Car reviews by SGCM

Discoburg

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Just seen the SG Car martNissan Serena,  Mini Cooper S clubman and the Mercedes G Wagon review videos in Youtube. Nice content and a bit funny also. Prefer the Jon guy over the short guy in the Nissan Serena video.

Thanks for the feedback! Please help to like and share our video and if you guys have any ideas or inputs for our video, please share with us!

I will feedback to the video team! 🙂

• Praise 2

I saw the Serena review too.

Can the reviewer be critical of the car, or (sure) must give face to the AD?

For the Serena, it's a pretty decent car and has been selling quite well, as it serves a segment that doesn't have many competitor - a full-size MPV that isn't v expensive.

But it's stripped down to the bare min specs, by the AD, likely to compete on price.

For a (relatively) new car at this age, it's still on foot brake and Tan Chong is not bringing in Electronic Parking Brake and autohold.

Should pressure TC a bit to mention such deficiency mah. Could offer a basic and (a bit more) premium model with some useful features.

😁

• Praise 3

Lol... short guy! I prefer the reviews from him though. Because his perspective on cars and what matters to him resonates with me.

SG car mart did a good job by putting in reviewers with different perspective of what different categories of buyers would look for when car hunting. It's gives perspective from both car enthusiasts and normal car buyers.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

Just watched the cayenne review video. Prefer the two reviewers to the others.

by the way I always thought a coupe is a 2 door vehicle.

Edited by Discoburg
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Atrecord said:

I saw the Serena review too.

Can the reviewer be critical of the car, or (sure) must give face to the AD?

For the Serena, it's a pretty decent car and has been selling quite well, as it serves a segment that doesn't have many competitor - a full-size MPV that isn't v expensive.

But it's stripped down to the bare min specs, by the AD, likely to compete on price.

For a (relatively) new car at this age, it's still on foot brake and Tan Chong is not bringing in Electronic Parking Brake and autohold.

Should pressure TC a bit to mention such deficiency mah. Could offer a basic and (a bit more) premium model with some useful features.

😁

SGCM, agree on this part. Please also share with us honestly the downside of each cars, since they are not paying u guys to do it right??

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Lol... short guy! I prefer the reviews from him though. Because his perspective on cars and what matters to him resonates with me.

SG car mart did a good job by putting in reviewers with different perspective of what different categories of buyers would look for when car hunting. It's gives perspective from both car enthusiasts and normal car buyers.

You mean the ventilated seats? Haha.

• Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

You mean the ventilated seats? Haha.

You are that short dude ah?

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Just watched the cayenne review video. Prefer the two reviewers to the others.

by the way I always thought a coupe is a 2 door vehicle.

No lah. Coupe is a 2 + 2 seating arrangement that have a sloping roofline. 🙂 

Basically is an impractical sedan. 😂

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
Just now, Discoburg said:

You are that short dude ah?

That short dude has a name and his name is Julian. [drivingcar]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

That short dude has a name and his name is Julian. [drivingcar]

Sorry didn't catch his name.

Hi Julian.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
4 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Just seen the SG Car martNissan Serena,  Mini Cooper S clubman and the Mercedes G Wagon review videos in Youtube. Nice content and a bit funny also. Prefer the Jon guy over the short guy in the Nissan Serena video.

I prefer the short guy. His technical knowledge is there and give more details on driver's perspective, though sometimes he can be over serious.

The mazda 3 driver is good in terms of balanced humor and seriousness but lacks the technical knowledge of the short guy.

The tall guy is a hit and miss leh. Sometimes funny, sometimes cold joke. He is like the cheeky boh liao passenger perspective.

And the video could have better editing. Alot of transition time wasted. And please get a pram if you wanna compare bootspace. Carousell very cheap if you on budget. The shopping cart is not really good example cos no one put the trolley in boot like that after shopping.

You want to do review and put in the net might as well do it properly. You look at those Taiwan reviews. They inject the fun and seriousness at the same time and it nailed it. Should look at how they do.

Also can look at how carwow did it. Informative without being over silly.

Hope to see more improvements in the future.👍

Edited by Pocus
Typo
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

No lah. Coupe is a 2 + 2 seating arrangement that have a sloping roofline. 🙂 

Basically is an impractical sedan. 😂

Thanks for the info bro. Just that since younger days I always thought and heard that a coupe is a 2 day car.

2 minutes ago, Pocus said:

I prefer the short guy. His technical knowledge is there and give more details on driver's perspective, thought sometimes he can be over serious.

The mazda 3 driver is good in terms of balanced humor and seriousness but lacks the technical knowledge of the short guy.

The tall guy is a hit and miss leh. Sometimes funny, sometimes cold joke. He is like the passenger perspective.

And the video could have better editing. Alot of transition time wasted. And please get a pram if you wanna compare bootspace. Carousell very cheap if you on budget. The shopping cart is not really good example cos none put the trolley in boot like that after shopping.

But I feel the content could be better. You want to do review and put in the net might as well do itproperly. You look at those Taiwan reviews. They inject the fun and seriousness at the same time and it nailed it. Should look at how they do.

Also can look at how carwow did it. Informative without being over silly.

Hope to see more improvements in the future.👍

True true

Turbocharged

Also don't be shy to give comparison between competitors which are factual. So viewers know the difference.

Eg. "The new Swift Boot is still smaller than the class favourite Honda Jazz, but had made improvement and is now not the smallest, beating the Mazda 2 by xx litres"

This is an example if a factual comparison. Dealers cannot sue you cos it's a fact and not your "gut feeling".

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Thanks for the info bro. Just that since younger days I always thought and heard that a coupe is a 2 day car.

haha. No prob! 🙂 that's why GLE is a coupe. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

haha. No prob! 🙂 that's why GLE is a coupe. 

Ah!!!!

Really able to catch a lot more videos in Youtube during the CCB period. Never had I spent to many mins in Youtube before.

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Ah!!!!

Really able to catch a lot more videos in Youtube during the CCB period. Never had I spent to many mins in Youtube before.

Recommend this youtube for cars. It is in Chinese. But the screenplay and the depth of the review is very good! I like the cinematic shot also. 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1