Muser 4th Gear January 19, 2017 Share January 19, 2017 (edited) Hi, booked my outback on Sunday during Motor show and just been informed COE bid is successful and excited to join the Outback family soon. I am looking for wheel security lock and other accessories. Any recommendation where to get these. Congrats! Try Taobao, Rakuten, Japanparts.com and eBay. As for recommendations, join our Facebook group and ask, lol. What are you looking for? I'll try to help. SLE 7745 U anyone here? No, we're all chatting on WhatsApp and Facebook Edited January 19, 2017 by Muser ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BenTong Turbocharged January 20, 2017 Share January 20, 2017 before joining and thinking of all this stuff, get in principle approval from your CO first... you are duly forewarned.. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muser 4th Gear January 20, 2017 Share January 20, 2017 before joining and thinking of all this stuff, get in principle approval from your CO first... you are duly forewarned.. Yes, get full approval in advance before sliding down the slippery slope Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DarylGoh Clutched January 26, 2017 Share January 26, 2017 I learnt one way to improve FC is to turn off the button showing a "car and skid marks"... there's less engine utilization on the wheels so more free spin for the wheels. Also the acceleration is smoother and less jerky. It is automatically turned on when starting the OB. Maybe its placebo, try it and feedback. Caution: don't try this on wet days/ slippery surfaces. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MQX87511 5th Gear January 26, 2017 Share January 26, 2017 I learnt one way to improve FC is to turn off the button showing a "car and skid marks"... there's less engine utilization on the wheels so more free spin for the wheels. Also the acceleration is smoother and less jerky. It is automatically turned on when starting the OB. Maybe its placebo, try it and feedback. Caution: don't try this on wet days/ slippery surfaces. is it? it's traction control, normally racing and driving for fun should off it Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vratenza Supersonic January 26, 2017 Share January 26, 2017 99% of Singapore drivers need this.....including me. Please do not trade safety for a few dollars savings per month.... I learnt one way to improve FC is to turn off the button showing a "car and skid marks"... there's less engine utilization on the wheels so more free spin for the wheels. Also the acceleration is smoother and less jerky. It is automatically turned on when starting the OB. Maybe its placebo, try it and feedback.Caution: don't try this on wet days/ slippery surfaces. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
lbsdan Neutral Newbie February 25, 2017 Share February 25, 2017 Hi, booked my outback on Sunday during Motor show and just been informed COE bid is successful and excited to join the Outback family soon. I am looking for wheel security lock and other accessories. Any recommendation where to get these. Hi, Realized there is no auto-lock function of door when moving. Suggested by my China friend to get the auto-lock function which allow auto-folding of the side mirrors, closing of sunshade and auto close all windows. I understand this is just a plug in to the existing socket of the car and no modification is required. https://mall.jd.com/view_search-469255-5594404-99-0-24-1.html https://zhongchengweishi.tmall.com/search.htm?scene=taobao_shop Not sure if anyone know if this will void the warranty. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BenTong Turbocharged February 25, 2017 Share February 25, 2017 Hi, Realized there is no auto-lock function of door when moving. Suggested by my China friend to get the auto-lock function which allow auto-folding of the side mirrors, closing of sunshade and auto close all windows. I understand this is just a plug in to the existing socket of the car and no modification is required. https://mall.jd.com/view_search-469255-5594404-99-0-24-1.html https://zhongchengweishi.tmall.com/search.htm?scene=taobao_shop Not sure if anyone know if this will void the warranty. Double confirmed void Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DarylGoh Clutched February 25, 2017 Share February 25, 2017 Just got hit by a stone on the windscreen so just wondering if it's a chip and not a crack would a repair be necessary? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
