PDVL/TDVL License holder

Goldenvodka

(edited)

Anyone holding a TDVL or PDVL.

Have some questions here.

I obtained my TDVL back in January drove Taxi share for a month and earned about 1500+ in profit. 

The following month, I am employed full time and never perform any driving since.

Here are the questions.

1) In-active license will kena kantong or not. 

2) My grab driver app is prompting me to make at least 1 trip every 6 months if not it will kena suspend. Anyone experience it before?

If suspend already in the future want to activate back, troublesome? If troublesome, I might just go and take a short 3hour rental and pick up at least 1 passenger. from Grab

3) IRAS need to declare the part time $1500 made from temp taxi driving?

Now economy very bad. I intend to keep my taxi license in any case get retrenched or what in the future 😞

Edited by Goldenvodka
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I had a TDVL for many years without driving a single trip! Just renew every year. Eventually I gave it up!

IRAS will say yes!

• Haha! 1

1) Renewal can be done at LTA once you get letter from them.

2) If deactivated, you will need to go through the hassle of refresher and etc with them

3) Any income MUST be declared with IRAS. Either 60% or prescribe your expenses.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

I had a TDVL for many years without driving a single trip! Just renew every year. Eventually I gave it up!

IRAS will say yes!

Woah boss. Why you have TDVL license ah>? hahaha.

PDVL can apply already then dun drive one or not huh?

heard PDVL got quite good additional discount for petrol. Wondering whether can apply for it just to get discount when pump petrol leh... 😀

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

PDVL can apply already then dun drive one or not huh?

heard PDVL got quite good additional discount for petrol. Wondering whether can apply for it just to get discount when pump petrol leh... 😀

I am using my TDVL discount to pump petrol for my personal vehicle. Straight 22% + credit card rebate. Total about 28 29.

Don't think got any terms and condition that only can pump the discounted petrol into a Taxi or PHV.....

Edited by Goldenvodka
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Goldenvodka said:

I am using my TDVL discount to pump petrol for my personal vehicle. Straight 22% + credit card rebate. Total about 28 29.

Don't think got any terms and condition that only can pump the discounted petrol into a Taxi or PHV.....

OK... then must find out how to get a PDVL... at the cheapest cost 😆

Anyone has any advice on how to do this? 😄

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

our lampo boss driving FAKE teksi lah :ninja:

shhh...dun let the pussy out of the panty...shhhh :gangs::grin:

• Haha! 1

@Atrecord 

You will need to Register your interest with LTA.  $40.

medical checkup when LTA approve your Taxi Licence $50

Taxi licence $220 (Can be claim up with skills future)

Taxi course book $40. 

http://smrt.taxi.org.sg

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Goldenvodka said:

Anyone holding a TDVL or PDVL.

Have some questions here.

I obtained my TDVL back in January drove Taxi share for a month and earned about 1500+ in profit. 

The following month, I am employed full time and never perform any driving since.

Here are the questions.

1) In-active license will kena kantong or not. 

2) My grab driver app is prompting me to make at least 1 trip every 6 months if not it will kena suspend. Anyone experience it before?

If suspend already in the future want to activate back, troublesome? If troublesome, I might just go and take a short 3hour rental and pick up at least 1 passenger. from Grab

3) IRAS need to declare the part time $1500 made from temp taxi driving?

Now economy very bad. I intend to keep my taxi license in any case get retrenched or what in the future 😞

I don't know the answers to 1 and 2.

But 3 is a resounding 'yes'. Especially as you've posted it here in a public forum. 

• Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, winsor said:

@Atrecord 

You will need to Register your interest with LTA.  $40.

medical checkup when LTA approve your Taxi Licence $50

Taxi licence $220 (Can be claim up with skills future)

Taxi course book $40. 

http://smrt.taxi.org.sg

Thanks!

Any difference for PVDL huh? 

Taxi one like need to spend quite a bit leh... 😅

btw, these licenses (PVDL/TVDL) needs to renew every year one or not one huh?

@Atrecord This was what i found out.

Taxi  course 2 days, cover 3 parts

paper 1 service, health safety

paper 2 taxi  / private hire car rules

paper 3 ; route planning

PVDL course 1 days , cover 2 parts.

If take Taxi course, you could drive both taxi and pdvl.

if take pvdl you can only drive pdvl.  if next time you decide you want to take taxi. you have to retake the whole course again.  Cannot said exempt because you took paper 1 and 2 before.

second point. if you are thinking of driving grab.  with pdvl you go with grab. you will need to go for some grab in house course. that will come out to about $500-600, (skills future crediit claimable), but if you to join SMRT, the grab $$$ is been exempted.

to your second question,  TDVL/PDVL is renewable every six years.

