[ranting] drive until no fuel and stall

Gnahp

8 hours ago, andrewyewkc said:

Your situation now is the best, JB open can go and pump full tank. If found out, just blame the previous owner. 😊

I don't think ICA will accept that excuse. 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 4/2/2022 at 3:46 PM, Alg said:

I have to make a trip to the station whenever the needle fall below the 1/2 mark.

Because i don't dare to pump full tank when near empty. The amount to painful to watch.

blonde-jokes-back-a-blonde-went-to-buy-a

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

On 4/2/2022 at 3:17 PM, Kb27 said:

I had a couple of cases, where car owners told me to change battery bcuz the car wouldn't start.

I had to check the fuel level first. It was totally empty and I told them so.

Huh ? need petrol to start engine ?

Of cuz, how do you think the car can start and move.. To help them, I had to drive to the petrol station, bring a can of petrol back, with a funnel, and start their engine.

Does it really work?  Sorry, i noob but if the tank is totally empty, will topping up fix everything?

I was under the impression that if the tank is totally empty, some kind of damage will occur in the engine so merely topping up won't fix the damage.  The car will run but some valve or something is damaged.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:07 PM, 13177 said:

Never see such a jialat car rental company le, can rent car to customer with a lighted fuel level warning? Usually the car is on full tank to customer lo.

I was in Myanmar years ago.  I took a cab.  All the warning lights were on throughout the journey but the driver was still driving nonchalantly. 

The car was old. In fact, so old that the car seats have no cushion (sit on metal) plus the door had to be kept shut with raffia string and the gear shift looked like an old tree branch.  But the car still ran.

• Haha! 5

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Does it really work?  Sorry, i noob but if the tank is totally empty, will topping up fix everything?

I was under the impression that if the tank is totally empty, some kind of damage will occur in the engine so merely topping up won't fix the damage.  The car will run but some valve or something is damaged.

Just fill up the empty tank, crank a few times, and the engine will start. Nothing will be broken.

If you think some valve will be damaged, you're probably thinking about a timing belt being broken. Not the case with empty tank.

• Praise 5

On 4/7/2022 at 9:57 PM, Karoon said:

Lol... Happened to me too. At first i was thankful to previous owner, let me pump MY petrol full tank every time, until one day the car stalled at PIE as the tank was bone dry. 

Could be worse. Imagine you stall at the checkpoint.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Could be worse. Imagine you stall at the checkpoint.

Lol... U're right. Definitely have to call tow truck and tell the driver engine problem. 

↡ Advertisement