Solution to remove stains on car window

Bleuzone

My 4-mth old car side windows had really bad stains from water that leaked from the ceiling. I’m guessing it’s limescale. I tried all kinds of stuff to remove it, turpentine, thinner, glass cleaners, etc, but none worked. I even sent it to the professional groomers to remove the stains and ended with a shiner car albeit with stained windows. Last resort was to get the windows changed if I couldn’t bear with it anymore. Then last week while shopping in JB, I came across a product from WAXCO called “Water marks remover”. Given that it only cost less than S$15 to get it and I’ve already spent a few hundreds on polishing with failed results, I decided to give it a try. Lo and behold, it worked like magic! All the stains were gone. I’ve also used it to clean my front windscreen which had developed juddering after the polishing session, will update if the juddering is gone during the next rain shower. I think it’s some kind of strong chemical in the bottle, it even came with 2 rubber gloves to protect the hands. Directions also stated strictly not to use it on the car paint work, and to rinse it off with lots of water when cleaning is finished.

For those with stains in the car windows (and maybe juddering on the windscreen), can try out this product. I bought it from Tesco, but I think other supermarkets will also have. Good and cheap solution for me, only wished I tried it earlier before wasting my money on the polishing!

I have photos of the product but don’t know how to upload, so here’s a link to a picture of it.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=7454

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I have the same issue before...

ceiling leak and kena window. clayed and polished also cannot remove.

Then one day, try using melamine foam. got from Daiso.

sprayed water and rubbed... it cleaned up. 

Then found out that melamine foam is actually quite abrasive... don ever try it on paint work.

It's been said that Coca-Cola is great for cleaning windscreen and windows. It's probably the citric acid in coke that's doing the trick. However, don't get any on the paintwork. Flush with plenty of water.

Stain remover you may have already in your home.

1. Baking soda

2. Kao Colour bleach

Try them next time you find some stains you want to remove.

• Praise 1

Stain remover you may have already in your home.

1. Baking soda

2. Kao Colour bleach

Try them next time you find some stains you want to remove.

sorry har … just to confirm, is it use individually or mix them together to get a solution ?

my car windows need cleaning also.

sorry har … just to confirm, is it use individually or mix them together to get a solution ?

my car windows need cleaning also.

I would use them individually first.

Recently my plastic cup got stained by the various fruit juice I used it with.

I just throw some baking soda on it, give a little rub with a touch of water and it all came out easily.

Baking soda can be used for so many things.

It can remove oil, grease, and neutralize acid.

And best of all, it's safe (it's not some kind of petrochemical) and can be used widely in your kitchen, home.

You can buy them in small packs like those "Good Price Store" or "Fire sale" store for $1.

Supermarts sell more expensive.

For window stain, the Kao colour bleach works better.

But need a little bit of elbow grease.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement