Jump to content

Canon dslr camera


Jen1106
 Share

Recommended Posts

i know someone will shoot me for saying this but go for canon G9, the AF is very fast and shutter response very good. I like. [inlove]

 

But it's not exactly P&S. [lipsrsealed]

 

then it's comparable to SLR in these areas. but how is it faster? [:p]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.....NR was like a cheat. Maybe it didn't work better in all situations? But I'm assuming that in more common situations it might work better?

 

But I'm really not sure....

 

But D200 still available in the market? How much was it last time?

Link to post
Share on other sites

dunno..

 

if u really into photog and have the budget, i feel the D300 isn't a waste of $$ at all

 

but if u doing it more for leisure, the D80 or even D60 shd be more than enuff.

 

i use my D40x for a spot of news photography even, and that's lower end than the D80. [;)]. but i tell u my camera looks damn ridiculous with a 18-200 zoom and SB800 perched on top [laugh][laugh]. minimum D80 if u want to look the business. i on the other hand, want to look as harmless as possible (flash boh pian for indoor event, but i remove the flash when not needed cos it's extra weight)

 

one bonus about the smaller SLRs is that they offer SLR "capability" with less weight penalty. u lose some, but u do win some

Link to post
Share on other sites

wait till you see a 350d with a 70-300mm zoom.... you will end up holding the lens instead of the camera when you are not shooting. [laugh]

Edited by Slowmo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, way before the internet, anyone with a homesetup darkroom and a basic camera can make a popular 'artistic' magazines for men [sly] It's the market niche and demand I would say.

 

I learn about basic black & white darkroom while I was in seconday school and also from a community centre photography club .Very interesting initially , until you smell like cow dung.... [:p]

Link to post
Share on other sites

i see those huge lenses before [dizzy]

 

haven't attached one of them to my baby slr though. maybe i shd try the 70-200mm F2.8 (probably abit smaller than the canon 70-300) and see how it looks. [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

once i have the moola i will try to get a full frame DSLR, currently a bit unsatisfied with the 1.6 crop factor. hehehe [lipsrsealed]

 

but that means i have to sell all the lenses that can't be mounted on it. oh well... its just like changing cars but very much cheaper i suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a good PnS for low light out there. The Fujiflim F31fd. No. It is not in production anymore.

 

I found that camera manufacturers are like running shoe manufacturers. Once you found a good one, the damn manufacturer screws it up when they try to improve upon it. shakehead.gif

 

The successors are the F40fd and F50fd. The good thing is that they have a very useable ISO1600.

Link to post
Share on other sites

haha. i cant remember how it smell like liao... really long time ago...

 

Think I was 12... just go around taking photos, wasting my dad's films.. haha.

 

In the end he got me a cheap PnS, since I suck at focusing a manual slr. lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fujiflim F31, thats the one i mentioned with the abysmal focus times. [shakehead]

 

 

Fujiflim was so close to having a really popular P&S... if they had improved the focus times they would have a winner. But nooo.... they decide to fcuk it up. [shakehead]

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you consider the super old Canon G2 a PnS. It was fast for it's time but not now. In fact the mechanics seem to be going bad. It is getting slower and slower. I'm looking for a replacement PnS. Missed the boat to get the F31fd and now people are selling it for an arm and a leg.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ditto. I prefer viewfinder. I don't care about technique, but as long as anyone assume that 'kungfu' stance, I will laugh at them after getting pissed at them. [laugh][lipsrsealed]

Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to low light, unparalleled. But yeah, the focus times are slow. Just as there is no perfect running shoe, there is no perfect camera.

 

Now dunno whether to get an F50fd. Online USA shops selling USD200 odd. After conversion, cheaper than any shop here!

Edited by Genie47
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had used a G2 before, very good cam, but like all electronics, by this year and age, the CCD and optics have deteriorated ( thats why changed to a A430 then F30 then F31)

 

 

The first G series after G2 was uber disappointing.... if you ignore the inbetweens and jump to G9 straight, you'd feel better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

warrenty bro. if you are okay with just buy and throw, then go for it. Not sure about your usage..

 

But I'm those who send cameras for regular sensor cleaning, and I abuse the cameras lots, so I would've 'breakeven' with the number of shots before the warrenty ends [;)]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...