AFF Suzuki Cup 2021

Adrianli

11 minutes ago, Ronkovic said:

Laos turned to Singapore for its Head Coach for quite a few years now. 

The Head Coach is actually our SG legend V Sundramoorthy. V Selvaraj is the Asst Coach.

forever  remember sundramoorthy bicycle kick ,😁

↡ Advertisement

I think the teams are all very evenly matched.

Like the first game against myanmar, though on paper we won comfortably at 3-0. The 1st ten mins were all myanmar and we were at sixes and sevens.

And we gradually imposed our game due to set piece and that wonderful goal by Fandi's son.

I think the beauty of the suzuki cup is that really any team can beat the other team on a good day.  But of course vietnam and Thailand are generally 1/2 a level higher than the other teams.

Edited by Lala81

Should I bring my P1 boy to the match?

Spoken to my wife as she very much against the idea. Vulgarity and covid cited as main objection. 🤔

I am grooming my son and can see gradually he is falling in love with Salah. 😁

Still contemplating. 🤔

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

21 hours ago, Kopites said:

Spoken to my wife as she very much against the idea. Vulgarity and covid cited as main objection. 🤔

Still contemplating. 🤔

No worries   

Inform your wife that the stadium capacity of 60,000 sit only 8000 fan for this cup. So everyone is about 10m to 20m apart. :secret-laugh:

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Kopites said:

Still contemplating. 🤔

did u send him to soccer school on weekends😁

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

did u send him to soccer school on weekends😁

Yes, during his pre school day. The real Madrid soccer camp. Before covid. 😁

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 1

These Timor Leste kids are so fast and skillful. Some will probably end up apprentices in the Portuguese leagues and future suzuki cups will just be vietnam-timorleste 2 horse race.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:01 PM, Kopites said:

Still contemplating. 🤔

Don't miss it...whether he picks up vulgarity or virus is uncertain...father-son time together at the stadium hard to come by...it'll be your and his memory to keep...Go for goals...

I bought MC jerseys for my boy and  myself to watch Argentina vs Lions...but knn both Messi and KA (with MC at that time) didn't make the trip...he was a fan of KA...while I was hoping to see a legend up close...

he was disappointed with the no show of KA but memorable to me becos I paid the most expensive tiger ever...in a plastic cup some more 😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Since not allowed to bring son over to the stadium so we sat at home watch our first Singapore match on mewatch. 

My son after ten minutes commented how come the field look so big.  Players run so slow? 😂

Boring he said. Not like Salah, Mani type of game.🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Don't miss it...whether he picks up vulgarity or virus is uncertain...father-son time together at the stadium hard to come by...it'll be your and his memory to keep...Go for goals...

I bought MC jerseys for my boy and  myself to watch Argentina vs Lions...but knn both Messi and KA (with MC at that time) didn't make the trip...he was a fan of KA...while I was hoping to see a legend up close...

he was disappointed with the no show of KA but memorable to me becos I paid the most expensive tiger ever...in a plastic cup some more 😅

He can name pool first team players. Carry the family baton once I am gone. 🤣

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

He can name pool first team players. Carry the family baton once I am gone. 🤣

My boy could accurately recite names, clubs, attack/defend/ranking points of soccer cards he used to collect in the hundreds...nearly fail PSLE...😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Singapore’s failure to get more goals last night mean they hv to beat Thailand to go top of their group. A draw would mean the Thais will finish top by virtue of their better goal difference.

Vietnam likely to finish top of the other group n they have looked menacing. Strangely the s/f and final are 2 legged affairs but I don’t understand why this is so when all the games will be played in Singapore?

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Jialat leh. SG struggling against Timor Leste. Currently only 2-0.[shakehead]

Yeah quite poor. Only hope is players already knew we are through to semi before kick-off so perhaps preserving energy. Next game against Thailand will see how.

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Singapore’s failure to get more goals last night mean they hv to beat Thailand to go top of their group. A draw would mean the Thais will finish top by virtue of their better goal difference.

Vietnam likely to finish top of the other group n they have looked menacing. Strangely the s/f and final are 2 legged affairs but I don’t understand why this is so when all the games will be played in Singapore?

How to have 2 legs if all game in SG ?

given the pandemic , it dun make sense to make do away leg at all....

Should just do 1 game K.O 

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Rm2s said:

Yeah quite poor. Only hope is players already knew we are through to semi before kick-off so perhaps preserving energy. Next game against Thailand will see how.

Sekali they play hard to beat the Thais n the viets relac to finish as second…only to meet a tougher opponent in the semi with lesser fuel…😅

↡ Advertisement