Osram Nightbreaker Review

Sturtles

Hi guys,

Just bought a pair of H7 Osram Nightbreakers, debutted just october this year.

It claims 90% more light, 10% more white.

It comes with 2 blue bands around the bulb, and a grey tip

Tried out for the night, It is indeed visibly whiter than the stock phillips bulb, but is still yellow without comparison.

The light output is nothing fantastic, looks just like a new pair of bulbs, akin to another pair I've tried, the phillips vision plus.

On the whole, a pair of vision plus bulbs would do the same trick imo, but i'm not a bulb man, so my judgement may not be entirely correct.

post-5-1194629062_thumb.jpg

post-5-1194629063_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I have not used extreme power, but looking at the +90% and the +80%, i think +90% is as good as it gets for a halogen bulb, though still nowhere near a HID in dipped beam mode

Hi,

I got a pair of Philips X-tremePower to replace my 4 months old Philips Vision Plus and the difference is really significant! Shines much brighter and further than my set of Vision Plus. You may wish to give that a try instead....

[inline Philips_X-tremePower.jpg]

post-5-1197332849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spango

Agree that the extreme is a good bulb. Been using it for a few months now. But it's not 'pretty'...just practical and useful if you travel in dark places eg. NS highway. On s'pore/big cities road...no diff.

Just replaced my Diamond vision with Philip Extreme. Yes, the diamond vision look nicer but the problem is the brightness is bad especially during heavy downpour at night. The extreme is yellowish in colour but brightness is very good and it shine real far out [thumbsup] . I bought it $67.50 for the extreme.