Is SingPost keeping its promise?

Latka

ST Forum

Jun 17, 2011

Is SingPost keeping its promise?

SINGPOST should clarify whether it is still adhering to its promise of delivering mail to recipients on the next working day if the mail is posted before 5pm on a weekday.

I posted a cheque on June 9 before 10am at the post office at Block 218, Bedok North Street 1 to an address in Jurong East Street 13. The cheque did not reach its destination until June 14.

At the same post office on two occasions, I had also encountered a situation where the post box was completely full such that the mail could be easily picked from the box opening.

Of these two occasions, one was during a long weekend where Friday happened to be a public holiday.

I suggest that SingPost put a telephone number on the post box for the public to call to alert the appropriate department should we come across such situations of mail overflow.

Yeap Kin Han (Madam)

↡ Advertisement

Delivery lead time is calculated on working days that means sat, sunday and public holidays should not be included.

Looks like Singpost not enuff staff or its staff getting lazier.

Weeks ago, was expecting a parcel fm M'sia. Didn't get it for 2 weeks. However, got a redelivery reminder card fm Singpost, which meant that they supposedly tried delivering it to me but I wasn't home. However, the postman shud have left a note to inform the person, which in my case wasn't done at all, which cud indicate the fella didn't even come up to my place to begin with.

Fine. Called up Singpost to check where I can collect the parcel on that very day itself. Pinoy CSO informed me if I wanted to collect on that day itself, have to go down to Paya Lebar office. Confirmed with her and she told me I can collect only after 6pm as they have to get the parcel ready. Reached there around 7pm, my parcel not ready, not even transferred fm their operations warehouse. Had to wait another hour for it. Really sux.

nobody wants to be postman partly not many still use snail mail.

Most of the postman i see in CBD area were out-source, they just put on a POST shirt and ride on their on transport.

SingPost outsource their delivery service.

I had the same experience as you and for 2 times!

Didn't even get a reminder or note that they tried to send.

But when I called them, they claimed that was done!

How is that possible when my children and maid were at home during the claimed date & time?

Anyway, I think they didn't even try to delivery.

Wrote in to complain and screw them up.

Have another parcel coming in and will monitor again.

Will surely blow the matter up if they screw up again. :angry:

Weeks ago, was expecting a parcel fm M'sia. Didn't get it for 2 weeks. However, got a redelivery reminder card fm Singpost, which meant that they supposedly tried delivering it to me but I wasn't home. However, the postman shud have left a note to inform the person, which in my case wasn't done at all, which cud indicate the fella didn't even come up to my place to begin with.

Fine. Called up Singpost to check where I can collect the parcel on that very day itself. Pinoy CSO informed me if I wanted to collect on that day itself, have to go down to Paya Lebar office. Confirmed with her and she told me I can collect only after 6pm as they have to get the parcel ready. Reached there around 7pm, my parcel not ready, not even transferred fm their operations warehouse. Had to wait another hour for it. Really sux.

High time the Govt should try again to get another private company to come in and compete with SingPost in all mode of postal deliveries.

Mine even worse..on the 10th June,L+A called me to scold me why I nvr provide driver details with the letter they send.*speeding offence*

I was like "huh?you got send meh?all I know that i have to wait for the letter to come?"

They said that "we've send the mail on the 7th.do u want to go to court for not providing your details?"

basket,for nothing kena scolding.in the end i have to rebut by saying that there's no mail received and they agree to send another.what happened to singpost?are the part-time 'aunties' who collects the delivered mail in bulk under the block not doing their work? :wacko:

(edited)

they are more interested in delivering junk mails and promotional fliers.

Saturday cannot deliver proper mails, but the same outsourced aunties can still deliver fliers for new property launch, fast food/slow food fliers...... :D

Edited by Kangadrool

If I am the outsourced postman....I will do three days delivery work per week. Monday Wednesday friday.

Tuesday and Thursday, I can go shopping and relax at home.

Come on who would miss letters one day late?

After all, it's going to the same letter boxes.......skip one day and then deliver the accumulated letters is what I call smart use of personal time.

Turbocharged
(edited)

i believe they don't work on weekends... and many occasions they deliver the mails wrongly. how i know? i have been receiving my neighbour's mail in my box at least once a month.

it is not just the next door one, those surrounding my unit also somehow find their way into mine.

i lan lan have to be their mailman if my neighbour's box is spam-sealed :angry:

some of these mails are like bank statements. once i even received a credit card, from the feel outside the envelope. <_<

Edited by Solar

That's true, private enterprise can do a much better and cheaper work than most govt agencies, statutory boards and GLCs

Most of the postman are outsourced if you don't know.

The people doing it are mainly housewives on contract basis and no benefits.

From someone I knew doing it, they are trying to move towards these type of postman to cut costs.

They'll be paid more for delivering registered posts. If no one is around to acknowledge the parcel, then they'll only get a few cents for knocking on your door.

They'll get more if the parcel is delivered.

So far singpost ok lah, but for verseas delivery....NEVER NEVER!!!!1 totally unreliable!!

SingPost outsource their delivery service.

I had the same experience as you and for 2 times!

Didn't even get a reminder or note that they tried to send.

But when I called them, they claimed that was done!

How is that possible when my children and maid were at home during the claimed date & time?

Anyway, I think they didn't even try to delivery.

Wrote in to complain and screw them up.

Have another parcel coming in and will monitor again.

Will surely blow the matter up if they screw up again. :angry:

From what I heard, they dislike knocking on non-chinese doors as most of them can't pronounce the receiptant's names or communicate in their language.

And some of the residents have some other things in their mind ...

Supersonic

Local post doesn't make money for SingPost.

They are more interested in making money by delivery junk mails to you.

When you walk into Yishun Post Office, they have plenty of staff walking around to spam you with Medisave.

When you finished your business at the counter, the staff will also try to sell you some thing.

SingPost is not the same anymore. They are a money-making business.

They are also setting up small kanchang putih "cart" within their post office to compete with neighbourhood shops selling can food, bird nest etc etc

Why use cow knife to kill a small chicken ??? Where is the logic and business sense??

Old post. I dont think I should make new thread since complaint is the same.

Getting more lost mails or mails can even take a month to get delivered sometimes.

I keep getting other address mails misdelivered in my mail box.

Happening more often since pandemic started. there seems to be no improvement. might be getting worse since the number of misdelivered mails trending up.

Anybody experiencing this? 

6 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

Old post. I dont think I should make new thread since complaint is the same.

Getting more lost mails or mails can even take a month to get delivered sometimes.

I keep getting other address mails misdelivered in my mail box.

Happening more often since pandemic started. there seems to be no improvement. might be getting worse since the number of misdelivered mails trending up.

Anybody experiencing this? 

not my area, i still get my monthly bills on time lor  <_<

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4