AFF Suzuki Cup 2021

Adrianli

On 12/19/2021 at 8:09 AM, Rm2s said:

Felt like Singapore being "found out"!

We only rely on set-pieces and when that doesn't produce results, quite clear we can't pass, individual skill is a class lower and it really shows when playing team of much higher ranking. Match commentator said making it to the semi is already a good results for SG, I agree.

Can only hope for the best.

I think we must be realistic. whoever we engage to coach, it is still the players on the field playing. Right now and future with this team, frankly I don't see the technical skills, speed, or stamina the team has to bring to the next level. Maybe less than 3 players if we really set a min standard. He has introduced some nice football instead of the old english way of playing with long balls. 

FAS has to widen the search and look at basic instead of dreaming about international cups. Players must be able to stop a ball neatly, control, dribble and take on opponents. Just look at Thai and Vietnamese, you know we are of a totally different class. 

• Praise 1

I thought the Lions will have a better chance to qualify for the finals against Indonesia. If against Vietnam, I think chances of us progressing is even smaller. Singapore cannot play teams that are physical in nature. The Viets are not just physical but very fast as well. 

39 minutes ago, Daryllim1969 said:

I thought the Lions will have a better chance to qualify for the finals against Indonesia. If against Vietnam, I think chances of us progressing is even smaller. Singapore cannot play teams that are physical in nature. The Viets are not just physical but very fast as well. 

Did you see the stats of the match MY vs Indon? Indon has more fouls than MY.:D Indon will be a very physical side and they also have a very tall player who scored yesterday.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aff+suzuki+cup+2021&rlz=1C1AWUA_enSG810SG831&oq=AFF+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j35i39j46i131i433i512j0i131i433i512l4j0i131i433j0i131i433i512l2.3749j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11p5llhm7t;2;/m/037890;dt;fp;1;;

16 minutes ago, Rm2s said:

Happy that we get a 1-1 draw against Indo. If we can build on our second half performance, got chance!

Next game with home advantage. 👍😁

2 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

The ref is something wrong. Making all the wrong decisions. I think 2nd half, Hariss will drop to defence.

Yah the ref seems pro indo, song should get penalty earlier

↡ Advertisement