teomingern Supercharged February 27, 2017 Share February 27, 2017 Just got hit by a stone on the windscreen so just wondering if it's a chip and not a crack would a repair be necessary?Can do some liquid glass repairs if I am not wrong so that the chip is not seen... but it doesn't change the strength or integrity of the wind screen. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DarylGoh Clutched March 3, 2017 Share March 3, 2017 Just to share this service ceramic coating. Just did the 9H coat with my 1yr old white outback (well almost 1 yr) and the finishing is perfect, the car is literally brand new again. With showroom glossy finished. I was actually considering to do the matt finishing coating but after seeing the 9H effect on the model in his workshop I was convinced to give it a try. Primary purpose was to protect paintwork from inconsiderate birds and inconsiderate trees. My car's finishing photos are posted in his Facebook page, search for "5D Solutions Pte Ltd". Cheers. Can do some liquid glass repairs if I am not wrong so that the chip is not seen... but it doesn't change the strength or integrity of the wind screen.Thanks buddy. I decided to leave it alone until the screen cracks .... eventually.... kekekekeAny Outbackers thinking of the Viviz? .... heard it's coming out in 2018 but I think it will be first launched in the states. So when it comes to SG it'll probably be 2020+. Hi, Realized there is no auto-lock function of door when moving. Suggested by my China friend to get the auto-lock function which allow auto-folding of the side mirrors, closing of sunshade and auto close all windows. I understand this is just a plug in to the existing socket of the car and no modification is required. https://mall.jd.com/view_search-469255-5594404-99-0-24-1.html https://zhongchengweishi.tmall.com/search.htm?scene=taobao_shop Not sure if anyone know if this will void the warranty. Actually I'm more keen if they have the feature to angle down the side mirrors when parking, I find it a challenge to park esp. at the corner lots where the curbs can't be seen while in the car. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Little_prince Supersonic June 26, 2017 Share June 26, 2017 Just to share this service ceramic coating. Just did the 9H coat with my 1yr old white outback (well almost 1 yr) and the finishing is perfect, the car is literally brand new again. With showroom glossy finished. I was actually considering to do the matt finishing coating but after seeing the 9H effect on the model in his workshop I was convinced to give it a try. Primary purpose was to protect paintwork from inconsiderate birds and inconsiderate trees. My car's finishing photos are posted in his Facebook page, search for "5D Solutions Pte Ltd". Cheers. Thanks buddy. I decided to leave it alone until the screen cracks .... eventually.... kekekeke Any Outbackers thinking of the Viviz? .... heard it's coming out in 2018 but I think it will be first launched in the states. So when it comes to SG it'll probably be 2020+. Actually I'm more keen if they have the feature to angle down the side mirrors when parking, I find it a challenge to park esp. at the corner lots where the curbs can't be seen while in the car. how much for the ceramic coating? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Glay99 Neutral Newbie August 19, 2017 Share August 19, 2017 Subaru not selling outback anymore??? Didn't see it in their pricelist... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vratenza Supersonic August 20, 2017 Share August 20, 2017 I might be wrong but the 2.5 NA's emission figures might make it even more unattractive as an option (on top of the already higher road tax) when the VES hits next year. 2.0T might not save it too.... 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
teomingern Supercharged August 21, 2017 Share August 21, 2017 I might be wrong but the 2.5 NA's emission figures might make it even more unattractive as an option (on top of the already higher road tax) when the VES hits next year. 2.0T might not save it too.... There might be a less polluting engines with lower power... sometimes a detuned engine will fix the emissions... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BenTong Turbocharged August 21, 2017 Share August 21, 2017 I might be wrong but the 2.5 NA's emission figures might make it even more unattractive as an option (on top of the already higher road tax) when the VES hits next year. 2.0T might not save it too.... Please la.. all cars manufacturer waiting for emission siam software update from somebody from Europe la.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
andrewyewkc 5th Gear August 21, 2017 Share August 21, 2017 Subaru not selling outback anymore??? Didn't see it in their pricelist... I have checked with the SE, they have stopped selling it. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Glay99 Neutral Newbie August 21, 2017 Share August 21, 2017 I have checked with the SE, they have stopped selling it.Thanks for the update... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
2022 5th Generation Subaru WRX
2022 5th Generation Subaru WRX
2015 Forester 2.0
2015 Forester 2.0
2022 Subaru Solterra BEV
2022 Subaru Solterra BEV
Sgcarmart Beyond Motion is happening this 21-22 March at Suntec Convention Centre! SAVE THE DATE!
Sgcarmart Beyond Motion is happening this 21-22 March at Suntec Convention Centre! SAVE THE DATE!
Advice on exhaust.
Advice on exhaust.
2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)
2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)
New Subaru XV
New Subaru XV
sgCarMart Reviews: Audi A6 Sedan Mild Hybrid 2.0 TFSI S tronic Design
sgCarMart Reviews: Audi A6 Sedan Mild Hybrid 2.0 TFSI S tronic Design