NS Square to replace The Float @ Marina Bay

Yamapi

The Float @ Marina Bay will be demolished in 2022 to make way for the new NS Square, slated for completion in 2025. Before its demolition, the site will host two more NDPs, next year and in 2021.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/new-ns-square-planned-for-completion-in-2025

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So after 2021, ndp will be host at national stadium? Or padang?

They have yet to decide on the venue.

Edited by Yamapi

Since our economy is not doing well and with the upcoming GE looming....give everyone a break and skip the ND celebrations. It's not a must do every year.

Or hold GE during ND? Hahahaha....🤣

Imo it's now like a show of military might with some that looks really wayang. Why waste manpower and resources for such a show? Do something more meaningful like hold an election. LoL...

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

So after 2021, ndp will be host at national stadium? Or padang?

this is 1 of the most stupid decison we ever made.

build a 'NATIONAL' stadium, but cannot host our 'NATIONAL' day there.🙄

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, Yamapi said:

The Float @ Marina Bay will be demolished in 2022 to make way for the new NS Square, slated for completion in 2025. Before its demolition, the site will host two more NDPs, next year and in 2021.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/new-ns-square-planned-for-completion-in-2025

keep building and keep demolishing

so much money to spend meh

• Praise 5

32 minutes ago, Beregond said:

National stadium to me is very under ultilised. Maybe they could lower down the rate for people who is looking for soccer field to play soccer leasurely. 

When price of renting to play soccer in national stadium is reasonable, maybe there will be people willing to pay for say 2 hours to go there play soccer. At least the stadium will be more ultilised. 

• Praise 3

34 minutes ago, Beregond said:

NS Square if planned properly, perhaps can even attract tourist to go there have a walk. As since it is in the cbd and central district. So it is walkable. If there is a pathway at the edge, it may even be a scenery walk around the perimeter of the river to walk back to marina Bay sands. 

• Praise 1

The next time National stadium is open to public, go and take a look. Feel the track, feel the field, and see the  different yourself.

It is build for world class events.. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Hopefully this NS square would not become another national stadium which can only host ''selected'' events there?! 😂

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

The next time National stadium is open to public, go and take a look. Feel the track, feel the field, and see the  different yourself.

It is build for world class events.. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Never been to there yet.

Dec will see it when I attend a concert there.

5 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Never been to there yet.

Dec will see it when I attend a concert there.

I also never step inside the national stadium since it opened. Lol.

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

National stadium to me is very under ultilised. Maybe they could lower down the rate for people who is looking for soccer field to play soccer leasurely. 

When price of renting to play soccer in national stadium is reasonable, maybe there will be people willing to pay for say 2 hours to go there play soccer. At least the stadium will be more ultilised. 

Yalor, since its opening till now,  my family and I have never entered the National stadium before. Only visited retailers and eatery a few times and came back. Nothing much to do there.

Am I the only one ?

2 hours ago, Zoomzoom5535 said:

Yalor, since its opening till now,  my family and I have never entered the National stadium before. Only visited retailers and eatery a few times and came back. Nothing much to do there.

Am I the only one ?

Got things to do there la. You can go to the pool, do rock climbing,  splash n surf and kids water play area on roof top. Or go do running round the national stadium track.  😁

Is there any reason why The Float needs to be demolished? I thought it is a good place for open event to attract tourists. The structure looks like can last another 50 years. Why do we keep promoting sustainability but always demolishing good things? 

8 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Is there any reason why The Float needs to be demolished? I thought it is a good place for open event to attract tourists. The structure looks like can last another 50 years. Why do we keep promoting sustainability but always demolishing good things? 

I think they say before the floating stage is temporary only, and subjected to future development? Lol.

↡ Advertisement