AriesGoat 5th Gear August 5 Share August 5 Honestly, as an individual thought, I test drove the MGs EVs and felt they drive very similar to Continental makes. Drive, handling and built is solid, suspension is stiff yet comfortable, instead of the usual soft pillowy rides found on other Chinese makes. Even the smell and material used feels similar to the German makes I’ve been used to and they are very spacious and value for money indeed. ↡ Advertisement 4 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lala81 Hypersonic August 5 Share August 5 On 8/5/2026 at 4:41 PM, AriesGoat said: Honestly, as an individual thought, I test drove the MGs EVs and felt they drive very similar to Continental makes. Drive, handling and built is solid, suspension is stiff yet comfortable, instead of the usual soft pillowy rides found on other Chinese makes. Even the smell and material used feels similar to the German makes I’ve been used to and they are very spacious and value for money indeed. wah rare shiny pokemon appearance. U still in the car sales line? 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic August 5 Share August 5 On 8/5/2026 at 4:41 PM, AriesGoat said: Honestly, as an individual thought, I test drove the MGs EVs and felt they drive very similar to Continental makes. Drive, handling and built is solid, suspension is stiff yet comfortable, instead of the usual soft pillowy rides found on other Chinese makes. Even the smell and material used feels similar to the German makes I’ve been used to and they are very spacious and value for money indeed. You mean which MG EV model you referring to? If refer to MGS5, this car is target in Euro market, maybe this is why the car drive similar to conti car? Cause don't think this EV is popular in China market. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AriesGoat 5th Gear August 5 Share August 5 On 8/5/2026 at 8:55 PM, 13177 said: You mean which MG EV model you referring to? If refer to MGS5, this car is target in Euro market, maybe this is why the car drive similar to conti car? Cause don't think this EV is popular in China market. Yeah the MGS5 and MGS6. Actually the MG4 Urban is quite good too got a fwd. On 8/5/2026 at 6:16 PM, Lala81 said: wah rare shiny pokemon appearance. U still in the car sales line? Hahaha how are you. Yeah still surviving. 😂 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic August 5 Share August 5 On 8/6/2026 at 2:42 AM, AriesGoat said: Yeah the MGS5 and MGS6. Actually the MG4 Urban is quite good too got a fwd. Hahaha how are you. Yeah still surviving. 😂 Ya, the MGS6 is even a better improvement version compared to MGS5. Even though the MGS5 consider not bad liao. But MG EV still not a popular choice among buyers, i don’t know why. Maybe due to last time before MG becomes a China brand, it is a British junk, quality no good so people mindset still avoids this brand, even now it is 100% China made car. I agreed that if compared MG EV with other EV model, indeed the driving and handling of the car is good. Doesn’t feel like a typical EV. Lol. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Freeder Hypersonic August 6 Share August 6 On 8/6/2026 at 2:42 AM, AriesGoat said: Yeah the MGS5 and MGS6. Actually the MG4 Urban is quite good too got a fwd. Hahaha how are you. Yeah still surviving. 😂 Now u selling what car? Mebbe our stars can align… Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AriesGoat 5th Gear August 6 Share August 6 On 8/6/2026 at 6:02 AM, 13177 said: Ya, the MGS6 is even a better improvement version compared to MGS5. Even though the MGS5 consider not bad liao. But MG EV still not a popular choice among buyers, i don’t know why. Maybe due to last time before MG becomes a China brand, it is a British junk, quality no good so people mindset still avoids this brand, even now it is 100% China made car. I agreed that if compared MG EV with other EV model, indeed the driving and handling of the car is good. Doesn’t feel like a typical EV. Lol. Yeah, maybe because didn’t shout as much as others make, and probably need time for more exposure. Honestly, after trying so many brands I am really impressed at the drive and handling for the space and value it offers. On 8/6/2026 at 9:45 AM, Freeder said: Now u selling what car? Mebbe our stars can align… I’m actually in MG/ IM now. 