Sky gardens need policing

Blueray

All the problems that occured at the sky parks are also prevalent at all ground parks in HDB estate. 

This just an attempt by those staying at these HDB estates blessed with sky parks to pressurise the govt / MP to make them more for their own private use. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

HDB residents call for more to be done about littering, cleanliness at public sky gardens

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/dawson-sky-garden-entry-visitors-skyville-littering-food-cleanliness-3063256

Littering is everywhere.

Need to introduce rotan.

For those not doing their job.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Cwong2910 said:

All the problems that occured at the sky parks are also prevalent at all ground parks in HDB estate. 

This just an attempt by those staying at these HDB estates blessed with sky parks to pressurise the govt / MP to make them more for their own private use. 

Stay HDB but want condo exclusivity - cheapskates

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Blocks with Roof Garden,each Unit of the Block pay $100.00 to Area Office per Month to use it,the Lift then need a Access Card to go up,Members of Public cannot go up without Resident bring them....I know the Roof Garden of a Multi Story Carpark in Marine Parade,the one next to the Polyclinic,the Lift cannot go that level.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

need to put cameras there lah...fine $500 or $1000 for littering or smoking. [laugh]

Put cameras might not completely resolve the problem also. You see some roads put camera also can see people stop or park. Lol.

3 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Blocks with Roof Garden,each Unit of the Block pay $100.00 to Area Office per Month to use it,the Lift then need a Access Card to go up,Members of Public cannot go up without Resident bring them....I know the Roof Garden of a Multi Story Carpark in Marine Parade,the one next to the Polyclinic,the Lift cannot go that level.

Like that might as well install gate at lobby? 😅

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, 13177 said:

Put cameras might not completely resolve the problem also. You see some roads put camera also can see people stop or park. Lol.

Well, you never know if they get fined or not.

For me, I did. I wasn't parking there, I was just waiting to pickup passengers. There were late and/or waited at the wrong place. I was silly enough to wait for them. Now, I don't, I just cancel.

Kena fined for "parking" at 3 MRTs, Yishun, Boon Lay and Marymount. No joke, don't try, even 5 min waiting is considered parking.

They have a pool of people watching the cameras and issuing summons.

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

For me, I did. I wasn't parking there, I was just waiting to pickup passengers. There were late and/or waited at the wrong place. I was silly enough to wait for them. Now, I don't, I just cancel.

Kena fined for "parking" at 3 MRTs, Yishun, Boon Lay and Marymount. No joke, don't try, even 5 min waiting is considered parking.

If pickup at MRT usually I call the passenger first and ensure they are waiting there before driving over. The camera very active these days.

• Praise 3

Once again is people problem again. It is just a matter of self discipline. It is not that our environment is lacking of litter bins availability. Is just the laziness of the people and their mindset or culture if they are from foreign countries.

• Praise 1

Littering is everywhere. Not only sky gardens but car parks, car wash bay, roadside, void decks, etc.

I think it has become worse after COVID 19 where some people are so used to dabao food & drinks, eat outside and anyhow throw after eating & drinking.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Good to know those cameras are not for 'show' and behind the scene, they did really issue fine to those cars who stop/park there. But i still quite irritate by those drivers who always stop/park at roads even there are cameras. So selfish and inconsiderate.

4 hours ago, Sosaria said:

If pickup at MRT usually I call the passenger first and ensure they are waiting there before driving over. The camera very active these days.

Nowadays at MRT station sure have camera, i completely do not drop or pick up people at MRT, dont know if i will get fine or not, if there is no designated drop off and pick up point there.

↡ Advertisement