Engine Mod To Save Fuel

Gilahonda

wat with the rising fuel prices, just wonderin wat are the best gadgets the bros here put in the car just to save fuel thus saving $$$$.pls dun say remove spare tyre hor..... [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

wat with the rising fuel prices, just wonderin wat are the best gadgets the bros here put in the car just to save fuel thus saving $$$$.pls dun say remove spare tyre hor.....

mod the DRIVER, not the CAR.

modding the car only means spending more $$$, which defeats ur purpose of saving $$.

fyi, rear crash safety of a car is done with a spare tyre factored in.

sometimes the problem lies SOMEWHERE between the driver's seat and the steering wheel [nod]

Edited by Erikkson

well i did some mod on myself the driver....like goin easy on the accelerator,finding the shortest way to my destination,dun use aircon if cool day and others.mod myself until silly.....now the car lah.so wat gadget u use on ur car to save fuel????

Add a brick under your pedal lor. Now you can be as heavy footed as you want. [thumbsup]

As for "modding", Bro. Erikkson is correct, you will be spending more rather than saving. And will the saving cover the amount you spent on the mod?

Anyway, i think this have been discussed quite a few time before and the BRICK is the usual reply, except that this time, it's suggest by me [:)]

true to a certain extent.....modding to save fuel cost $$$ but its money well spent.esp. in the long run.spent $$$ now, save $$$ lots latter.can't help it,but im tinking of buying some fuel saving device coz a full tank will only get me bout 350km and my engine bay is a virgin.help!

well i did some mod on myself the driver....like goin easy on the accelerator,finding the shortest way to my destination,dun use aircon if cool day and others.mod myself until silly.....now the car lah.so wat gadget u use on ur car to save fuel????

Car is totally stock, unless one considers sports rims (a set of 2nd hand Toyota rims) as a lightweight mod over steel rims. And like u, a pretty light right foot [laugh]

15.89km/litre on a Mitsubishi Lancer...believe? [sly]

other "save-money" mods...remove the rear seats, remove front bonnet, over-inflated tyres, empty the boot save for the spare tyre [laugh]

a lady Proton driver thanked me for solving her "slow pickup" woes...by emptying her boot of...u know...ladies stuffs.

Edited by Erikkson

thumbsup.giflight-footed is the best mod!

Move off gradually from start is the best... pressing down the accelector to make ur car pickup faster is gonna to burn more fuel to gain the pickup.smash.gif

drivingcar.gifEnjoy whatever ride u have... any mods will makes ur FC goes down.

so u drivin a toyota or mitsubishi???a lancer gettin more than 15km per litre???hmmm,tat 1 dun believe......if u remove ur seats and evrything else, we won't get to njoy the car now wud we?cheh [hur]

I think some of your removal technique might not go down very well with LTA leh. [:)]

P.S. Wah piangz, today too many post concerning LTA liao, must clarify, me not with LTA!

wat with the rising fuel prices, just wonderin wat are the best gadgets the bros here put in the car just to save fuel thus saving $$$$.pls dun say remove spare tyre hor.....

mod the DRIVER, not the CAR.

modding the car only means spending more $$$, which defeats ur purpose of saving $$.

fyi, rear crash safety of a car is done with a spare tyre factored in.

sometimes the problem lies SOMEWHERE between the driver's seat and the steering wheel [nod]

maybe those of you who are obese, can choose to mod by slimming down. Even slim down 20 kg would help a lot.

Best mod [sunny] .....sell your call...take public transport

Will cure you of all car related anxiety...

Where to find parking....

kenna for illegal parking

petrol prices...

scare kenna bang by ppl....

fine for speeding....

car kenna vandalised....

Road rage....

etc...

Or cut a hole and do like the Fintstones [whip]

Edited by Tanjm348

Let me tell u. there isnt much modifications tat one can do to improve ur fuel consumption. all those magic jet this this tat tat, might not really helpl much. dun floor ur gas pedle, keep below 2.5 rpm. learn to plan ur rides and there are many other ways of saving petrol. so far i think the only gadget that actually makes sense it to instiall a voltage stabilizer and grounding. but u wont get drastic difference. any VS will do.

But with public transport, you will face another set of problem!

no taxi..

how come bus still not here..

bus here liao but overloaded already..

ok, manage to get up the bus but air is too .. sigh.. do i really need to describe it!!

Raining and even with umbrella, you still get wet..

Carrying a lot of things, how? no taxi and bus stop is like miles away..

How to watch midnite? and if GF stay Bedok, you stay woodlands. How? Take cab from orchard to bedok then to woodlands? I think the charges would be enough for my 1 week petrol liao.

And you try taking public transport during peak hour, it took me less than 30mins to get home by car and more than 1hr 30mins to get home by public transport and I'm too tired to do anything after that. Work out how much you earn in an hour and maybe you will find that the 2 hours (to and back from work) you save is worth a lot.

Need I say more? [dizzy]

Flintstones? Singapore's road very hot leh, must have very thick sole when you brake.

Anyway, it's just my own inputs. No offences to your suggestions. Cheers [wave]

I think we have already told you, but in a more subtle way.

I.E. there's not much mod you can do to save fuel and even if there is, the cost of doing it will offset the saving in future. Moreover, you have to pay upfront for the mod but the cost of fuel can be spread out.

• Praise 1