Kia Picanto Reliability

Nicholassoong

All bros who drive Picanto,

I've been driving Picanto coming to 2 years. So far experienced one issue with the fuel pump. The fuel pump broke down. Fortunately, this failure is covered by warranty. However, this failure has shaken my confidence in the reliability of my car. Would like to find out from the rest of you on your experiences with your Picanto. Pls kindly share about any reliability issue with the car. Tks in advance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Just because of fuel pump failure you posted quite a few posts on how you lost confidence on your Picanto. It's just a Picanto dude. So unhappy go and change car lor. It has been replaced under warranty isn't it? Parts break down from time to time. Even Toyota known for it's reliability also got problems now isn't it?

People driving brand new VW golf got issues with their gearbox and car stalling. They still loved their cars.

• Praise 1

korean cars are very reliable. IMHO more reliable than thai-made japanese brand cars. no offence to bros driving thai-made jap marques.

i won't say it's better though, but u did pay less. depends on what u go for. picanto is practical, decent, and economical. after ur warranty, just go stockist to buy parts and go to any workshop. low tech is good in a way, just like lancer CS3 for e.g. any mech can fix it for u and wun cost too much.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I have been driving Picanto for 3 yrs 5 months. So far it doesnt give me any major problem. Furthermore it accompany me to Tuas everyday. To find out more on your ride, you may log in to sgkiaclub.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

This part of wear and tear issue....reliability comes in usually after repair problems still unresolved or parts replaced leads to another new issue.

What TS mention is all parts & parcel of all kinds of cars, if not y warranty is given and even with warranty ends, no brands in the world can ever proof and guarantee that cars wun break down......unless you dun drive but keep the car at home for viewing. So long there is wear, surely there is tear rite....aiyo

• Praise 1

mine pica also coming in 5yrs old in another 2 months...so far so good no major problems except for the rattling door knob for front left passenger and the slight squeaking of the shock absorbers when crossing humps. Part and parcel of wear and tear since its 100% stock.

even went on numerous roadtrips to Msia, coming up another Cameron trip in end March. [:p]

TS probably your driving style causing the breakdown? maybe you wana let your mechanic to check it? [;)]

• Praise 1

Just pure luck that's all...

At least you got to walk out of the car alive...

Not everyone like you have the luck to walk out of the car alive in other make...

If you are really concern of your cheap car,

you can always pay more to get a volvo or something.

:P

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Your fuel pump is just a mechanical device.

If you abused it by running on low fuel all the time, it will breakdown sooner than later.

If you buy any other car, you will run into the same problem whatever the make.

It doesn't mean you pay top dollar for a "better" brand, you won't get a breakdown.

Neutral Newbie

My getz is still working fine after 5 yrs and I'm still driving it. :D

my getz after 4yrs is still very gd .... :)

Have faith in your picanto.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi just to check whether do ur have any prob when selling your picanto or did the used car dealer offer very low because of the low omv? cause i saw 2 used aug2009 selling at 33k which is ard 20k lower than the new car so i can imagine that the seller really lose alot on that vehicle which make me worry if i will to buy n sell it 3 yr later will it be like low demand car n the dealer will make it sound worthless n eat very little?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi just to check whether do ur have any prob when selling your picanto or did the used car dealer offer very low because of the low omv? cause i saw 2 used aug2009 selling at 33k which is ard 20k lower than the new car so i can imagine that the seller really lose alot on that vehicle which make me worry if i will to buy n sell it 3 yr later will it be like low demand car n the dealer will make it sound worthless n eat very little?

You need to understand the law of depreciation value for vehicles before you can get enlighterment.....

Not forgeting Parf & OMV....etc [pirate]

• Praise 1

Not to also mention supply and demand..... Maybe if you try selling in European countries will you see a better resale for Korean rides. In Singapore, it is still a pro Japanese market hence resale definitely is lower.

• Praise 1

I thought Picanto 1.1(A) = $46,999

Depreciation figures are based the yearly depreciation of the vehicle based on the assumption that the vehicle is deregistered only at the end of its 10-yr COE life-span. The value of the car body has not been taken into account.

The formula used to derive the figure is as follows:

Depreciation = (List Price - Min. PARF value)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

tat y i am actually looking for a car with min dep..i dun need nice nice car i just need a vehicle to drive ard n my milleage is very high tat y fc is 1 of the impt factor i am looking at.. but just to check aug 2009 is only 8mth old with dep of 6177 is 772 per mth*12mth is 9265 per yr dep instead of the 3k dep.. then the low omv next time when i sell the car will dealer take in very low because of the low omv hence it became high dep? tks many for the advice

• Praise 1

(edited)

tat y i am actually looking for a car with min dep..i dun need nice nice car i just need a vehicle to drive ard n my milleage is very high tat y fc is 1 of the impt factor i am looking at.. but just to check aug 2009 is only 8mth old with dep of 6177 is 772 per mth*12mth is 9265 per yr dep instead of the 3k dep.. then the low omv next time when i sell the car will dealer take in very low because of the low omv hence it became high dep? tks many for the advice

9k depreciation for second hand car?

what car was that?

paste us the link.

are you sure you are looking at picanto?

Edited by Sohboonguan
↡ Advertisement