NZD/ AUD vs SGD

Do you think NZD and AUD will rise against SGD in the coming months? Thinking of putting them in foreign currency fixed deposit. With the interests, should earn just that if the currency moves against me, will take longer to earn.

↡ Advertisement

Do you think NZD and AUD will rise against SGD in the coming months? Thinking of putting them in foreign currency fixed deposit. With the interests, should earn just that if the currency moves against me, will take longer to earn.

I am bearish on Aussie. Mining exports falling leads to lower AUD demand. Interest rates being lowered leads to lower AUD demand. And then you have Federal politics being in a big mess and an election coming up sometime in the coming months.

Article to read here: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/her...0628-2p0um.html

Neutral Newbie

I am bearish on Aussie. Mining exports falling leads to lower AUD demand. Interest rates being lowered leads to lower AUD demand. And then you have Federal politics being in a big mess and an election coming up sometime in the coming months.

Article to read here: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/her...0628-2p0um.html

I second this view. The AUD is correcting to its long term rate against the USD, and so you will see that the SGD in effect will strengthen against the AUD.

Supersonic

AUD is poised to weaken further.

I have put some money in AUD in NZD. The plan is for the capital and interest to roll over monthly. If the exchange rate goes against me, I will just accummulate the interests. Long term I hope to earn when the market changes. If the exchange rates becomes favourable, I will cash out.

If long term low [:(] maybe i use it as opportunity to go for more holidays in australia and new zealand -_-

Hope it will not be like USD though. When it breached 1.5 SGD to 1 USD, i tot it cannot go lower but it stayed low all these years (lucky I never invested then)

Supersonic

dun worry abt being stuck wif it for too long - AUD is quite resilient. when the lehmen thingy hit in 2008, AUD drop to 1.01-1.03. accumulated and it went back to 1.28 within a year.

Turbocharged

If RBA says not rate increases its hard to make a bullish aussie case. Watch china if that they recover aussie will rise

Turbocharged

Didnt know AUD drop so much....the last trip i changed around 1.30. Better go and top up some for my next year trip.

Just to update status, i terminated my forex account. Earned over a thousand dollars.

congrats. your investment sum should be quite a big sum

QUOTE (Philipkee @ Oct 3 2013, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just to update status, i terminated my forex account. Earned over a thousand dollars.congrats. your investment sum should be quite a big sum

Yes. 40 k in NZD 5 k in AUD. lost about 100 dollars in Aud but gained more in nzd.

Just to update status, i terminated my forex account. Earned over a thousand dollars.

earned about 2-3% over 1 quarter on risky investment

on hindsight, was the gain worth the risk?

[sweatdrop]

earned about 2-3% over 1 quarter on risky investment

on hindsight, was the gain worth the risk?

[sweatdrop]

dabbled wif currency linked investment for a short while in AUD & GBP. strike horizons are quite short n gotta keep monitoring to get a sense of the movements to prepare for next call. was underwater for a while but eventually made some pocket money. find that the risk vs returns are not very attractive. or maybe i juz hv a lousy RM...... [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement