13177 Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/8/2023 at 10:46 PM, Volvobrick said: Renovation? Not really. 😅 ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/8/2023 at 10:48 PM, inlinesix said: It depends on the space you need Lor. Just compare the price. Take the cheapest 1. Didn't know there are many storage companies, not only like the common ones like extraspace and storhub. Looks like really needs to do some homework. 😅 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
denser 3rd Gear November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 do they supply water and electricity? I wanna store my fishes hahaa... 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 10:27 AM, 13177 said: Didn't know there are many storage companies, not only like the common ones like extraspace and storhub. Looks like really needs to do some homework. 😅 If you using it as extension of store room, get 1 that is nearest to your home. I am using 1 that is about 500m from my home. When i searched, i only cared about the distance from my home. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stratovarius Turbocharged November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 10:23 AM, 13177 said: Not really. 😅 hiding things from wife? 😅 I enquired a few before selling my house. all not worth it unless is for short term. Depends on what you are storing. if non sentimental/expensive stuffs might be cheaper to buy new in the future. Saw a news before someone put her expensive bags in a non ac unit and they got moldy and disintegrated after a few months. 5 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 10:37 AM, denser said: do they supply water and electricity? I wanna store my fishes hahaa... I saw all of the storage companies one of the prohibited items that you cannot store are live plant and animals. 😅 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mersaylee Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 11:06 AM, 13177 said: I saw all of the storage companies one of the prohibited items that you cannot store are live plant and animals. 😅 Alamak...someone cannot store the beloved mil...😁 6 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mersaylee Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 Used to have a store house...under 100 per month...my spare rims, tyres, exo, bodykit, suspensions all ended up there...go toilet bathe after moving the stuff also need to siam here siam there...😅 1 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 10:43 AM, inlinesix said: If you using it as extension of store room, get 1 that is nearest to your home. I am using 1 that is about 500m from my home. When i searched, i only cared about the distance from my home. Which one you use? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Voodooman Supersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 5:57 AM, Starry said: Bro I have use these storage companies for more than 10 years. I have used quite a few of them before. They offer more or less the same stuff like 24/7 accessibility, good security, etc.....but the differences are in the details. Prices often depends on how big the storage is and the location. You need to consider this : - Do you need to access your storage often? if need, get the closest one to your house. If no need, then ulu a bit is good since cheaper. - Many of them is in JTC buildings and industrial parks. I say avoid them because trying to use the loading bay is hard during office hours. Infact finding parking is already an issue during office hours. - Assuming you are not renting air-con ones, then those storage with mechanical vents on top of the ceiling are important. The mechanical vents keep clean air flowing around the storages and hence prevent mold build-up in your items. This is such an important feature for non-aircon units that many customers do not realize and probably never asked until their stuff turns moldy due to still air and humidity. - Payment scheme. Can they allow monthly payment?. I tend to avoid those that asked for advance payment unless no choice cos I like their premises. - Do not be entice by all the one month free or whatever. Anybody with a sane mind will know that they already priced the "free" into the balance monthly rental. Considering my points above, you should narrow down to a few suitable ones for you and go down to look at what is available. Just telling you how big their available unit is in sqm is not good enough. Some units are weird in shape, and some even have a pillar next to it making it hard to place items. Then avoid units that are next to the exterior wall because if the exterior wall leaks during rain, the water may find its way to your item. Good luck! 10 years? Are you a hoarder? Lol As I downsize over the years, I sell or throw away most things. In fact if I put something into the storeroom and never once retrieve it in last 365 days, it will be gone during next spring cleaning. I know people keeps wine, painting, etc but furniture? Just curious what users in SG use it for. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Davidklt Supercharged November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 12:14 PM, Voodooman said: 10 years? Are you a hoarder? Lol As I downsize over the years, I sell or throw away most things. In fact if I put something into the storeroom and never once retrieve it in last 365 days, it will be gone during next spring cleaning. I know people keeps wine, painting, etc but furniture? Just curious what users in SG use it for. People living in shoe box units dont have a proper storage room. Unlike HDB flats. They would need this. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jamesc Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 (edited) Hmm sounds very suspicious! That Han Feizi woman just got deported Maybe he helping her keeps her things? Don't want wifey to know! Edited November 9, 2023 by Jamesc 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stary Turbocharged November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 12:14 PM, Voodooman said: 10 years? Are you a hoarder? Lol As I downsize over the years, I sell or throw away most things. In fact if I put something into the storeroom and never once retrieve it in last 365 days, it will be gone during next spring cleaning. I know people keeps wine, painting, etc but furniture? Just curious what users in SG use it for. Hahaha...no la, not hoarder la.....more like lazy and not sure what to do with those items. I started this storage thing while I was still quite young, and when one is young, we always think maybe we have use for those things in the future. Later I have other hobbies (better don't say) and I bought many of it which later ended up in storage...lol Last year, I cleared them all out because the rental has risen quite high at these storage companies.😅 3 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 11:22 AM, 13177 said: Which one you use? Extra Space. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 12:57 PM, Starry said: Hahaha...no la, not hoarder la.....more like lazy and not sure what to do with those items. I started this storage thing while I was still quite young, and when one is young, we always think maybe we have use for those things in the future. Later I have other hobbies (better don't say) and I bought many of it which later ended up in storage...lol Last year, I cleared them all out because the rental has risen quite high at these storage companies.😅 I would not need to use these storage companies to store my things. Cause don't like to keep too many things. I only need to use them due to really no choice and just for temporary storage. After that once house is ready, will move them out liao. 😂 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stratovarius Turbocharged November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 11:18 AM, mersaylee said: Alamak...someone cannot store the beloved mil...😁 well, its say no living things... so.... 😈 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stratovarius Turbocharged November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 11:21 AM, mersaylee said: Used to have a store house...under 100 per month...my spare rims, tyres, exo, bodykit, suspensions all ended up there...go toilet bathe after moving the stuff also need to siam here siam there...😅 used to put some under my work desk. lol. of coz, not fun when i throw letter and need to clear my space. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BanCoe Hypersonic November 9, 2023 Share November 9, 2023 On 11/9/2023 at 2:09 PM, Stratovarius said: well, its say no living things... so.... 😈 mummified MIL is allowed lah ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Anybody into quantum physics, relativity or just a science freak?
Anybody into quantum physics, relativity or just a science freak?
SpaceX rocket launches, then explodes minutes later, on first test flight
SpaceX rocket launches, then explodes minutes later, on first test flight
For those who are looking forward to avengers
For those who are looking forward to avengers
Dirt cheap storage space.. recommendations?
Dirt cheap storage space.. recommendations?
How much space do we really need to make babies?
How much space do we really need to make babies?
Need Advice on Self Storage
Need Advice on Self Storage
Mitsubishi Space Star
Mitsubishi Space Star