Jump to content

Ranger course


Vega
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes he BG now comd 2PDF

 

Ok, now I know who was the background of the Comd 2PDF who did a 1/2 hour workout with us during reservice in October.

I can see he is still very fit. [sweatdrop]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what is the local course content, but it seems that the ang mohs always have "scaled up" things... maybe because of bigger physical build?? I don't think I can manage the kind of loads that they carry... then again, ang mohs always like to lug a lot of gear for battle, which is a weakness actually when it comes to jungle or insurgency type warfare.

 

Not just their load is extra heavy, but the distances they cover also [sweatdrop] We go for 10 km run... they go for 10 mile run... big difference! [laugh]

 

Anyway when it comes to these kinds of courses, mental preparation is necessary but is overhyped. No matter how strong a person is, mentally, if he gets injured, there is no way can complete the course no matter if his mind still says okay!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thou i have never being involved in this type of training before (dont think i am physically qualified even for the selection phase), i must stress that what you saw on these type of TV program is not the true reflection of how the instructors takan the trainees as there is a camera following them.

if the cameras are not there, i am very sure the treatment will be very different. [:)]

Could be much worse than our local ranger instructors.

 

Nevertheless, all over the world, I don't think there are things like physical abuse nowadays... too much scrutiny, and if something bad happens...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Nevertheless, all over the world, I don't think there are things like physical abuse nowadays... too much scrutiny, and if something bad happens...

 

I beg to differ. to be selected and trained to be super soldiers, its not going to be run of the mill type of training. i am sure there are stuffs can't be shown on TV.

These selected group of soldiers won't want their selection and training to be too "easy" too. Else, it will not be "elite" anymore.

 

I am sure some have died during the selection and training phase.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i believe this is only a discussion not a judgement. UNLESS you are better than them or at least near them.

 

How to tell if they are local or US Ranger tab??

 

I am a army clerk, I respect the RP/Storeman/Cook bcos i am just a clerk!

 

You have earned my respect for the above statement. I am going to print this, put it infront of me and remind myself.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I seen some of the USMC training videos. I believe it is as real as what they show, perhaps a bit more dramatised and "souped up" for TV.

 

But I do wish that SAF incorporate some of the training into ours. Like jousting, hand combat... more gritty stuff like these. Soldiers now are much too soft. SAF should also change the food to include more meat. And give gym workout a bigger role in the training.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, now I know who was the background of the Comd 2PDF who did a 1/2 hour workout with us during reservice in October.

I can see he is still very fit. [sweatdrop]

 

told u his PT is sibei hardcore [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

US Rangers operate as a unit and normally deployed as shock troops machiam our Guards.

 

They are lightly-armed and supposed to be air-dropped onto or amphi-assault a strategic location until the regular heavy forces arrive.

 

Until then they often have to fight bitterly and resist the opposing forces with anything on their backs.

Edited by Vulcann
Link to post
Share on other sites

US Rangers operate as a unit and normally deployed as shock troops machiam our Guards.

 

They are lightly-armed and supposed to be air-dropped onto or amphi-assault a strategic location until the regular heavy forces arrive.

 

Until then they often have to fight bitterly and resist the opposing forces with anything on their backs.

 

they are not dropped alone la. nowadays so many things are air portable. have u seen the might of the USSTRATCOM [laugh] the amount of stuff they can airlift is crazy u know. Their C17s ah [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've worked with a USMC veteran for several years. He doesn't eat a lot of meat or go to the gym. They are just genetically big, and Asians are and will always be smaller in build in comparison. It may take a few more generations to change that, and the climate may also have played a part.

 

I seen some of the USMC training videos. I believe it is as real as what they show, perhaps a bit more dramatised and "souped up" for TV.

 

But I do wish that SAF incorporate some of the training into ours. Like jousting, hand combat... more gritty stuff like these. Soldiers now are much too soft. SAF should also change the food to include more meat. And give gym workout a bigger role in the training.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a local ranger tab ? Always easily said then done.

 

You would be surprised the US ranger course is not the toughest around.

 

Every ranger wearing the tab earns my respect.

 

Including NPark's Park "RANGER" ?? [:p]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've worked with a USMC veteran for several years. He doesn't eat a lot of meat or go to the gym. They are just genetically big, and Asians are and will always be smaller in build in comparison. It may take a few more generations to change that, and the climate may also have played a part.

 

Gym is a culture in the US army, a lot of their special forces guys workout regularly. Obviously, there are those who do not, and I guess your friend is one of those. As for meat eating, it's also an american thing i guess, and importantly, something that I think is very lacking in our SFI food. Meat should form a large part of our diet, asians or americans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

I don't know what is the local course content, but it seems that the ang mohs always have "scaled up" things... maybe because of bigger physical build?? I don't think I can manage the kind of loads that they carry... then again, ang mohs always like to lug a lot of gear for battle, which is a weakness actually when it comes to jungle or insurgency type warfare.

 

Not just their load is extra heavy, but the distances they cover also [sweatdrop] We go for 10 km run... they go for 10 mile run... big difference! [laugh]

 

Anyway when it comes to these kinds of courses, mental preparation is necessary but is overhyped. No matter how strong a person is, mentally, if he gets injured, there is no way can complete the course no matter if his mind still says okay!

 

their fullpack is taller than the guy carrying it. from the back, u cant even his head......

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

they are not dropped alone la. nowadays so many things are air portable. have u seen the might of the USSTRATCOM [laugh] the amount of stuff they can airlift is crazy u know. Their C17s ah [laugh]

 

Nowadays I think boots on the ground will be the last thing the US military deploy maybe to just roughen and round up shell-shocked locals after the air package does their damage.

 

Even scenes of almighty 82nd paratroopers all over the sky jumping into battlefield or gungho MEF marines doing a amphibious assault up a hostile beach will be a thing of the past...

 

Eventually it will just AI vs AI scenarios and this will not even need human intervention.

 

We may all end up like fat blobs on wheelchairs with under-developed limbs machiam those depicted in the movie Wall-E.

 

That will be the day.... [nod]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what is the local course content, but it seems that the ang mohs always have "scaled up" things... maybe because of bigger physical build?? I don't think I can manage the kind of loads that they carry... then again, ang mohs always like to lug a lot of gear for battle, which is a weakness actually when it comes to jungle or insurgency type warfare.

 

Not just their load is extra heavy, but the distances they cover also [sweatdrop] We go for 10 km run... they go for 10 mile run... big difference! [laugh]

 

Anyway when it comes to these kinds of courses, mental preparation is necessary but is overhyped. No matter how strong a person is, mentally, if he gets injured, there is no way can complete the course no matter if his mind still says okay!

 

actually not true... dunno if you heard of MAJ Wong Foo Chan's story... he first went for BUD/S to become a SEAL in late 90s then he later on went for SFQC and Ranger course, halfway through i think airborne training shattered his ribs but still push on even though doctors tell him cannot make it.

 

He push on and become the first foreigner to top the class [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowadays I think boots on the ground will be the last thing the US military deploy maybe to just roughen and round up shell-shocked locals after the air package does their damage.

 

Even scenes of almighty 82nd paratroopers all over the sky jumping into battlefield or gungho MEF marines doing a amphibious assault up a hostile beach will be a thing of the past...

 

Eventually it will just AI vs AI scenarios and this will not even need human intervention.

 

We may all end up like fat blobs on wheelchairs with under-developed limbs machiam those depicted in the movie Wall-E.

 

That will be the day.... [nod]

 

Amphibious beachheads are still a thing of the present. OTH assaults are still very much on the cards.

 

However large scale static line jumps are probably out.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...