All new Altis 2014

Deckbuild

The new altis elegance s3 comes with rim 215/45r17 as standard.

Compared to the previous 205/55r16,

I wonder is there a noticeable increase in bumpiness, tyre noise and fc?

I'm surprised nobody queried on this bigger issue.

Anyone has experience ? Hopefully not much is compromised though.

IMHO. Altis weakness is road holding. Maybe that is why it increase to 17". Bumpiness, most of the time is associated with the pressure u put in yr tyre. If u do it above the recommend spec, it will get bumpy and it will trigger yr car camera for event capturing. Tyre noise is actually quite subjective, I myself already find the 16" variant noise unbearable but some bro here is OK. Maybe bro here who has upgrade to 17" can provide more insight. Then again, most of them put in good tires and not stock. Many of my friends who upgrade their car to 1inch bigger always told me not much effect on FC. However, I chose to believe in logic that it will effect. I just don't know whether it make any difference in my FC based on my driving style.
↡ Advertisement

IMHO. Altis weakness is road holding. Maybe that is why it increase to 17". Bumpiness, most of the time is associated with the pressure u put in yr tyre. If u do it above the recommend spec, it will get bumpy and it will trigger yr car camera for event capturing. Tyre noise is actually quite subjective, I myself already find the 16" variant noise unbearable but some bro here is OK. Maybe bro here who has upgrade to 17" can provide more insight. Then again, most of them put in good tires and not stock. Many of my friends who upgrade their car to 1inch bigger always told me not much effect on FC. However, I chose to believe in logic that it will effect. I just don't know whether it make any difference in my FC based on my driving style.

Bigger tyre, higher replacement cost.

Bigger tyre, higher replacement cost.

Also maybe for high mileage, sooner replacement of shock absorbers. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, new here.. was looking at Altis over the weekend and was offered 113k net for guaranteed.. elegance model with 1 year servicing. Listed price indicated initially is 128k. Is the price reasonable or can I negotiate more? Thanks!

Hi all, new here.. was looking at Altis over the weekend and was offered 113k net for guaranteed.. elegance model with 1 year servicing. Listed price indicated initially is 128k. Is the price reasonable or can I negotiate more? Thanks!

I personally nvr trust BM listed price. If you assume that the price difference is due to big discount they are giving, then you will be disappointed. I only started looking for a car this year, so i can only comment that in 2016, the actual selling price is much lower than the listed price.

Again, early this year, BM is trying to clear 2015 stock and I believe you are getting the 2016 stock with 17" rim.

Normally, BM don't give any further discount. U can try asking. I only manage to shave off S$800 from their price thru S$600 colleague scheme (book 2 cars) & S$200 when I do not want the visor and car mat. 

Really not in the poistion to advise you whether it is reasonable.Without taking the value of COE into account, S$113K is somewhere in the middle of the lowest & highest price anyone pay for the elegance model.

I hope it help.

Neutral Newbie

I personally nvr trust BM listed price. If you assume that the price difference is due to big discount they are giving, then you will be disappointed. I only started looking for a car this year, so i can only comment that in 2016, the actual selling price is much lower than the listed price.

Again, early this year, BM is trying to clear 2015 stock and I believe you are getting the 2016 stock with 17" rim.

Normally, BM don't give any further discount. U can try asking. I only manage to shave off S$800 from their price thru S$600 colleague scheme (book 2 cars) & S$200 when I do not want the visor and car mat.

Really not in the poistion to advise you whether it is reasonable.Without taking the value of COE into account, S$113K is somewhere in the middle of the lowest & highest price anyone pay for the elegance model.

I hope it help.

Thanks bro..ya..the listed price is like 15k more..and I am surprised that 15k is given without almost no bargain from me yet. I am not sure if it is 2016 but it comes with 17 inch rim. Do you mind pm ing me ur net price u got?

Thanks bro..ya..the listed price is like 15k more..and I am surprised that 15k is given without almost no bargain from me yet. I am not sure if it is 2016 but it comes with 17 inch rim. Do you mind pm ing me ur net price u got?

Probably sales tactics. To create a false impression and encourage competitors to raise their price?  [cool]

Probably sales tactics. To create a false impression and encourage competitors to raise their price? [cool]

Also, if u look @ the passed sales price of Altis @ SGcarmart, it also nvr reflect the true transacted price.

As for Kia Forte 3, it is reflected closer to transacted price.

Hi Skypower, just to share, I booked my altis in early April with free upgtrade to elegance version at $101K.  The stock is 2015 with 16" rim only.  I got a further deduction of $200 becos I don't want their in-car camera which was at lower resolutions and I opted for a 2ch balckvue that I paid for myself at $600+.  what I understand that the new 2016 stock are not much difference from the 2015 stock except that it come with 17" rim and an improved Multi-Display unit.  Your price of $113 could be the increased in coe, etc.

(edited)

Hi Skypower, just to share, I booked my altis in early April with free upgtrade to elegance version at $101K.  The stock is 2015 with 16" rim only.  I got a further deduction of $200 becos I don't want their in-car camera which was at lower resolutions and I opted for a 2ch balckvue that I paid for myself at $600+.  what I understand that the new 2016 stock are not much difference from the 2015 stock except that it come with 17" rim and an improved Multi-Display unit.  Your price of $113 could be the increased in coe, etc.

Just to add, I was told if I wanna a 17" rim I need to come out $2K but I didn't opt for it.  I feel that bigger rim may have higher FC and costs of replacement of tyres next time.  After 1.5 months of driving, I find so far so good with 16" rim and the meter indicator show 12.8km/L now, soon will hit above 13km/L.

Edited by AltisOwner

Neutral Newbie

Thanks all for the reply..I understand that they have to cater in to the increase in COE so my main aim is to actually understand the fair price that I should be paying..will be making another trip now to Toyota at ubi this weekend! Any SE to recommend?

Thanks all for the reply..I understand that they have to cater in to the increase in COE so my main aim is to actually understand the fair price that I should be paying..will be making another trip now to Toyota at ubi this weekend! Any SE to recommend?

How bro? Signed on dotted line already?:)

Hey bro..signed but not Altis unfortunately.

Icic, mind sharing what car u got eventually and why? Hehe

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Icic, mind sharing what car u got eventually and why? Hehe

Got a mazda3 in the end..got offered a pretty decent price from SE. Definitely not a simple choice.. Edited by slypower50
  • Praise 1

Got a mazda3 in the end..got offer a pretty decent price from SE. Definitely not a simple choice..

Also a good choice. Enjoy ur ride and zoom zoom!
↡ Advertisement