Any good and reliable home aircon service to share

Joemit7850

Neutral Newbie

Seriously, i hope that HVAC manufacturers can design FCUs to be more modular. The compressor unit can be complicated and hard to dismantle for all i care but i want to be able to remove the air directional vanes and centrifugal blower with ease so as to get at the twin heat exchanger coils. Alot is left to be desired about the dirt trapping ability of the air filters currently designed for the FCU. They should be made HEPA compliant.

Understood that HEPA filters are of considerable thickness... the FCU may becomes twice its original depth if fitted with such filters, making it looks humongous.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I concur with the other post which mention www.astiquer.com

He charges more than most, but he do a damn hell of a good job. I call him everytime my air-con leaks but it's like once every 8 months now compare to the previous vendor who needs to come to my place every 2-3 months for the same water leak problem.

The last time he came to repair my leak, he wants $180. I gave him $200. I know I won't be seeing him that often once he repaired the water leakage so I think he deserves more.

Trust me, I have use almost every "big name" air-con service in town, and every of them dissapoints me except this guy.

The drain pipe must have been improperly laid. Should never leak. The leak is always due to a choke in the drain pipe.

Neutral Newbie

Normally they will use smaller PVC drain pipes to cut cost and will choke faster so consumer will call them faster for servicing.

Normally they will use smaller PVC drain pipes to cut cost and will choke faster so consumer will call them faster for servicing.

I use my wet/dry vacuum cleaner to suck e gunk out of my drainage pipi.

Now my ac got problem. I prob call that aquister guy n give him a try.

Neutral Newbie

Yah agree that the pipes could be improperly laid so cannot drain properly.

My previous aircon contractor was always charging me for gas top us and chemical wash and replacement of parts.

The final straw came when they ask me to chemical wash my 3 units just after servicing for less than 4 months. (I am not a heavy user of aircon and wash the filters myself frequently) and the reason they gave was coil is dirty... [bigcry]

Decided to seek a 2nd opinion and chanced upon Maxicool Services thru the hardwarezone forum and was rather impressed with the fella that answered the call.

My question to him was I want to chemical wash all 3 units and how much it cost.

His gave me the price of $120-150/Unit for chemical overhual include top up gas.

Was abit surpsied at the higher price and asked him why.

He explained that he dismantle the whole unit for washing and not just use a hanging tray (what my current aircon contractor does) and how it is different and what can I expect from the overhaul.

Then at the same time also asked me the reason why I wanted to chemical clean all 3 units as it is very seldom that customers want to do so many units. Am I facing any leaking issues or have my current contractor have pointed out some problems?

Afterwhich he suggested to me that I should consider to arrange for a general servicing @ $80 for 3 units instead and he can let me know if a chemical overhual is really necessary.

I was skeptical at first but still I decided to give him a try seeing that he is rather detailed and frank.

Day of the servicing, one fella by the name of Jason came and took a look at my aircons and told me that only 1 unit in my masterbedroom is dirtier.

The rest of the units are fine and no chemical wash is necessary. He said I can monitor from there and if need be the chemical wash can be delayed till later.

Was rather impressed with his servicing too as i saw him remove parts that my current contractor have never removed before for cleaning.

Best thing was I noticed that he was cleaning the outdoor unit as well.

I have sworn by Maxicool ever since and until now I never had to worry about being carroted.

The drain pipe must have been improperly laid. Should never leak. The leak is always due to a choke in the drain pipe.

Hypersonic

i use an organic based wash. Most of the washing agents are either alkalis or acids. no go for me.

where do u get one?

Hypersonic

standard drain pipe is 16mm.

Insist on using 22 or 23 gauge copper pipes for installation. 1/2 " indoors insulation as well

technicians must use the proper equipment for pipe bending (most common cause of micro fracture causing leakage)

Hypersonic

if condo, maybe preinstalled.

