Jump to content

Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please


Sazali
 Share

Recommended Posts

(edited)

From a cost benefits perspective, consider carefully when going for pricey paint protection packagesfor a b&b car like sylphy.

I did 5 layers Package for my sylphy for about $1400. There seems to be some good result but it is not magic. I don't regret it as I already considered before doing it. For the money, I think it is more worthwhile to do a respray after a few years, and change color while doing it. This is base on my own perspectives and evaluation after having done it myself. The vendor is one of the prominent ones in this forum.

 

Oh, when you do accident repair which involves respray of panels or change a cracked windscreen or wheels, the investment on that portion is gone.

Edited by Columbian78
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

It's always best to keep the original paintwork as the factory paint is cured in an oven, and no respray job will match that.

 

But $1,400 for a PPS is mad. I think a glass coating for a few hundred bucks is more than enough.

Edited by Detach8
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always best to keep the original paintwork as the factory paint is cured in an oven, and no respray job will match that.

 

But $1,400 for a PPS is mad. I think a glass coating for a few hundred bucks is more than enough.

 

You are right about the factory paint job. Locally, almost no one has the big oven to cure the paint after respray. Most of the cheap respray which cost ~ $1k or less is quite a shoddy work. (experienced it myself)

 

I was quoted $1.4k for 5 layers from one of the reputable paint protection company in this forum before I got my 3 layers at $800. I was considering the 2 for quote a wihle (way before i collected my car) and finally decided on the $800 one. I just can't bear to part away 1k+ for paint protection for a B&B car like slyphy... hopefully my investment can last up to 5 years and i'm happy enough. anyway, they also have a $30 maintenance wash which they will spray with a diluted coating of the coating after washing. I'll probably go for this once every 3-4 months since its pretty affordable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dun Noe about u guys... I think a regular clean and wax is enuff. As long u clean it correctly and wax it right. I think the paint can last pretty long

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Dun Noe about u guys... I think a regular clean and wax is enuff. As long u clean it correctly and wax it right. I think the paint can last pretty long

Fully agree. No matter how impressive your car paintwork is, dealers don't take a 2nd look and simply offer ridiculously below mkt rate trade-in price.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The Diamond 9H coating I gotten is $800 for the entire car. They will apply 3 layers (1 on top of each one) on the whole exterior, including rims, plastics, and glass areas. there is a 5 year warranty which covers owner's negligence against scratches and swirls. As far as I know, someone really went back to them to have an area re-coated due to accidental scratches and it was foc. I don't think this is a foolproof solution to zero damage to paint but it will greatly minimize any accidental or intentional damages to our paint. I just have to wait and see how long this thing can last. So far, I have it on my car for almost 2 weeks (i did it on day 2 upon collection of car), and it has went through several days of heavy rain. The car still looks clean and shiny, and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

 

Yes, its for easier grooming and maintenance, and also minimizes scratches. Supposedly, it a type of permanent bond to the paint and it will last up to 5 years. Its not like wax where it will wear off with each wash.

 

Nice. Thanks for your reply! Quite keen.

 

What kind of scratches are we actually looking at? Like small rocks on the road hitting the car at high speed? Only one I can think off. And owner negligence meaning the owner go and scratch the car? Haha.

 

Btw how long did the whole process take?

Link to post
Share on other sites

every one month do a simple waxing for 2 panels then others next month, better than what super duper coating. 20mins max.

 

save the money for sumptuous dinner with family more worthwhile than on car paint work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Nice. Thanks for your reply! Quite keen.

 

What kind of scratches are we actually looking at? Like small rocks on the road hitting the car at high speed? Only one I can think off. And owner negligence meaning the owner go and scratch the car? Haha.

 

Btw how long did the whole process take?

 

small rocks at high speed (eg. u travelling at 100km/h), think no paint protection currently on market works. Maybe only those wrap thingy works. but if kenna accidental scratch like car key, still ok.

 

Whole process took about 5 hours. I just left car there and went home. When about finish they msg me.

every one month do a simple waxing for 2 panels then others next month, better than what super duper coating. 20mins max.

