Conditions of Singapore roads....

Rastaman01

Neutral Newbie

Can't agree more.. Recently rode in my friend's FD Type R in KPE, can really feel the bumpiness the whole way! World class, my @$$..

KPE road surface really cmi.....

↡ Advertisement

Can't agree more.. Recently rode in my friend's FD Type R in KPE, can really feel the bumpiness the whole way! World class, my @$$..

That's why we need Taxi suspension... Everywhere also bounce...

Kpe lagi siao. I first time go in I thought my tyre gone. The moment I exit the kpe I stopped road shoulder to check. KNN. Of all the worse is at pasir ris drive 1. All the way the stretch CMI.

Dude , we are better than 3rd world countries..

Aren't we the third world country too? [:p]

If not, of course our roads are better lah.. We pay a huge amount of roadtax yearly.

In Malaysia, there's NO road tax for smaller engine car. [drivingcar]

In Thailand, for a 2.0L car, the road tax is only about SGD100 - 120 per year; no matter how old the car is.

In Singapore, for a 2.0L car, the road tax is $1,201 per year for the first 10 years. [knife][furious]

As you can see, we pay 10 times more than the Thais. That's why we expect our roads to be 10x better than roads in Thailand. Are our roads 10x better? definitely not!

We complain because we pay a lot more than our neighboring countries but the quality of the roads we have here doesn't justify what we pay yearly.

If not, of course our roads are better lah.. We pay a huge amount of roadtax yearly.

In Thailand, for a 2.0L car, the road tax is only about SGD100 - 120 per year; no matter how old the car is.

In Singapore, for a 2.0L car, the road tax is $1,201 per year for the first 10 years. [knife][furious]

As you can see, we pay 10 times more than the Thais. That's why we expect our roads to be 10x better than roads in Thailand. Are our roads 10x better? definitely not!

We complain because we pay a lot more than our neighboring countries but the quality of the roads we have here doesn't justify what we pay yearly.

faster is better. cheaper is faster. our govt motto.

all of our supporting sewage,gas,drainage,electrical,communication lines are under the roads. must tear open and patch back quickly in order to prevent jams.... if want to improve roads, everything has to be above ground. [cool]

not surprising..given that the rain is eroding the asphalt..the dug out roads with cables running below are not done with quality..the supervisors are not checking the work done by the foreign workers

Not surprising..... Try going along pasir panjang on right lane (near PSA).... Its so bumpy....

Tat is the most sickening part of the road! I HATE IT TO THE MAX.

Knn and we r paying so much to travel on tat bumpy road!

Hmmm. Yeah.. True dude.. You made my brains work for the first time.

But , yeah , the roadtax here is not really spent on the road I think. Hmmm.. Like not a big percentage is spent on building and mantaining roads...

The worst place I travel recently is Macpershon just outside Shell at lane 3 towards Mazda Showroom.

I did notice alot of other area after patching up those underground stuffs had not had repath nicely.

constructions every where, what to do?

the smaller roads still ok, travelling speed is slower thus better reaction time.

if kena on expressway, then good luck. especially since the view is always obscured by the vehicle in front.

By the way, have you notice that the roads are full of rubbish, rocks too?

Infamous Jalan Buroh towards Jurong - never fail to see all sorts of stuffs littled all over the roads everyday. [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

Malaysia roads are good at expressways and highways in the main city..... other small town roads are full of potholes and suddenly sunken manholes.

Singapore roads are far better in every corner of the city/neighborhood and clearly painted with markings.

Thai roads are even worse....

Thai roads are quite shiny...

Better don't complain. If not governmrnt raise the road tax again citing more roads work to be done....

i agree with that bro. bad enough our COE reaching more den $50000 mark. :wacko:

I went to India two months back, from Rourkela to Bhubaneswar 10 hours of rocky big potholes road. My ass almost rip into half. We are really very fortunate to have such nice buildings, clean city and flat shiny roads.

↡ Advertisement