Properties info

lukeber

58 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

what are bay windows for anyway? put plants?

No, it’s basically a slab of concrete that others had mentioned. Not very useful and some owners have built desks over it to maximise space…. 

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Mine development includes aircon ledges. My condo unit is 915sqft has the exact same layout with lower floor unit 947 sqft but without aircon ledges because the aircon units are at the roof.

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, Soya said:

Lol....TS just discovered what every condo buyer has known since the mid-2000s

Some newer condo balconies are as big as the living room

Bedrooms so small that have to stack part of the bed on the ledge & master room onli can fit Queen bed

A/C ledges so big that one would think every room has 5 aircons.....

Usable space is ard 20-30% less than older condo. A 3 bedroom unit used to be around 1200sq ft. Now 800sq.ft oso can simi sai call 3 bedroom unit

Blocks so close coz no mandatory minimum bldg to bldg spacing (have seen one unit the bedroom and neighbours bedroom is like less than 5m apart looking at each other)

Moral of story? Buy older condos

There are bigger floor area brand new condos out there but HDB upgraders can only afford the Mickey Mouse units 😂 

49 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

There are bigger floor area brand new condos out there but HDB upgraders can only afford the Mickey Mouse units 😂 

ST interviewed someone who 'upgraded' from a 4 room HDB to a 500sq.ft LH condo in the heartlands and the person has a family w kids

Facepalm moment....

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Just watched PLB video 2-3 days ago.

It's a 4 year old LH99 condo in my old neighborhood. 1087 sqf. 4 bedder.
The single bed across the width of the room means u have about <20cm of clearance to walk through. most likely u have to shuffle across the bed to get to the other side of the bed.
Well at least it doesnt have balcony...

Doesnt matter how efficient the layout is. Still feels like Hong Kong. lol.

OMG 1087 sq.ft = 4 bedder?

*Cough*cough*......opps, i better do ART test

• Haha! 3

13 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Convert to sitting area or cozy corner.. a waste of space, not every room needs 1..

4 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Mine development includes aircon ledges. My condo unit is 915sqft has the exact same layout with lower floor unit 947 sqft but without aircon ledges because the aircon units are at the roof.

The "aircon units" are the system compressors right? If they are installed at the roof, can still pipe into the house aircon blower units?

1 hour ago, Soya said:

OMG 1087 sq.ft = 4 bedder?

*Cough*cough*......opps, i better do ART test

100 Sqm for a 4 bedder, bedroom must be very tiny? Lol. Or 4 bedder means the 4th bedroom is maid room? 

• Haha! 2

@Soya 

That is the wrog "face value" of Singapore.

We always called moving from HDB to Private property as "upgrade".

In other countries, they only considered "better location with same size" or "much bigger size" as upgrade. All others are considered downgrades, which I agree. 2 things to upgrade: conveniences and comfort. 

Facilities are always much lower secondary.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

@Soya 

In other countries, they only considered "better location with same size" or "much bigger size" as upgrade. All others are considered downgrades, which I agree. 2 things to upgrade: conveniences and comfort. 

Apparently in the article, these ppl were convinced by powderful negotiators that CPF gonna lock up their $$ at 55 so better quickly park it in private property......

29 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Convert to sitting area or cozy corner.. a waste of space, not every room needs 1..

Thomson 800 is the worse offending project that I've come across for this. Really f**ked up and owners are still asking for the moon there lol..

Who is the dev?

30 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

@Soya 

This is a very good way to look at things, and we should stop the "upgrade or downgrade" mindset. Buying beyond one's means is just a struggle

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Thomson 800 is the worse offending project that I've come across for this. Really f**ked up and owners are still asking for the moon there lol..

Who is the dev?

I wonder if can hack away the bay window area..

30 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Who is the dev?

https://www.ped.com.sg/ part of CK Asset Holdings Limited.

Same with Costa Del Sol which was developed by Japura (alos part of CK asset) which my wife visited recently and had to get wet when moving from building to building. cock up design.

HongKee company so hongkee style lor.

Edited by Mkl22

42 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Who is the dev?

Hahaha I viewed it. Yeah buay sai... And it was built in 1997. So at that point the developers not so greedy yet. 

2 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Who is the dev?

This condo which is very close to the medical centre at Mt Alvernia de?

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

100 Sqm for a 4 bedder, bedroom must be very tiny? Lol. Or 4 bedder means the 4th bedroom is maid room? 

There is 1 condo in RCR….. 700sq ft 3 BR and new hor hor…. 😖😖😖 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1