😆 3 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tkseah Turbocharged August 6 Share August 6 (edited) On 8/6/2026 at 11:33 AM, AriesGoat said: Yeah, maybe because didn’t shout as much as others make, and probably need time for more exposure. Honestly, after trying so many brands I am really impressed at the drive and handling for the space and value it offers. I’m actually in MG/ IM now. 😆 U kelong ah.. recommend the brand u selling... Buy from u got additional discount? Edited August 6 by Tkseah 1 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AriesGoat 5th Gear August 6 Share August 6 On 8/6/2026 at 11:57 AM, Tkseah said: U kelong ah.. recommend the brand u selling... Buy from u got additional discount? Bo la.. I’m really impressed that’s why I said my thoughts as an individual after test driving.. 🤣 Buy from any of my colleagues also same, buy from me will get my personal service and I’ll do my best. If you like my face, can always buy from me. Hahaha. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Freeder Hypersonic August 6 Share August 6 (edited) On 8/6/2026 at 11:57 AM, Tkseah said: U kelong ah.. recommend the brand u selling... Buy from u got additional discount? At least he’s upfront abt it…. But final nett price still impotent..😅 Edited August 6 by Freeder 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tkseah Turbocharged August 6 Share August 6 On 8/6/2026 at 12:15 PM, AriesGoat said: Bo la.. I’m really impressed that’s why I said my thoughts as an individual after test driving.. 🤣 Buy from any of my colleagues also same, buy from me will get my personal service and I’ll do my best. If you like my face, can always buy from me. Hahaha. I did test drive mgs5 and mg4 urban few months back and quite like them, and have shortlisted mgs5 as one that can buy when it is time to buy.. but think your colleague gave up on me liao.. 😆 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic August 6 Share August 6 (edited) On 8/6/2026 at 12:15 PM, AriesGoat said: Bo la.. I’m really impressed that’s why I said my thoughts as an individual after test driving.. 🤣 Buy from any of my colleagues also same, buy from me will get my personal service and I’ll do my best. If you like my face, can always buy from me. Hahaha. Sure impressed or really kelong since you selling this brand?! 😂 Anyway, if you go to any AD, the SE there sure tell you their cars are better than others. Which SE tell you the cars they are selling not as good as others, and ask you to go buy from other AD. Edited August 6 by 13177 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Freeder Hypersonic August 6 Share August 6 On 8/6/2026 at 1:42 PM, Tkseah said: I did test drive mgs5 and mg4 urban few months back and quite like them, and have shortlisted mgs5 as one that can buy when it is time to buy.. but think your colleague gave up on me liao.. 😆 I think he also dun wan to serve you..Hard truth.. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AriesGoat 5th Gear August 6 Share August 6 On 8/6/2026 at 1:42 PM, Tkseah said: I did test drive mgs5 and mg4 urban few months back and quite like them, and have shortlisted mgs5 as one that can buy when it is time to buy.. but think your colleague gave up on me liao.. 😆 Maybe you want can pm me privately for your requirement and timeline. I help you keep look out. On 8/6/2026 at 2:34 PM, 13177 said: Sure impressed or really kelong since you selling this brand?! 😂 Anyway, if you go to any AD, the SE there sure tell you their cars are better than others. Which SE tell you the cars they are selling not as good as others, and ask you to go buy from other AD. Confirm is impressed, coming from former German brands, I just feel more should know amongst the Chinese brands, MG is the one if you enjoy good driving, handling and stiffer suspension, not soft suspension with unmatched damping. Definitely not here to hard sell or anything lol. On 8/6/2026 at 2:48 PM, Freeder said: I think he also dun wan to serve you..Hard truth.. No la, don’t say that. Long time no come here since Skoda days. lol 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
