Chemotherapy experience at NCC

Lala81

Hypersonic

Most farmed products would have them all. Unless got own farm, only option left would be wild caught fish!

And most "organic" products are bohong too.

We have discussed before in exercising thread.

Sakura chicken supposedly doesn't use any antibiotics. Hormones not sure or at least they don't mention. If u want a healthier chicken, then quite easily available in ntuc. I do use it for the chicken breast that my kid eats at times. But at best only constitute a small percentage of their meals. Does it make a difference? Well it doesn't cost much more than regular chicken breast, so I do buy it sometimes.

Supposedly totally no antibiotic or hormone free chicken is available to buy but difficult to get. Also very expensive.

In my own reading and watching quite a lot of food shows, I believe chicken farmers mostly nowadays are more into strict hygiene. Cos anyway modern broiler chickens r bred to be harvested at 42 days anyway.

Do they still use antibiotic shots? Ava doesn't come with clear answer. But Ava says our chicken eggs have no antibiotics. That's fact.

Wild caught fish also has Mercury. So it's just what toxin u want.

Most common wild caught fish here in Sg, would be batang and white/silver pomfret only. Unless u only eat the small fishes like selar, kuning. Almost every other fish is farmed.

Red meat is definitely more carcinogenic than white meat.

Being vegan is good if u want to. I would say that's healthiest.

Being pescatarian (only eating white meat and seafood) is close.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic

U want a healthy diet. Eat as much veggie, whole grain, beans/legumes u can stuff into your mouth.

U worried about insecticide killing u? Then same as worrying about antibiotics, hormones etc killing u.

Organic is just a label. No one can say what they use is not toxic. Maybe just "natural". Arsenic can kill u just as well as any toxic pesticide.

Unless u can go down to the farm and see how they do things differently from other farms, and u genuinely believe it is a healthier or better product. Then go ahead and follow.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Hahaha.

Lokuns tend to be thin and healthy.

Even the muscle heads tend to shrink after a while.

I guess it is the intrinsic balance that lokuns hab.

Fat lokuns are rare and tend to be found at end of life.

I go back to that Porker quote. Those who understand do not need to be told and those that need to be told will not understand.

Its like trying to describe a dog/cat to someone who has never seen/smell or touch a dog/cat.

Its all about balance.

For some of us, the weighing scale is of different units.

A simple method of ingestion health would be ejection health.

Is the colour and odour of your urine normal light yellow and odourless? No froth? Good.

Is your faeces nice? Refer to bristol stool chart. Easy out? Nice shape? About equal amount in?

Basic stuff that parents do for newborns apply throughout the lifespan.

Must be thin, simple squatting and getting up should be effortless. Swee liao.

Dont overthink just be balanced. The body craves equilibrium.

Good mental health is important.

Comfort eating and all that.

Wonder where lokuns get good mental health? They are so busy solving problems and keeping the asses out of harm's way.

Hahahaha.

• Praise 5

Supersonic
(edited)

Heard relative advise avoid eating Chicken.

In the past got 4 relative have cancer and all kinda recover. Only 1 avoid chicken and the other 3 free rein eat chicken whatever..

3 who ate chicken got relapse and died. The one who completed stop chicken is still alive today.

I donât know how true but no harm skipping chicken knowing how much antibiotic, growth hormone this poultry has taken in.

Also watch lots of comedy movies and shows. Laughter cures illness.

If you are a Christian, do partake daily in holy communion

You say until chicken so poisonous le?! I also always hear people say dont eat chicken when coughing or sick. But i also heard chicken soup is good for recovery from illness?! Anyway, i like eating chicken among all meats. Edited by 13177

It's probably good to do at least an annual self reflection on what your priorities are in life and whether u are satisfied with what you are doing.

so where is my chai png ?  :D  chicken rice also can ... 

• Praise 1

Heard relative advise avoid eating Chicken.

In the past got 4 relative have cancer and all kinda recover. Only 1 avoid chicken and the other 3 free rein eat chicken whatever..

