Taiwanese Chiobu - All about Pots & Pans

steveluv

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Looks like this one to me so I got it.

:D

I think I got carote.

image.thumb.png.ff951964c04ddbf9cee26de5cac44441.png

My biggest problem is the back of the pan getting coated with a layer of  carbon and I can't get it off.

Tried vinegar, baking soda, sodium hydroxide, scrub, nothing comes off. Next I'm going to try citric acid, and oxalic acid.

If anyone knows any trick, please post here.

↡ Advertisement

19 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I begin to use carbon steel for a while, so far happy with it. At one point my helper had been using steel mesh to scrub it clean, I told her to leave the black color behind so that it is less sticky. The surface can be quite smooth  after the wok get seasoned,  with proper heat control, it is quite non stick but safe the Teflon.  It get heat up very fast too, just that it does not retain heat as much as my thicker stone wok.

If your use cold water to contract the oil carbon . It’s easy to take the crust out BUT be careful very careful of the splatter from the water n the loud sound..

easier if you use a spray to modulate the water and spot cold the part. N cold water is from fridge not tap water

13 hours ago, Kb27 said:

My biggest problem is the back of the pan getting coated with a layer of  carbon and I can't get it off.

Tried vinegar, baking soda, sodium hydroxide, scrub, nothing comes off. Next I'm going to try citric acid, and oxalic acid.

If anyone knows any trick, please post here.

my mom used to get a bar of soap from Sheng Siong…..i forgot the name of the soap bar....do wonders man that bar of soap!...really wash off everything, everything will come off......carbon, black residue...[laugh]….then is all kilat kilat!!

Turbocharged
58 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

my mom used to get a bar of soap from Sheng Siong…..i forgot the name of the soap bar....do wonders man that bar of soap!...really wash off everything, everything will come off......carbon, black residue...[laugh]….then is all kilat kilat!!

image.png.96011acdd3ddac977d6e6a0c83b04a49.png

This one? I heard can wash clothes too.

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

If your use cold water to contract the oil carbon . It’s easy to take the crust out BUT be careful very careful of the splatter from the water n the loud sound..

easier if you use a spray to modulate the water and spot cold the part. N cold water is from fridge not tap water

In fact no crust or hard sticking layer, just they the wok turned dark purple and my helper  tried to scurb it off to bare metal😅. Those are actually  the harden oil polymer that helps the non stick property. 

19 hours ago, Kopites said:

There used to has a tiko thread here somewhere. Am wondering where is that thread now. Locked?

see la bro.

we looking and pots and pans leh.

where u looking at 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2