steveting99 3rd Gear August 7 Author Share August 7 @AriesGoat About a year ago, I got in touch with an Eurokars SE on the battery pack of the MGS5. Didn't get a satisfactory response so would like to follow up with you on it - since you're now working for Eurokars.😀 Does the SAIC/CATL developed battery pack comply with GB3031-2025? The standard was issued by China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MITI) which is the "Safety Requirements for Power Batteries of Electric Vehicles" and is now effective as of 1 July 2026. Can produce a copy of the test certificate from China Automotive Technology and Research Center (CATRC) to show compliance? Is there a battery curve of the SAIC/CATL battery used on the MGS5? I.e. Capacity reduction on the Y-axis and cycle number on the X-axis? An example of BYD's 1st generation LFP Blade battery is shown below. Thanks. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Freeder Hypersonic August 7 Share August 7 On 8/7/2026 at 9:43 AM, steveting99 said: @AriesGoat About a year ago, I got in touch with an Eurokars SE on the battery pack of the MGS5. Didn't get a satisfactory response so would like to follow up with you on it - since you're now working for Eurokars.😀 Does the SAIC/CATL developed battery pack comply with GB3031-2025? The standard was issued by China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MITI) which is the "Safety Requirements for Power Batteries of Electric Vehicles" and is now effective as of 1 July 2026. Can produce a copy of the test certificate from China Automotive Technology and Research Center (CATRC) to show compliance? Is there a battery curve of the SAIC/CATL battery used on the MGS5? I.e. Capacity reduction on the Y-axis and cycle number on the X-axis? An example of BYD's 1st generation LFP Blade battery is shown below. Thanks. This goat is from sales not technical dept.. Later if cannot hit target will become a sacrificial goat for the mgt.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AriesGoat 5th Gear August 7 Share August 7 On 8/7/2026 at 9:43 AM, steveting99 said: @AriesGoat About a year ago, I got in touch with an Eurokars SE on the battery pack of the MGS5. Didn't get a satisfactory response so would like to follow up with you on it - since you're now working for Eurokars.😀 Does the SAIC/CATL developed battery pack comply with GB3031-2025? The standard was issued by China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MITI) which is the "Safety Requirements for Power Batteries of Electric Vehicles" and is now effective as of 1 July 2026. Can produce a copy of the test certificate from China Automotive Technology and Research Center (CATRC) to show compliance? Is there a battery curve of the SAIC/CATL battery used on the MGS5? I.e. Capacity reduction on the Y-axis and cycle number on the X-axis? An example of BYD's 1st generation LFP Blade battery is shown below. Thanks. Wah boss sounds like exam question, I need to ask relevant department on this. Not speaking on behalf of the company, but my own check is that it is compliant with SAIC- CATL battery GB3031-2025. For the graph you’re asking for, I don’t think we have such information. Either way, if it’s compliant to be sold in Europe & SG, you can rest assure that it is safe and good. Sorry ah if I fall short in any way. On 8/7/2026 at 10:24 AM, Freeder said: This goat is from sales not technical dept.. Later if cannot hit target will become a sacrificial goat for the mgt.. Haha thanks for your concern bro. Don’t worry about me. Goat is very adapt at climbing mountains. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AriesGoat 5th Gear August 7 Share August 7 On 8/7/2026 at 10:53 AM, AriesGoat said: Wah boss sounds like exam question, I need to ask relevant department on this. Not speaking on behalf of the company, but my own check is that it is compliant with SAIC- CATL battery GB3031-2025. For the graph you’re asking for, I don’t think we have such information. Either way, if it’s compliant to be sold in Europe & SG, you can rest assure that it is safe and good. Sorry ah if I fall short in any way. Haha thanks for your concern bro. Don’t worry about me. Goat is very adapt at climbing mountains. Sorry, don’t think my information of GB3031-2025 may be correct. Apologies. In any ways, I can only say SG version follows EU standards. Have a good day! ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Omoda E5
Omoda E5
BYD Sealion 6 DM-i
BYD Sealion 6 DM-i
Deepal S05/E07/S07/S09/G318
Deepal S05/E07/S07/S09/G318
[Official] 2021 Skoda Enyaq
[Official] 2021 Skoda Enyaq
2026 Volvo EX60 BEV
2026 Volvo EX60 BEV
Leapmotor in Singapore
Leapmotor in Singapore
2020 Nissan Kicks e-POWER Compact Crossover
2020 Nissan Kicks e-POWER Compact Crossover