Car vibrates...engine mount change?

Ixat

Hi bros, can feel my car vibrating when at idle in the morning before moving off. This is even after the "engine temp cold" light goes off.

After driving around for 5-10min and when at traffic light the car do not vibrate anymore, totally still, almost can't feel engine on.

Is there some other fluids thats not warmed up yet tat cause the pre-move-off-at-idle vibration? Or is it time to change engine mount anyhow?

Its a 1.6M Hyundai Getz.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If I may ask how old is the car, mileage, any change in spark plugs recently(or when). Usually it is quite straight forward. Cold engine or low in lub oil, are also possible reasons.

Edited by Fortress

Hi Fortress, thanks for your reply!

Car is 3yrs in next month and mileage is 86K. Last serviced 6K ago with Amsoil 5W30 and OEM copper plugs.

Engine oil is at 50% between low and full on the dipstick.

Could it be that although the engine cold light is off, the temperature is still not really warmed up sufficiently and that caused the vibration?

In Singapore unlikely it is due to temperature that causes vibration, it is better to go mechanic to check and likely it is due to cracked engine mount. There are many old cars that do not bother to change until the engine mount vibration is too huge, it is your preference... [:)]

(edited)

Resurrecting this

Bros, just to check one thing

1) car just hit 60K maintaince and AD said engine mount rubber has almost worned. said if I want to change, and that costs $700 b4 GST.

2) battery pan corroded to change is $125 b4 GST

Anywhere else can I go? Any advises? Please. Am driving Mazda 2

TIA!

Edited by Shiwao
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Resurrecting this

1) car just hit 60K maintaince and AD said engine mount rubber has almost worned. said if I want to change, and that costs $700 b4 GST.

TIA!

Try City Auto [;)]

The price should be cheaper [nod]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Resurrecting this

TIA!

just go to Mazda stockits to buy the engine mounts, much cheaper and then get workshop to change, labour should be less than $100.

okie bros

darn sian, last week CEL came on, changed one knock sensor, carrot headed for $328

Guess I'll have to make a run to the stockist tomorrow.

Thanks all.

i also driving a getz ard the same age as ur car..just gone for servicing 2day.the mechanic suddenly pop up a question asking mi am i going to change my car?is best to change ur car now as ur engine is still ok cos tats sumthing wrong wif ur engine..i stunned for awhile ..cos he is saying tats some sound inside my engine(like some coins washing in the washing machine)..the onli problem is to overhauled the engine which is ard 5k..

i had been servicing my car on time for 3 yrs..hai~dun even noe wat causes this..

• Praise 1

i also driving a getz ard the same age as ur car..just gone for servicing 2day.the mechanic suddenly pop up a question asking mi am i going to change my car?is best to change ur car now as ur engine is still ok cos tats sumthing wrong wif ur engine..i stunned for awhile ..cos he is saying tats some sound inside my engine(like some coins washing in the washing machine)..the onli problem is to overhauled the engine which is ard 5k..

i had been servicing my car on time for 3 yrs..hai~dun even noe wat causes this..

Bro that sounds scary. Good to get a 2nd opinion before making any decisions.

BTW whats your engine cap?

That kinda sound/noise could be from the faulty tappets. Our family car used to have that noisy coin clinging sound, after the tappets were changed, no more such noise.

Get a outside workshop mechanic to give a 2nd opinion.

Tappet

just go to Mazda stockits to buy the engine mounts, much cheaper and then get workshop to change, labour should be less than $100.

Yup. Agreed. Unless TS has some trusted workshops where they can bring in the oem/stock mounts at cheaper prices and install for a labour cost.

Get a second or a third opinion.

Overhauling of engine is quite a big issue and cost matter.