Hi

I used to call this guy called Jay. He took quite a few proceed in checking my aircon and gave some tip on maintaining aircon.

you can try him la if you want. His number is 97808720. Good luck.

in the US the HVAC system use larger diameters for their piping.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I have been using aircon republic and I would really recommend their servicing as they are honest. 

previously, I have been using my reno contractor and they have been overcharging us for the past 10 years. We do not blame them but each year their fees have shot up over and over. 

That is why I was recommended by friends to Aircon Republic. I am really pleased with their services and more importantly they give honest feedback. If you system is old just replace it, rather than repairing the aircon which will break down in 2 years time. Some more aircon is fairly cheap now in the market, if not just go for 2nd hand ones.

I will leave their website link below for your reference.

http://airconrepublic.com.sg/

Looks like this post is being "revived". lol. I feel that nothing much have changed for the past few years regarding air-conditioners as we still requires regular servicing and chemical washing.. There was once i tried to DIY with my husband but I feel that it was not worth the effort.. because i am damn lazy.. :P haha. So now, I relaxing at home and leave those chemical wash to my regular aircon servicing contractor, http://alvaircon.com.sg

Looks like this post is being "revived". lol. I feel that nothing much have changed for the past few years regarding air-conditioners as we still requires regular servicing and chemical washing.. There was once i tried to DIY with my husband but I feel that it was not worth the effort.. because i am damn lazy.. :P haha. So now, I relaxing at home and leave those chemical wash to my regular aircon servicing contractor, http://alvaircon.com.sg

Ownself advertise Ownself.

Hi,

I have been using aircon republic and I would really recommend their servicing as they are honest.

previously, I have been using my reno contractor and they have been overcharging us for the past 10 years. We do not blame them but each year their fees have shot up over and over.

That is why I was recommended by friends to Aircon Republic. I am really pleased with their services and more importantly they give honest feedback. If you system is old just replace it, rather than repairing the aircon which will break down in 2 years time. Some more aircon is fairly cheap now in the market, if not just go for 2nd hand ones.

I will leave their website link below for your reference.

http://airconrepublic.com.sg/

Ownself advertise Ownself

Hi

I used to call this guy called Jay. He took quite a few proceed in checking my aircon and gave some tip on maintaining aircon.

you can try him la if you want. His number is 97808720. Good luck.

Yah agree that the pipes could be improperly laid so cannot drain properly.

My previous aircon contractor was always charging me for gas top us and chemical wash and replacement of parts.

The final straw came when they ask me to chemical wash my 3 units just after servicing for less than 4 months. (I am not a heavy user of aircon and wash the filters myself frequently) and the reason they gave was coil is dirty... http://www.mycarforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/bigcry.gif

Decided to seek a 2nd opinion and chanced upon Maxicool Services thru the hardwarezone forum and was rather impressed with the fella that answered the call.

My question to him was I want to chemical wash all 3 units and how much it cost.

His gave me the price of $120-150/Unit for chemical overhual include top up gas.

Was abit surpsied at the higher price and asked him why.

He explained that he dismantle the whole unit for washing and not just use a hanging tray (what my current aircon contractor does) and how it is different and what can I expect from the overhaul.

Then at the same time also asked me the reason why I wanted to chemical clean all 3 units as it is very seldom that customers want to do so many units. Am I facing any leaking issues or have my current contractor have pointed out some problems?

Afterwhich he suggested to me that I should consider to arrange for a general servicing @ $80 for 3 units instead and he can let me know if a chemical overhual is really necessary.

I was skeptical at first but still I decided to give him a try seeing that he is rather detailed and frank.

Day of the servicing, one fella by the name of Jason came and took a look at my aircons and told me that only 1 unit in my masterbedroom is dirtier.

The rest of the units are fine and no chemical wash is necessary. He said I can monitor from there and if need be the chemical wash can be delayed till later.

Was rather impressed with his servicing too as i saw him remove parts that my current contractor have never removed before for cleaning.

Best thing was I noticed that he was cleaning the outdoor unit as well.

I have sworn by Maxicool ever since and until now I never had to worry about being carroted.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

HAHAHAHAHA Ivan, I am a genuine user of Aircon Republic.

I am advertising for them not advertising for my own company, though I do have one.

↡ Advertisement