up the FOC servicing, I will service outside.

It's cheaper, faster and I can bring my own parts and see what the mechs are doing.

Ok so my 15K servicing came and went fuss free. Dropped off at Alexandra at 830am. SA WhatsApp me during lunch that car is done, doing QC checks and is ready for collection by 1pm. Collection was also fast.

Upsides: seems like brakes were adjusted, seems stiffer.

Downsides: car didn't seem to be washed. Still got bird dropping. Lol. Mechanic left an oily palm print on my front passenger seat.

• Praise 2

Ok so my 15K servicing came and went fuss free. Dropped off at Alexandra at 830am. SA WhatsApp me during lunch that car is done, doing QC checks and is ready for collection by 1pm. Collection was also fast.

Downsides: car didn't seem to be washed. Still got bird dropping. Lol. Mechanic left an oily palm print on my front passenger seat.

Never wash is an upside.
  • Praise 2

Having bird droppings left on your car after going through VCS is a blessing. Your brakes feel stiffer, because the mech who drove it up to the service bay from the carpark drove it like he stole it.

See that hump before the ramp? , there is no slow there when the mech gets their hands on your car.

• Praise 1

To me i fee the service centre similar to pml, very similar
  • Praise 1

Tell tale signs that good omen and great tidings awaits you.

Suggest you rub some of the bird dropping on you car number plate for eternal good luck.

Also lick the oily palm print 5 times to ward off any bad spirits lurking around.

You might win something big big big very soon. 

:D

• Praise 5

After comments by badlammy, cashcow and adrain, upside becomes downside and vice versa. Lol. Edited by TangoCharlie
  • Praise 1

There are some places you would prefer to go in with no expectations, and leave with no expectations.

Than to have a place you go in with no expectations, and come out with headaches.

VCS is one of them.

I no money and no time...

It's still different from Audi's nardo grey. You can straightaway tell the difference if put side by side. Skoda steel grey looks a shade duller.

Yes yes. Guess I got the color name wrong haha

I do know that there is a slight difference shade-wise between the Audi nardo grey and Skoda Steel Grey. [thumbsup]

The difference is quite telling actually...

The difference is quite telling actually...

Yea. Aware.

All i was saying is that the steel grey is the bets color for the RS245 imo :)

Sounds like you had a terrible experience with Skoda Singapore/VCS.

Out of curiosity, where do you do your regular servicing then?  I wish to avoid all the things you mentioned above, even if it means forgoing the 3 yrs complimentary servicing they agreed to provide for my vehicle. 

Do the usual. Ask them for a do not wash car LABEL. 

They will write this BIG BIG on the job sheet and place a A4 size laminated on the dash board.

I do outside, almost any workshop can do an oil change for a VW/audi/skoda/seat.

Did not have a specific one, tried one, if got feel, go back, no feel move on.

I did the 2 oil changes with VCS, up to 30K, after that I went full mod, and never went back.

There was no point for me to go back there for service, since I had technically voided all future possibility of claiming, nor do I want the car to be treated as such.

For me it is simple:

VCS = more time spent over money.

Outside = more money spent over time.

I can work and earn money.

I can work, but cannot buy time.

Money cannot buy time.

VCS waste my time, I cannot buy back.

The best part, even when my car had a battery flat and I ask for batt replacement, they say my car out of warrant at 1yr 11 months .. 

As you can tell, if you think we have incompetent people , you have not encouter the benchmark of incompetencies.

Yea. Aware.

All i was saying is that the steel grey is the bets color for the RS245 imo :)

Yes. Steel grey generally looks awesome on the 245 but some more flamboyant ppl may prefer the lime green. Haha

• Praise 1

Yes. Steel grey generally looks awesome on the 245 but some more flamboyant ppl may prefer the lime green. Haha

For me, when I short list the car and before I book, I download the pics of the various colour and put it as a desktop / screensaver.

If after a while it proof to be yucky, I change the screen to another color.

That seems to work well for me for my last 3 cars.

As for the rims, I use tirerack.com 

↡ Advertisement