 

save the money for sumptuous dinner with family more worthwhile than on car paint work.

 

True, the money can be better spent on oneself or family. But i'm the super lazy to wash car type, less to say do wax (not even liquid or spray ones...), so i took the easier way of doing paint protection. Actually for the wax to sit in well on the paint, i think need to wash and claybar it properly, else the surface is a bit rough and the wax wun work very well. Personally, i'm quite lousy at washing so I'm not good at preparing car paint for waxing. Hence, the $800... [laugh]

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day to all bros,

 

Just did my 1k servicing at Leng Keng. The new lounge at the service centre is sweee.. got 2 very comfy recliners. they also have light snacks and hot beverages, magazines and stuff. Nice waiting place compared to those sucky industrial workshops which i've been visiting for the past few years while driving my civic. I was checking out the prices for various servicing packages and parts replacement. I realized that TC pricing is very reasonable compared to other ADs. For slyphy, to replace all 4 shock absorbers including labour is only $648! I was charged around $900 for the same job when i replaced my 4 absorbers for civic! :angry: cheapest package cost around $200+ and most ex one is $400+ (depending on mileage) Not bad. Think i'll probably go back to them after my free servicing ends in 2 yrs + time. [thumbsup]

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Good day to all bros,

 

Just did my 1k servicing at Leng Keng. The new lounge at the service centre is sweee.. got 2 very comfy recliners. they also have light snacks and hot beverages, magazines and stuff. Nice waiting place compared to those sucky industrial workshops which i've been visiting for the past few years while driving my civic. I was checking out the prices for various servicing packages and parts replacement. I realized that TC pricing is very reasonable compared to other ADs. For slyphy, to replace all 4 shock absorbers including labour is only $648! I was charged around $900 for the same job when i replaced my 4 absorbers for civic! :angry: cheapest package cost around $200+ and most ex one is $400+ (depending on mileage) Not bad. Think i'll probably go back to them after my free servicing ends in 2 yrs + time. [thumbsup]

 

 

Quite true , of all AD, TC is one of the most reasonable one...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day to all bros,

 

Just did my 1k servicing at Leng Keng. The new lounge at the service centre is sweee.. got 2 very comfy recliners. they also have light snacks and hot beverages, magazines and stuff. Nice waiting place compared to those sucky industrial workshops which i've been visiting for the past few years while driving my civic. I was checking out the prices for various servicing packages and parts replacement. I realized that TC pricing is very reasonable compared to other ADs. For slyphy, to replace all 4 shock absorbers including labour is only $648! I was charged around $900 for the same job when i replaced my 4 absorbers for civic! :angry: cheapest package cost around $200+ and most ex one is $400+ (depending on mileage) Not bad. Think i'll probably go back to them after my free servicing ends in 2 yrs + time.

I just had my 4 shocks replaced at TC for G11. In fact I did a check with outside workshop before cheapest I get was around $800 and they are not using original parts.

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day to all bros,

 

Just did my 1k servicing at Leng Keng. The new lounge at the service centre is sweee.. got 2 very comfy recliners. they also have light snacks and hot beverages, magazines and stuff. Nice waiting place compared to those sucky industrial workshops which i've been visiting for the past few years while driving my civic. I was checking out the prices for various servicing packages and parts replacement. I realized that TC pricing is very reasonable compared to other ADs. For slyphy, to replace all 4 shock absorbers including labour is only $648! I was charged around $900 for the same job when i replaced my 4 absorbers for civic! :angry: cheapest package cost around $200+ and most ex one is $400+ (depending on mileage) Not bad. Think i'll probably go back to them after my free servicing ends in 2 yrs + time. [thumbsup]

 

 

 

Seems reasonable. How about the service quality of the staff? Including customer service and how did the service end up? My current korean ride, the AD is really problematic. Getting from bad to worst.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Seems reasonable. How about the service quality of the staff? Including customer service and how did the service end up? My current korean ride, the AD is really problematic. Getting from bad to worst.

