Driving Msian car

Bluepica

Hi guys,

Is it technically legal to drive a Msian registered car in MY other than a rented car with our Spore license? Any consequences on the car insurance coverage or with the authorities there (if kena road block)?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

Hi guys,

Is it technically legal to drive a Msian registered car in MY other than a rented car with our Spore license? Any consequences on the car insurance coverage or with the authorities there (if kena road block)?

Should be not a problem. Just like letting a foreigner friend drive your car here. As long there is a valid license, your insurance will also cover. 

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

Hi guys,

I have been stopped a number of times in MY driving MY pickup truck.

No issue except our license has no expiry date.

Need to explain to police only.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Oh ya, this one I kena before even driving my own car there, keep asking why my lesen got no expiry date

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Did you explain with flowery bahasa language like the flower on their note? 

OIP.jpg

• Haha! 8

24 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Did you explain with flowery bahasa language like the flower on their note? 

OIP.jpg

I don't speak that language.

It is normal to be stopped by police if you are driving a pickup truck.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Bluepica said:

Hi guys,

If not rental car, more for the pte owner of the msian car to worry abt it

If sg lesen was an issue to drive in bolehland, causeway & 2nd link would have been ghost towns decades ago....

(edited)
3 hours ago, Bluepica said:

Hi guys,

Can drive MY cars in MY with SG License but not MY car in Singapore. 

To play safe, apply an International License (about $25 for 1 year) and can drive in many countries. Application only takes 30 minutes at Automobile Association, AMK Central, opposite AMK HUB, former AMK Bowling Centre cum Macdonald's (now converted to coffee shop) at level 2

If not hard time talking & explaining to the Malaysian TP who their minds is kosong but "kopi lui". They can blah blah blah that is this MY and should follow their rules. 

Worst still if you cannot speak & understand malays and they pretend not to understand English. Thereafter, you will be brought to a police station and time wasting there. So you want to waste time (minimum 3 hrs) or just give under-table money. [sly]

Apply International License and chop chop, you on your way without any fear ... [drivingcar]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

the IDP is merely a translation of your home license to foreign languages. It's not technically a driving licence. 

crooked cops who are looking for kopi money won't recognize it if they play punk and refuse to recognize your legally accepted SG licence. 

i've been stopped in Msia by an opportunistic polis and he said my SG licence not recognized in Msia, and that i need a Msian licence. I laughed and told him to go make money at the customs exit. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

3 hours ago, Bluepica said:

Hi guys,

Yes, you can drive MY registered car in MY with SG license. 

(edited)
26 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

the IDP is merely a translation of your home license to foreign languages. It's not technically a driving licence. 

crooked cops who are looking for kopi money won't recognize it if they play punk and refuse to recognize your legally accepted SG licence. 

i've been stopped in Msia by an opportunistic polis and he said my SG licence not recognized in Msia, and that i need a Msian licence. I laughed and told him to go make money at the customs exit. 

You very lucky that they never bring you to a police station (usually in a remote village small police stn & not the main station) and keep you there for hours. ( In the 90's, I experienced that myself but released within an hour due to some connection with their higher bosses [lipsrsealed] ) 

After few hours, they release you and says they checked and make a mistake but you already spend few hours in the station.

LL have to accept it and leave quietly. Make noises, you can be detained up to 7 days.... :lll._.:

That's the different with SG & MY police.

Non-criminal offence in SG can detain up to 24 hrs and "release not amounting to acquittal". Criminal offence is up to 48 hrs and release on bail or charge court.

In MY, up to 7 days and for criminal offences - can't smell release dates. Their court cases can drag for several years.... :slow:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

You very lucky that they never bring you to a police station (usually in a remote village small police stn & not the main station) and keep you there for hours. ( In the 90's, I experienced that myself but released within an hour due to some connection with their higher bosses [lipsrsealed] ) 

After few hours, they release you and says they checked and make a mistake but you already spend few hours in the station.

LL have to accept it and leave quietly. Make noises, you can be detained up to 7 days.... :lll._.:

That's the different with SG & MY police.

Non-criminal offence in SG can detain up to 24 hrs and "release not amounting to acquittal". Criminal offence is up to 48 hrs and release on bail or charge court.

In MY, up to 7 days and for criminal offences - can't smell release dates. Their court cases can drag for several years.... :slow:

i've spent many years in countries where the polis are as bad (if not worse) as Msia. No worries. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

@Shibadog U were just trying to befuddle them, right?   Not all of them can read nor understand English.  😆

chit chat with him for a few minutes until an easier target appeared behind me. Then he waved me on.

same for the polis road block that wanted to saman me for illegal mods 🤣

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
41 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

Lol....I once kena opportunistic abang polis who say my sg lesen no expiry date so not valid n have to 'saman' 

Told him he can call Sg High Comm to verify if Sg lesen got expiry date or not 

After that diam diam

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Shibadog said:

i've spent many years in countries where the polis are as bad (if not worse) as Msia. No worries. 

Only one I came across that is worst than MY is Indonesia .... :lll._.:

MY ones ask you one side and slow talk. Indon ones, like pirates, hiong hiong lai one... :ignoring:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1