Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
106 replies to this topic | 158 praises

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

elmoguy
  • elmoguy
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Each TPMS sensor has a unique ID which they communicate with the "master".

They are planted internally or externally in each tyre to read pressure.

It can't smell whether it is oxygen or nitrogen or whatever gas. It can only read pressure.

In that case, it will be pointless for people to steal it?

Possible for them to can re-program the ID?

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:02 AM

Wormee
  • Premium member
    Wormee
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear seniors, anyone using Singtech or Steelmate DIY tpms and did not install the locknuts. I'm considering one of these 2 products. Does it compromise the reading or wear and tear? Can install the boot without the locknut right?

Reason I asking is that it would really be troublesome if u need to pump air at the petrol station and the need of using the small wrench removing the lock nuts.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee, 11 July 2016 - 11:06 AM.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

Changky
  • Premium member
    Changky
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Without the locknuts, be prepared to lose your tpms units by vandals

Lurpsexx praised this

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dear seniors, anyone using Singtech or Steelmate DIY tpms and did not install the locknuts. I'm considering one of these 2 products. Does it compromise the reading or wear and tear? Can install the boot without the locknut right?

Reason I asking is that it would really be troublesome if u need to pump air at the petrol station and the need of using the small wrench removing the lock nuts.

Cheers.

There's no need to remove the nuts entirely. Once you have loosen it continue to turn the nut clockwise(CCW is lock) to go to the bottom of the screw thread so that it doesn't obstruct the pump nozzle. After you are done just turn it ccw to get it back up and lock with the sensor.

You do not have to fill your tires ever so frequently if you have your own air pump. The trick is to pump up when in the morning whereby your tire is cool. If you have to drive to the kiosk your tire will warm up and so will the tire pressure. By the next morning you will find that your tire pressure has dropped below your desired pressure when it cools in the morning.

If you do as I mentioned you only have to pump once every 4-5 weeks or more depending on the weather. It drops very little like 0.1 bar. It's normal to see the tire pressure goes up as you drive becoz the tire and air get heated up. By the next morning you will see that the pressure cools and goes back to what you had started.

Edited by Watwheels, 11 July 2016 - 12:33 PM.

alphard96, Wormee and Volvobrick praised this
Night King

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:56 PM

Wormee
  • Premium member
    Wormee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

There's no need to remove the nuts entirely. Once you have loosen it continue to turn the nut clockwise(CCW is lock) to go to the bottom of the screw thread so that it doesn't obstruct the pump nozzle. After you are done just turn it ccw to get it back up and lock with the sensor.

You do not have to fill your tires ever so frequently if you have your own air pump. The trick is to pump up when in the morning whereby your tire is cool. If you have to drive to the kiosk your tire will warm up and so will the tire pressure. By the next morning you will find that your tire pressure has dropped below your desired pressure when it cools in the morning.

If you do as I mentioned you only have to pump once every 4-5 weeks or more depending on the weather. It drops very little like 0.1 bar. It's normal to see the tire pressure goes up as you drive becoz the tire and air get heated up. By the next morning you will see that the pressure cools and goes back to what you had started.

Thanks bro. By looking at the installation processes, I know how it locks. Just thinking if it is possible of not even putting in the nut. It is the trouble of the need to use the wrench if u need to unlock and remove the sensor for pumping. Aside that there is a risk of ppl stealing the sensors. 

Edited by Wormee, 11 July 2016 - 02:19 PM.

Chickenfarm praised this

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:04 PM

nebulae
  • nebulae
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks bro. By looking at the installation processes, I know how it locks. Just thinking if it is possible of not even putting in the nut. It is the trouble of the need to use the wrench if u need to unlock and remove the sensor for pumping. Aside that there is a risk of ppl stealing the sensors. 

Hi,

Actually I had been using without the lock nut for a long time. It is much more convenient. So far ok.

Wormee praised this

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:50 AM

Wormee
  • Premium member
    Wormee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Actually I had been using without the lock nut for a long time. It is much more convenient. So far ok.

Thanks bro.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users