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I got it in 1990s after attending night classes for 33 sessions.  Renewal required X-Ray. Later, as the age caught up, more thorough medical report was required. I felt it too troublesome and let it lapse. I also surrendered  my Class 4 license to the TP as I had to go and hire a class 4 vehicle for practical test again as required by age. I felt that I would not need it as I had not been used it for a living.

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I got it in 1990s after attending night classes for 33 sessions.  Renewal required X-Ray. Later, as the age caught up, more thorough medical report was required. I felt it too troublesome and let it lapse. I also surrendered  my Class 4 license to the TP as I had to go and hire a class 4 vehicle for practical test again as required by age. I felt that I would not need it as I had not been used it for a living.

Didnt know that Class 4 licence needs to go for ongoing practical test to renew it? Thought Class 4 is like Class 3 licence, after obtained liao is for life. Lol.

For TDVL, i believe confirmed need to go for medical test etc to renew the licence yearly. So if you are really not driving a taxi, no point going through the hassle of renewing it. But for PDVL, it is same as TDVL that you need to fulfill some requirement yearly to renew it?

10 hours ago, winsor said:

@Atrecord This was what i found out.

Taxi  course 2 days, cover 3 parts

paper 3 ; route planning

PVDL course 1 days , cover 2 parts.

If take Taxi course, you could drive both taxi and pdvl.

if take pvdl you can only drive pdvl.  if next time you decide you want to take taxi. you have to retake the whole course again.  Cannot said exempt because you took paper 1 and 2 before.

second point. if you are thinking of driving grab.  with pdvl you go with grab. you will need to go for some grab in house course. that will come out to about $500-600, (skills future crediit claimable), but if you to join SMRT, the grab $$$ is been exempted.

to your second question,  TDVL/PDVL is renewable every six years.

wow, thanks! Very useful information.

Actually am thinking of getting PDVL only to enjoy more discounts when pumping petrol. So is looking at cheapest way to get the license, plus also see whether it's worth it...

For renewal every 6 years, how much does it cost?

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Didnt know that Class 4 licence needs to go for ongoing practical test to renew it? Thought Class 4 is like Class 3 licence, after obtained liao is for life. Lol.

For TDVL, i believe confirmed need to go for medical test etc to renew the licence yearly. So if you are really not driving a taxi, no point going through the hassle of renewing it. But for PDVL, it is same as TDVL that you need to fulfill some requirement yearly to renew it?

For class 4, it is age sensitive. The test is only required after certain age.

For TDVL, after certain age, the medical check up is more thorough thus it costs more!

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

wow, thanks! Very useful information.

Actually am thinking of getting PDVL only to enjoy more discounts when pumping petrol. So is looking at cheapest way to get the license, plus also see whether it's worth it...

For renewal every 6 years, how much does it cost?

Renewal If i rem correct is $40.  not so much of the renewal fees but the medisave and medical checkup.

But do take note,  This is a vocational licence.  if you are an employee,  you will draw a salary. thus you will be contribute to CPF.  

if you don't have cpf, they will take as VL is your full time.  You are supposed to earn at a minimum of $9000 Per annum. thus you are required to contribute at least$540 to your medical save account per year.

Back in 2002, i got a vocational licence Bus driver, as i was a student back then i have no income. 3 years later, will it was time for my renewal ( last time renewal is 3 years),  2006 They still required me to contribute to medisave before i can renew my VL,  i decide not to renew, as did not drive a pte hire bus,   But even when i give up.. they still want me to contribute... end up they send me a final reminder in 2010. then i pay in 2010.😂

(edited)

For the MediSave part. I am a full time employee in a company every month got contributions.

Few years later, I still need to do cash top up to my MediSave to renew my TDVL?

Those who are thinking of taking TDVL. I can say it is easy..  Below is my journey

1) Sign up online in License portal. Submit a soft copy photo $40

2) Wait for a couple of weeks, LTA will mail you stating that your application is approved.

3) Take that letter go to SATA for medical check up $50

4) Sign up for TDVL Course online. $200+ but fully claimable from skillfuture credit. Available on weekends. I took the 2 days course during the weekends. (that place weekend got free parking)

5) Normally the following week after your course it will be the exam. No need to study much, I passed on my 1st attempt. Listen during the lessons, instructor give very clear tips

6) Once exam pass, you are a fully qualified taxi driver. They will issue you a temp license on the spot.

Edited by Goldenvodka
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2