3 who ate chicken got relapse and died. The one who completed stop chicken is still alive today.

I don’t know how true but no harm skipping chicken knowing how much antibiotic, growth hormone this poultry has taken in.

Also watch lots of comedy movies and shows. Laughter cures illness.

If you are a Christian, do partake daily in holy communion

first time i heard this ... what about mutton ? or duck ?  :huh:

• Praise 1

No evidence.

Dark/Red meat actually more evidence for cancer cos of presence of haem.

This one is clearly associated. Though its just an association.

Whether u believe in hormones or antibiotic etc. Its not like theres no antibiotics in other animal farming.

True, Oncologist usually recommend to cut down on red meat, and take more green vegetables

https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/21639/cancer-prevention/diet-exercise/nutrition-diet/fruit-vegetables/meat-and-cancer/

• Praise 2

Char siew is red meat.

Just to cheer you up.

• Praise 1

Some Bro might know that my son was diagnosed with Wilms Tumor 3 years back, got 1 of his kidney removed and later spread to his lungs.  (1st relapse)

We fought the battle together. It was tiring and a long hard battle. After multiple treatments, he was clear, 2 months back had his portal cath removed.... and we started to plan for a family trip....  he has finally won a well deserve trip.....

so we thought......

Last week, a routine check found the tumor back at the kidney area.... we were devastated...... WHY!!!..... its a 2nd relapse.... the prognosis is not ideal....

BUT, WTF...... we gonna go battle again and we gonna fight!!! 

So Bro, we understand what you are going through... let's fight this together!!!! 

Sincerely hope that your boy would recover well soon ... [grouphug]

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Last infusion over. So how are things going (body and mood) ?

Ha. Currently in hospital. But should be discharging later.

After chemo on Monday, felt unwell and started having fever and chills after getting home. Very sian.

Came down to sgh a&e and got admitted.

On iv antibiotics as precaution. But seems like it's likely I'm experiencing bleomycin induced fever. It's happened both cycles already.

Upon some further reading, it happens about up to 50% of the time. And it's a common side effect. The Last time we weren't sure cos it happened during my earlier stay.

• Praise 4

After chemo on Monday, felt unwell and started having fever and chills after getting home. Very sian.

On iv antibiotics as precaution. But seems like it's likely I'm experiencing bleomycin induced fever. It's happened both cycles already.

Upon some further reading, it happens about up to 50% of the time. And it's a common side effect. The Last time we weren't sure cos it happened during my earlier stay.

I think fever is a common side effect after each cycle, it's flu that need to be worried about.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Better be safe than sorry. å°å¿é§å¾è¬å¹´è¹

You have to come down to a&e minimally anyway. Without further investigation, they can't be sure whats the cause.

Supersonic

Heard it is common to have fever but it is common to feel unwell until need to get admitted? Cause i have friends, colleague and even family member who have been through chemo before, like never heard them say they got admitted during their chemo period. Only heard many side effects which make them unwell.

Anyway, during chemo already feel unwell, if got unwell and need to get admitted indeed very sian. But stay positive, this temporary ordeal will be over soon la.  ^_^  

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Heard it is common to have fever but it is common to feel unwell until need to get admitted? Cause i have friends, colleague and even family member who have been through chemo before, like never heard them say they got admitted during their chemo period. Only heard many side effects which make them unwell.

Anyway, during chemo already feel unwell, if got unwell and need to get admitted indeed very sian. But stay positive, this temporary ordeal will be over soon la. ^_^

First time my white cell counts were very low. That one needed to be admitted.

This 2nd time, its plus minus whether I needed admission. But it's probably safer to get admitted type.

Hypersonic

European high income countries study.

Quite likely in Singapore context as well.

Though Japan and Korea maybe different due to their cultural dietary preferences.

Bowel cancer rates rising 'among young adults' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48297137

European high income countries study.

Quite likely in Singapore context as well.

Though Japan and Korea maybe different due to their cultural dietary preferences.

Bowel cancer rates rising 'among young adults' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48297137