 

Quality of Service staff was excellent. The Staff came to direct me to park my car one side, another came up quickly to go through what was to be done for 1k serciving. I ask a few questions on mineral oil and stuff and he was able to answer promptly. They put a seat cover and floor cover before driving my car off. They then directed me to lounge. Inside lounge, there is a big tv with live update of waiting time. upon ready, they will show it on the Tv and also sms u. The staff even ask me to help myself to the coffee and bread (they just top up) and even pass me the straits times. Upon collection, i went down they pass me key. the staff even offered to drive my car to exit and settle with guard before I left the place. Car was washed and interior vacuum clean. They also blacken the tyres.

 

Btw, they are using mineral oil till 10k then change to fully synthethic. only thing i need to pay is the top up for synthethic oil at 10k. coz they explained that the free one at 10k is using mineral oil. anyway is a small amount (around $20+?) after that, its totally FOC for remaining servicing till 50k km. (that will be like 2.5 yrs later..)

 

Among all the ADs service centres i have visited before (Mazda, BM, KAH, etc.), none come as close.. Not sure about about other Nissan service centres, but the Leng Kee one is [thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pls do slow pick up and see the rpm between 1.5-2k for the very first time.I was told this is the pure drive cvt characteristics.

Impressed by the CVT. I was running at 100km with an rpm of 1500. My 06 Altia would have been running at 2300.

 

Pure drive!

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. New here. Hopefully going to be a Sylphy owner too. Hoping to collect my ride next month or so. -fingers crossed-

 

Read about the "diamond 9H coating" for paint protection against scratches? Wondering how tough is it, like what kind of scratches can it withstand? Because sometimes other people quite sadistic, see your new car, shiny shiny, then open their car door hardly and dent your car. Haha some. Wondering if the coating is really worth it. Btw mind sharing how much is it for the entire car? Thanks!

 

Hi

 

Im a 1 week old Sylphian after a 4 yr old Altisian

 

My peraonal preference and comfort is still towards Autoglym. once I got my sylphy last thur, I went straight for a self car-wash, a full Autoglym Super Resin Polish and a Autoglym High Definition Wax. All in 3.5hr with super aching muscles and dehydration, but a very satisfied and proud ddriver :)

 

Preventing car dents? Sad to say we have inconsiderate drivers or passengers who think they own the parking lot and open their car door fully open without considering the car next to them. i can only try to protect myself by being particular in my parking lots, eg at the corner lot or giving more empty spacwle at the sides where possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree with that while i dont it wax it myself anymore, there are many mobile gromming service out there. i do it twice a year, 150$ per session. swee swee.

every one month do a simple waxing for 2 panels then others next month, better than what super duper coating. 20mins max.

 

save the money for sumptuous dinner with family more worthwhile than on car paint work.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wah, Leng kee so good. My SE told me to avoid Leng kee cos they are the newest and not so established. I had been going to be timah cos everyone says it is the biggest and most established. So far haven't been impressed by the service there, both technical and admin aspects. Maybe I should go Leng kee try it out.

 

Can you recommend the service advisor whom gave you good service? Can PM me if you prefer that. Thanks.

 

 

Quality of Service staff was excellent. The Staff came to direct me to park my car one side, another came up quickly to go through what was to be done for 1k serciving. I ask a few questions on mineral oil and stuff and he was able to answer promptly. They put a seat cover and floor cover before driving my car off. They then directed me to lounge. Inside lounge, there is a big tv with live update of waiting time. upon ready, they will show it on the Tv and also sms u. The staff even ask me to help myself to the coffee and bread (they just top up) and even pass me the straits times. Upon collection, i went down they pass me key. the staff even offered to drive my car to exit and settle with guard before I left the place. Car was washed and interior vacuum clean. They also blacken the tyres.

 

Btw, they are using mineral oil till 10k then change to fully synthethic. only thing i need to pay is the top up for synthethic oil at 10k. coz they explained that the free one at 10k is using mineral oil. anyway is a small amount (around $20+?) after that, its totally FOC for remaining servicing till 50k km. (that will be like 2.5 yrs later..)

 

Among all the ADs service centres i have visited before (Mazda, BM, KAH, etc.), none come as close.. Not sure about about other Nissan service centres, but the Leng Kee one is [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...