Plenty of intelligence but used it in the wrong way

Windwaver

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/man-71-jailed-cheating-cpf-board-giving-him-income-over-10-years

Man, 71, jailed for cheating CPF Board into giving him income for over 10 years

For over a decade, the elderly man duped the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board into thinking that he and his wife were employees of a company earning $1,000 a month so they would get payouts and CPF contributions.

This led CPF Board to disburse more than $86,000 to Tan Kah Poh, 71, his wife, Toh Poh Choo, 70, and the defunct company he was the sole director of.

nf-cpf-280122.jpg?itok=bucTVxiN

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

CPF only found out more than 10 years later that this man is cheating :XD:

All the people in CPF is sleeping on job? Or during auditing on CPF, auditors also sleeping on job? 

35 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Strange isnt it? How did he get caught?

He could go undetected for 10 years and then only now get caught.

Yeah, I'm also interested in knowing how he get caught.

7 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Yeah, I'm also interested in knowing how he get caught.

chinese saying … no matter how careful you are 

上 得 山 多 终 遇  

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

All the people in CPF is sleeping on job? Or during auditing on CPF, auditors also sleeping on job? 

While we cannot expect auditors to be able to uncover most things during that short audit period, I find auditing 'a joke' for various reasons. I am sure many can share the same experiences. 

First you get people totally not familiar with the work flow and understanding to do the audit. All I need to do is to bring them 'walk the garden' during the audit period, nothing found.

Auditors are fixated to write or find something. To hand up their assignment, they write all the 'peanuts and beans' items. So how effective is the audit? Now it ends up with more paperwork and reduce productivities. 

When they saw something big but not the area they have scheduled to audit, they will choose not to ' confront' the elephant they couldn't handle. We call 'pick the bones in the egg' situation.

• Praise 2