Panda Neutral Newbie April 13, 2005 Share April 13, 2005 What makes a fast car? Or what makes a fast driver? Fundamentally, every thing in the laws of physics are relative. In order to be fast, you have to be moving somewhere. In order to be fast, you have to be quicker than someone else. In order to be fast, someone has to affirm your speed with properly calibrated equipment. Take for example today, during the wee hours in the morning when I was trying to send my friend home quick. On Lornie Road towards Bradell, I met with a 40-ish looking gentlemen in a 325 sedan. The lights turned green and away he went. 325 IS quick! Within a minute he disappeared round the rolling crest leaving me in the centre lane alone. He was fast, no less than 130 kph. As verified by a young chap, sitting on the railings in the dark. That young chap had all the right equipment and motivation. Round another rolling crest, blinking lights and a party awaited to funnel the traffic to the right most lane. Well, I can't say I'm unhappy I wasn't invited. I was obviously too slow. Like I said, everything is relative. Someone has to be slower, if someone had to be faster. Mister Fast has obeyed all the 3 rules required for that exclusive invitation. Good luck, Mister Fast. Hope things will work out well for you. Once again, Panda got lucky with good animal instincts. Technically I broke the law at 83 on Lornie. But hey, its two in the morning with no cars around. Even I do feel its kinda wierd. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maded Neutral Newbie April 13, 2005 Share April 13, 2005 wah u lucky... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Oneofakind Neutral Newbie April 14, 2005 Share April 14, 2005 325 CI has 192 bhp with 245 NM of torque. Pretty lively performance. Does the 0-100 in slightly over 8 seconds. The 330 on the other hand has 231 bhp . I was once left wondering why a 3 series (not M3) could inch past me in the century sprint, till I checked it specs . About the same power but 330 has better power to weight ratio , not to mention handling. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Panda Neutral Newbie April 14, 2005 Author Share April 14, 2005 I try to stay outta trouble. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Panda Neutral Newbie April 14, 2005 Author Share April 14, 2005 But that 325 was really really really fast. Wow... super duper fast. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Schneider79 Clutched April 14, 2005 Share April 14, 2005 swap m3 engine. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Panda Neutral Newbie April 14, 2005 Author Share April 14, 2005 One's auto another's manual? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gadgeter 2nd Gear April 14, 2005 Share April 14, 2005 you lucky animal.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Panda Neutral Newbie April 14, 2005 Author Share April 14, 2005 Well Pandas do bring good luck. I notice the efforts have been stepped up at night. The TP are ramping up on nocturnal activities. I see less bridge shooters nowadays. Night shooters are more deadly cos its even harder to notice them. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gadgeter 2nd Gear April 14, 2005 Share April 14, 2005 Heng ah... my car can't go fast.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Oneofakind Neutral Newbie April 14, 2005 Share April 14, 2005 But that 325 was really really really fast. Wow... super duper fast. Fast is relative To say a Camry, it is indeed fast. To something with over 200 bhp it might not be so fast liao. It could also have been a tuned 325, those can be rather potent. But good for u, u did not race him Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Duckduck Turbocharged April 14, 2005 Share April 14, 2005 U forgot to add that they have Sports mode button for Autos.. hehe.. dam solidz.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Supra Neutral Newbie April 15, 2005 Share April 15, 2005 325i is machim like a Slivia.. With L4 engine pushing off to its limit. Normally, at this rate, the eninge should be an L6 already. Anyway, just to revealed something here. For those who know it, nvm. The next Slivia, which is S16, should be a 2.5 litre V6, FF car.. Alfa got to do something on it liao. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Duckduck Turbocharged April 15, 2005 Share April 15, 2005 L4 is inline 4 i presume. Anyway E36 BMW 320i is inline 6 cylinders, not L4. So ure abit off there. We are not talkin abt E46, which is the current model.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Littleblackalfa Neutral Newbie April 15, 2005 Share April 15, 2005 Take for example today, during the wee hours in the morning when I was trying to send my friend home quick. On Lornie Road towards Bradell, I met with a 40-ish looking gentlemen in a 325 sedan. The lights turned green and away he went. 325 IS quick! Within a minute he disappeared round the rolling crest leaving me in the centre lane alone. He was fast, no less than 130 kph. As verified by a young chap, sitting on the railings in the dark. That young chap had all the right equipment and motivation. Round another rolling crest, blinking lights and a party awaited to funnel the traffic to the right most lane. 130 on Lornie Rd? That's 18 points and a Court session. ouch... I should know, I kenna b4... same speed... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Supra Neutral Newbie April 15, 2005 Share April 15, 2005 Ohh... Ok.. So E36 is using L6.. If this car can fight Chaser ??? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Slowpoke156 Neutral Newbie April 15, 2005 Share April 15, 2005 I beg to differ, the E36 325 isn't fast. It struggles to stay ahead of an Alfa 156 Selespeed and round corners, the Alfa eats it for breakfast. Up and down the North South Highway and in Singapore, I have not seen anything smaller than a 328 beat me, period. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Panda Neutral Newbie April 16, 2005 Author Share April 16, 2005 Yup. Thing is, I don't think its really a 325. Maybe its got something else added or something else altogether. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
So you really think you are BIG...
So you really think you are BIG...
How much space do we really need to make babies?
How much space do we really need to make babies?
Chechnya bans dance music that is too fast or slow
Chechnya bans dance music that is too fast or slow
FT discrimination agst locals
FT discrimination agst locals
The Singapore divide accdg to this!
The Singapore divide accdg to this!
Is FN2 is really a failure?
Is FN2 is really a failure?
Dish washer really earn a decent pay!
Dish washer really earn a decent pay!
Speeding In Singapore [CNA Talking Point]
Speeding In Singapore [CNA Talking Point]