N+ Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team eBike

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

The EQ Formula-E Team eBike is sleek and smart, is offered in three trims, and doesn’t look bulky with those external-mounted batteries.

N+ Bikes and Mercedes-Benz teamed up and came up with a new EQ Formula E Team eBike. Although battery-powered, it looks like a smart, classic road cycle without those humongous frames or external batteries that would give it a bulky look. The eBike is offered in three trims, and in its best avatar, can offer a range of up to 62 miles. The EQ Formula E Team eBike starts at $1,990 and tops out at $4,500.

image.thumb.png.6d250a303bb7031c32e73045336839a8.png

The EQ Formula E Team eBike Looks Sexy

the-n-mercedes-benz--2-2_800x0.webp

The EQ Formula E Team eBike is offered in three trims: City Racer, eBike, and Silver Arrows. Yeah, the mid-trim doesn’t have a name so we’ll just call it the “eBike”. The frames and the forks on all three models are made of aluminum. The base City Racer trim is finished in EQ Blue and Gloss Black shade, the mid eBike trim in Black, and the top-of-the-line Silver Arrows in Hand Polished Brushed Aluminum.

the-n-mercedes-benz--2_800x0.webp

All the models ride on 700c*35c stainless steel wheels wrapped in Kenda Puncture Resistance tires. N+ and Mercedes-Benz have noted that the base trim is optimized for riders between 150-185 cm tall, and the mid- and top-trims for riders between 165-200 cm tall.

How Much Power And Range Do These eBikes Offer?

the-n-mercedes-benz--7_800x0.webp

All three EQ Formula E Team eBike models come with a Gates CDX Carbon Belt Drive that can go maintenance-free for up to 30,000 kms (approximately 18,600 miles). The base City Racer features a 250W rear-drive motor that makes 33.2 pound-feet of torque. The other two trims also feature a 250W motor, but with a mid-drive setup. The eBike trim makes 48 pound-feet of torque, whereas the top Silver Arrows makes 55.3 pound-feet of torque.

the-n-mercedes-benz-_800x0.webp

The top speed is limited to 15.5 mph (25 kmph) in most countries, whereas in North America, it is limited to 19.9 mph (32 kmph). The braking duties are taken over by Tektro Hydraulic Disc brakes. The eBike also comes with Pedal Assist Technology that senses the torque and power input of the rider and matches it with the electric motor assistance.

N+ and Mercedes-Benz have equipped a Panasonic-sourced 36v/7ah Cell 252wh battery pack in here. The base and the mid trims feature a single battery setup, whereas the top trim comes with a dual battery setup. The base trim offers a range of up to 45 km (30 miles), the mid-trim up to 60 km (37 miles), and the top trim up to 100 km (62 miles).

the-n-mercedes-benz--6_800x0.webp

The eBikes come with a 36V/2A universal charger that helps the battery recuperate from 0 to 100-percent in 3.5 hours. You can either plug it in directly, or remove the battery via the quick release clamp on the seat and then charge it. As for the weight, the base and mid trims weigh just 18 kilos (39.7 pounds), whereas the top trim weighs 20 kilos (44.1 pounds) including the batteries.

How Much Does It Cost?

the-n-mercedes-benz--5_800x0.webp

The EQ Formula E Team eBike is priced as follows:

1. EQ Formula E Team eBike City Racer: $1,990
  2. EQ Formula E Team eBike: $3,200
  3. EQ Formula E Team eBike Silver Arrows: $4,500

All the eBikes come with a two-year comprehensive warranty.

Sources:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

LTA approved or not?
😂

Looks cool leh. hahaha. cannot see the battery also. Can pull off as a normal bike.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

LTA approved or not?
😂

Potential revenue on yearly inspection...🙊

With more push on green initiatives...more kar chia, fewer cars going forward. Auto workshops to convert into bicycle shops...timing belt, disc brakes, alignment...all needed to be swee swee to in order to pass inspection 😁

• Haha! 5

16 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Looks cool leh. hahaha. cannot see the battery also. Can pull off as a normal bike.

Ya hor.

It is likely cycle assist up to 25km/h.  Very stealth.

• Praise 3

13 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Potential revenue on yearly inspection...🙊

With more push on green initiatives...more kar chia, fewer cars going forward. Auto workshops to convert into bicycle shops...timing belt, disc brakes, alignment...all needed to be swee swee to in order to pass inspection 😁

No need service la.  The belt can last very long.

We don't have enough mountains in Sg.  Unlikely to wear out rotor.

• Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

E-bike will defeat the purpose of bicycle leh😁

The expensive one are cycle assist.

As you ride faster and faster, there will be lesser assist from the electric motor.

The cut-off point is 25km/h.

It is useful in places with lots of mountains.

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It’s not about the maintenance…😁

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Last month i just cycle from west coast to sentosa. I nearly die inside sentosa leh. I almost throw my bike at one degree 15. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

Last month i just cycle from west coast to sentosa. I nearly die inside sentosa leh. I almost throw my bike at one degree 15. 🤣

You unfit la.

This morning, I rode from home to 1 degree 15 and back.

It takes me about 80mins including traffic light stop.

• Haha! 4

45 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I only see ATB syts cycling so nice 😍😍😍

• Haha! 1

The 3 trims look quite different and distinctive.

City Racer eBike [S$2,740]

city-racer-ebike_957b876d-ed02-4a70-b9cc

Formula E Team eBike [S$4,410]

Black-ebike-white_066d7ed8-e453-47c6-bd2

Silver Arrows eBike [S$6,200]

silver-ebike-white_4d5157c0-aff8-4345-81

And just like buying a passenger car from Mercedes-Benz, there's accessories option for this eBike as well. 

eRlA54B.jpg

But all in, it is still cheaper than a Cat D COE, so I can finally pay full cash for a 3 point star with full option!! :yuush:

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

E-bike will defeat the purpose of bicycle leh😁

Good for older folks with weak legs. And maybe for commutes if you want to arrive in office without smelling like a pig. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
55 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

I only see ATB syts cycling so nice 😍😍😍

you sat morning 9am go east coast park. Alot for you to see. hahaha. remb to wear shades ah. don't so obvious. hahahahah

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3