Booming economy...Did anyone make a killing in the stock market this year? If yes, how much?

Booming economy...Did anyone make a killing in the stock market this year? If yes, how much?  

47 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 - 5000
    • 5001 - 10000
    • 10001 - 20000
    • 20001 - 50000
    • above 50000

Hi guys, just trying to do a poll since the economy is doing so well..though I am not a beneficiary of it... [shakehead]

Sunday Times reported ppl buying fast cars, luxury apts, designer furnitures like there's no tomorrow...

Is it due to the stock mkt? Pty mkt? or their profession? [hur]

↡ Advertisement

My dad has taught me never to meddle with the stock market... He did just that and landed himself in debt... So he's a living example for me...

Nobody trades in MCF? [:p]

Recently, i see more and more bentleys and Lambos around... is it just me or my eyes playing tricks on me?

Did he quit for good? I know of frens who kept going back again and again trying to recoup the losses...

I did that too but gave up in the end... its like a hopeless pursuit. [shakehead]

Did that happen in the recent meltdown or the Feb one? It seems that once u are caught in such a correction, all past gains can be easily wiped off. Like they say... Big Brothers (fund houses) always win the game.

Dont borther if ppl say they make so much from market. Why? When they make a little they announce to whole world but when lose they diam diam. I dont think u can make a Lambo trading stocks unless u have a creditline of a few million & even then U wud have lost a few hundred thousand if you bet the wrong way recently.

Some business ppl do make enuff to buy a Lambo to show off but the smart ones reinvest their money cos their know when u buy a 500k car 60% of the money goes to the garment, 20% to dealer & ur left with only 20%.

Yup, i agree with you. Then again, if one has so much excess cash, y not get something he/she likes to pamper him/herself? Afterall, money can never be brought to the nether world. [scholar]

buy lambor?how many thousands of lot u bought?not easy to make a million unless u play with 10 millions or so zhun to catch a stock that up so fast...but recently got few ...but miss the boat [:|] just play and earn a little can liao lor.

If excess cash why not grow your money instead of making rich donations or an alrdy rich garment? A car is a depreciating asset & doesnt give u income.

I guess it has got to do with passion bah... i know of someone..earning 3K+ owning a RX-8. He told me its money wasting but the passion keeps it going. [rolleyes]

i kenna last thur and fri one lor... sibeh sianz... but i cut losses liao lah. Now only holding some for long term. I use to contra only.

Recommedation is to take ur money & bet on red on the next roll @ Gentings. Easier to make money. Stock market always play on ur fear & greed emotions so you are a small fish in a big ocean of sharks being manipulated. If you do not know what u r doing best to keep out.

↡ Advertisement