MAZDA 6

Voxy28

yep but beware that the resale is much more "jialat" than a honda accord. Honda cars have much better resale value than Mazda

thinking of getting a 2005 car so i dun think i will re-sell.. probably just scrap it later on

↡ Advertisement

Guys, what about the 2009 Mazda 6? Is it better than the older Mazda 6 SP?

Heard that the drive is similar to Mondeo?

Please advise. Thanks. [laugh]

Guys, what about the 2009 Mazda 6? Is it better than the older Mazda 6 SP?

Heard that the drive is similar to Mondeo?

Please advise. Thanks. [laugh]

am neither driving one nor an expert

what i gathered from the net is that both Mz6 and mondeo share the same platform...

i think just like mz323 and laser...

some say that the engine is different... and mondeo is known to be more quiet

mz6 2L (current model, pre-FL) uses the same engine as Mz3 2L which just means that, if u plan to buy a Mz6, dont get the 2L version

mz6 2L (current model, pre-FL) uses the same engine as Mz3 2L which just means that, if u plan to buy a Mz6, dont get the 2L version

Can buy lah.. just don't expect to be going anywhere really quickly lor.. ^_^

yep....for real driving pleasure, the maz6 needs 2.5L engine....tat's not available here....i've tried it (rental car) in usa....even 2.5L i also found it not so powerful at times, so can't imagine how a 2L engine will cope....

• Praise 1

yep....for real driving pleasure, the maz6 needs 2.5L engine....tat's not available here....i've tried it (rental car) in usa....even 2.5L i also found it not so powerful at times, so can't imagine how a 2L engine will cope....

The 2.5 is available locally. Just that its not very common.

thks for the info

wanted to buy mazda 6 as i do not want to incur high depreciation

buy 2nd hand, its a cheap car to own

for around 75 - 80k you should be able to find a < 2 yr old mz6 and there are no cars within that price bracket that are as large or as beautiful as the mz6

i'm referring to the new model not the old, the new model is in the same bracket as the markx, teana, camry, kah motors accord and the new subaru legacy

so its the cheapest amongst all the japanese luxury cars

until the k5 hits the resale market the mz6 is the best and cheapest luxury car you'll be able to find

thks for the info..

pardon me... i hv never driven a 2litre car on a long term basis...

is the FC consider no good for a 2litre car?

if you drive with the expectation of 10km/l then the mz6 is pretty ok

of course if you are comparing against other cars where 90% highway and 1.6L can get 15km/l then the FC will be terrible

also half tank can only get you 350km, full tank is only 550km

my previous 1.6L can get me 680km for a full tank and the fuel capacity is 52L vs my current car which i think should be 60

i'm getting 11km++/l on my accord, i won't know what the mz6 fuel figures will be like but i think that rumours of high FC are inaccurate, to me high FC means 8km/l constantly

thot there is a 2.3 version available?

2.3 is available for the previous model of the Mz6. I was refering to the current model, of which there is a 2.5 available.

buy 2nd hand, its a cheap car to own

for around 75 - 80k you should be able to find a < 2 yr old mz6 and there are no cars within that price bracket that are as large or as beautiful as the mz6

i'm referring to the new model not the old, the new model is in the same bracket as the markx, teana, camry, kah motors accord and the new subaru legacy

so its the cheapest amongst all the japanese luxury cars

until the k5 hits the resale market the mz6 is the best and cheapest luxury car you'll be able to find

Yes, <2yrs mz6 is going for 75-80k but they brought for 60-65k. it's means that they are driving for free all these time and even get some profit back :o:o I just can't bring myself to buy that, but that's just me.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Mazda6 where got 65k brand new?? 65k sounds like the lowest price you pay for a brand new basic 2010 Mazda3 1.6 at its lowest point

the new Mazda 6 lowest point has to be 90-95k

Edited by Majordan

Yes, <2yrs mz6 is going for 75-80k but they brought for 60-65k. it's means that they are driving for free all these time and even get some profit back :o:o I just can't bring myself to buy that, but that's just me.

cannot be lah, no way mazda 6 (2008-2009) was selling for tat cheap price....i think u were thinking of mazda3?

The lowest the new Mazda6 went was in Nov 2008, due to a combination of clearing stock n extremely low COE.... The 2ltr could be had for $69k-$70k except there were only 2-3 colours available

↡ Advertisement