McD Hello Kitty is back!!!

Adrianli

Same size as the last time one? [:/] But i find the black hello kitty very weird, cause how come hello kitty got black colour? :blink:

Did you ever see a black cat at the void deck.... -_-

So Hello Kitty also got black one lor... [:p]

Turbocharged

i can still remember back then my colleague snuck out from office to queue up for his gf. can you imagine if STOMP and Youtube are available back then? there definitely will be so much more reality drama!

I recall queuing around midnight at the macs at suntec, because a new pair of kitties were to be released at that time. Can't remember which ones - but definitely among those still in original plastic wrappers gathering dust in the display cabinet now... [laugh] I don't remember ever having to queue excessively, but maybe because I went off-peak times, etc. and wasn't chasing the whole collection. Only those that looked good.

Was just showing my daughter just now, the chronology of events related to the first release of the kitties at macs - how grown up men fought each other over a soft toy, and how cisco security officers had to be deployed... [laugh] She couldn't believe it!

last time MCD actually allowed customers to buy food vouchors in place of real meals so that they can donate the food to needy and they get the kitty.

Thankfully the last time I asked my wife if she likes stuff toys, and she replied "You think I still childish har?!"

Heng ah... No more Hello Kitty this time round! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged
(edited)

We, who are old enough to remember it (the first craze) [laugh]

Was it like more than 10 years ago??

I think it will be worse nowadays, the reaction of people collecting these items.

More than 10 years ago, when people were more courteous and polite, and less overcrowded than today - there were already fights over the kittys...

Fast-forward to today's more badly-behaved public... can we expect worse??

Already said....no queue at all for the Kitties. You can walk into McD and buy anytime.

The First Kitty toy was released on 1st Jan 2000 to celebrate the new millenium. It's 13 years ago. The first toy was the one with the space suit...Kitty with astronaut hat.

Perhaps I should use this opportunity to put the old collection at ebay. Those who crazy about these new Kitties would buy the old ones.

Edited by Icedbs

Supersonic

Did you ever see a black cat at the void deck.... -_-

So Hello Kitty also got black one lor... [:p]

Lol, to me the hello kitty seems like got poison, that's why become black colour! -_-

The new kitty is quite nice. It is abt 15 cm and comes in a box that looks like a storybook. Open the box flap and you can see kitty without ever having to remove her.

Anyhoo, I am glad there is no queue. Although there will be some overlap, collecting should be out of interest rather than profit. Moi already experienced a couple of times when my hobby kena ruined by vultures, piranhas and wolves because of hype. Imagine the boss(es) of toy shops going to "replenish stock" by buying from department stores as normal customers. <_<

Already said....no queue at all for the Kitties. You can walk into McD and buy anytime.

The First Kitty toy was released on 1st Jan 2000 to celebrate the new millenium. It's 13 years ago. The first toy was the one with the space suit...Kitty with astronaut hat.

Perhaps I should use this opportunity to put the old collection at ebay. Those who crazy about these new Kitties would buy the old ones.

The astro suit was still okay. Remember that time i was on the way home after the Y2K countdown the previous night and stopped by McD for brkfast. Not many ppl queue up for the kitties. But the astro suit sold out very fast thus started the craze. Remember my whole fam including my dog went out to queue overnight. It was quite fun as we q with relatives and friends... strength in numbers. [laugh]

Had the double peri something burger yesterday.... At one look already sianz liao.... So dark macam like over fried very dry. The peri-peri sauce also nowhere near nandos. Verdict? 3/10....

substitute with your what? [rolleyes]

Substitute with my suggestion. We had fish soup last night instead of McD. [:p]

Substitute with my suggestion. We had fish soup last night instead of McD. [:p]

oic bro. sorry initially when i read it, i perceive wrongly, think it is something naughty of you ... hahaha [laugh]

hv a nice weekend

Neutral Newbie

order via mcdelivery got special edition "witch" kitty.

Nice...I think I know what my lunch is going to be now... [idea]