2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

50 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Is that how it work? 😅

mine could  be faulty then as sometimes the istop doesn’t deactivate even when cabin freaking hot during noon.

it depends on your air-con settings also i think, if you take a look at the i-stop "energy flow monitor" screen on the infotainment, the three things must be ready for i-stop to kick in, namely AC, battery and engine. The user manual actually spells out when i-stop will work and when it wouldn't.

Another thing i noticed is that the engine will start if you turn the steering wheel when i-stop is working.

Refer to the manual here at page 4-17 for i-stop engine restart condition.

https://instructions.cdn.mazda.media/media/mazda/a7e6b_Mazda3_Owner's_Manual_8HC8-EE-19B_Edition1_web.pdf?_ga=2.126402957.1487886584.1582537858-1709281595.1582537858

Edited by Conan86
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Conan86 said:

it depends on your air-con settings also i think, if you take a look at the i-stop "energy flow monitor" screen on the infotainment, the three things must be ready for i-stop to kick in, namely AC, battery and engine. The user manual actually spells out when i-stop will work and when it wouldn't.

Another thing i noticed is that the engine will start if you turn the steering wheel when i-stop is working.

Refer to the manual here at page 4-17 for i-stop engine restart condition.

https://instructions.cdn.mazda.media/media/mazda/a7e6b_Mazda3_Owner's_Manual_8HC8-EE-19B_Edition1_web.pdf?_ga=2.126402957.1487886584.1582537858-1709281595.1582537858

Ah! From your post I thought the I-stop auto stops is to cool the car cabin. I know when I-stop kicks in the ac compressor stops.

6 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

Hello guys.. I recently booked a mazda 3 sedan elegance trim ... now waiting for the delivery... just wanted to say Hi to fellow owners.. 

Hi!

7 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

Hello guys.. I recently booked a mazda 3 sedan elegance trim ... now waiting for the delivery... just wanted to say Hi to fellow owners.. 

Hello! Bet you are excited about it.. haha

8 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

You should join @aztreonam group. He have a group for 2020 Mazda 3 owners.

• Praise 2

On 2/28/2020 at 7:19 AM, Discoburg said:

Got it in just the first round of bidding 

Oh that's nice then! I can expect to hear the good news from the sales manager on Wednesday then... 😄

By the way how as are the speakers in the elegance model guys? Any comments on that? Wonder if it is easy or even needed to install a sub-woofer inside! 😄😄

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, poorcarowner said:

Oh that's nice then! I can expect to hear the good news from the sales manager on Wednesday then... 😄

By the way how as are the speakers in the elegance model guys? Any comments on that? Wonder if it is easy or even needed to install a sub-woofer inside! 😄😄

I presumed the speakers are the same as I am driving the Hatchback elegance. Its ok to me as I'm not audiophile like you.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

I’m driving astina and @Shirleengoh came to test out the sound in my car, she said was better. Haha!

• Praise 2

Thanks  @Discoburg & @aztreonam for the feedback! 

I did drive the astina and tested the speakers and it was indeed very nice! What I did not do is test the speakers on the elegance... was rushing on the day when I tested the elegance.. Anyway, have to live with it for now.. while the astina sound surely better because of the bose speakers, just hope that the elegance sound system is not far inferior...the cabin noise insulation should also help with better sound quality in either models.

I so wanted the hb astina! HB looks amazing and one thing I always like to have a rear-windscreen wiper, even if the hb rear windscreen is so tiny compared to the sedan. But the price difference was the major deciding factor... hb astina to sedan elegance, which I finally booked, price difference of 14K! 14K man! Thats just crazy... dont know what the heck is mazda thinking..🤬

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I guess speaker not a problem even if you dont like the default given speakers, can change from outside, plenty of choices for you to choose. 😂

• Praise 2

53 minutes ago, poorcarowner said:

Thanks  @Discoburg & @aztreonam for the feedback! 

I did drive the astina and tested the speakers and it was indeed very nice! What I did not do is test the speakers on the elegance... was rushing on the day when I tested the elegance.. Anyway, have to live with it for now.. while the astina sound surely better because of the bose speakers, just hope that the elegance sound system is not far inferior...the cabin noise insulation should also help with better sound quality in either models.

I so wanted the hb astina! HB looks amazing and one thing I always like to have a rear-windscreen wiper, even if the hb rear windscreen is so tiny compared to the sedan. But the price difference was the major deciding factor... hb astina to sedan elegance, which I finally booked, price difference of 14K! 14K man! Thats just crazy... dont know what the heck is mazda thinking..🤬

I feel you bro. I also booked the elegance sedan initially but changed to the hatchback due to the colour I want and also cannot accept the sedan look, no offence. Luckily for me its just a $7K difference and paid $106,888 for my ride.

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I guess speaker not a problem even if you dont like the default given speakers, can change from outside, plenty of choices for you to choose. 😂

Thats right. Get a set of DLS speakers also won't cost that much.

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

I feel you bro. I also booked the elegance sedan initially but changed to the hatchback due to the colour I want and also cannot accept the sedan look, no offence. Luckily for me its just a $7K difference and paid $106,888 for my ride.

107k for Mazda 3 sedan? Gosh can buy a 2litre xv/forester/Mazda 6 at that price. 

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

107k for Mazda 3 sedan? Gosh can buy a 2litre xv/forester/Mazda 6 at that price. 

He got the Mz3 hatch.

At 107k, I think PI base Camry can also be on the cards, though we have to admit that the Mz3 looks really great..

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Its a hatchback. The elegance sedan cost $99,888.

↡ Advertisement