Gearbox issues; and problems at VW Service Centre

Presea

But still many people LOVES VW and buys VW. why?

p/s: i don't own one. I just own an ahpek altis.

Its german n pretty affordable.

Dsg is a good technology, just that for mainstream, its not such a good idea.

Alfa has always had a the single clutch version but not many dare to buy alfa so its ok. Its not a car tat appeals to mainstream anyway. But vw's marketing isn't like tat. It wants to sell in droves so ppl with that kind of budget also expect a certain maintenance budget. Therein lies the problem.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

But still many people LOVES VW and buys VW. why?

coz they say must try vw 1st b4 can buy other brands wor [:p]

Its german n pretty affordable.

Dsg is a good technology, just that for mainstream, its not such a good idea.

Alfa has always had a the single clutch version but not many dare to buy alfa so its ok. Its not a car tat appeals to mainstream anyway. But vw's marketing isn't like tat. It wants to sell in droves so ppl with that kind of budget also expect a certain maintenance budget. Therein lies the problem.

to put it simply, can i say because it's the most affordable GERMAN car?

After so many years, wonder if there will be ever a fix for this issue.. I believe even after changing GB, the problem still come back else sell for what.. Imagine ever 30k, standard servicing to change GB..

Supercharged

to put it simply, can i say because it's the most affordable GERMAN car?

Opel more expensive meh?

Opel more expensive meh?

haha, ya hor. forgot abt that anyway most people will forget opel if they see the VW logo

Opel more expensive meh?

Opel is more expensive.

Golf 1.4 vs Opel 1.4 -> $121K vs $139K

Somemore don't have 1.4 in sedan (Jetta) form which most people like here.

Twincharged

Sometime i find these German very stubborn,they knew what is the problem,why they can't "Do it for once",do a good job...& not just make the cars with a substandard clutch,then later customers make so much noise around the world.

(edited)

Just to share. Brought in my A1 for servicing today at Audi service center. They updated the software for the GB. Quite shiok! Very smooth.

I did ask my SE abt the gearbox thing. He say can help if s--t happens. At least VW offer 5 years warranty, Audi only offer 3yrs. So far, mileage abt 37k. So far so good.

Never had any problem with my wife's older scirocco (first batch) either but i only held that for less than year. mileage abt 18k when i sold.

Anyway after a quick google on sgcarmart, i realize it's irrelevant to bring the A1 into the picture now as the price is quite far apart now compared to a golf. Back then, it was just a bit more.

But well, at least Audi has very good service. Fast and efficient. But F pricey. My first servicing kenna 500. I think it was only 200 or less when i brought my roc for servicing as VSC.

Edited by Shemmy

Twincharged

Audi's parts are the most expensive despite of the same part number,Skoda is the cheapest.....sell expensive,because Audi is a premium brand/ product.!

Well, unfortunately my car couldn't start today. Called the audi centre up and they send their guys down. Basically the error code had to do with the gearbox. They arrange for it to be towed away. To my limited understanding of what i was told, the controller or something that controlled the gear shift died. They changed the thing and i got back the car within a day. No charges for anything even though i was initially told i had to pay for the tow. I did ask about the cost of the thing that they change. I remember hearing 5k without labour while my wife heard 3k but i'm pretty sure it's 5k. Anyway, was assured that if i did all my servicing there, they would 'help' if the gearbox screws up after the warranty period.

To be honest, i'm prepared for this but if it happens again, i'm selling it off for the 1 series or A class. (YES!, cheap petrol is a major factor for me) Might consider the A4 if i'm offered a gd deal.

And it happen 2 days after they updated the software on my GB. It's a pity cos i find that it's actually very good technology. fuel efficient yet fast.

And it happen 2 days after they updated the software on my GB. It's a pity cos i find that it's actually very good technology. fuel efficient yet fast.

These is called "Heart Attack"...driving VW/Audi,can break down 'suddenly'....no warning.