Jump to content

Is this proper alignment done?


Gohsj89
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is a very technical question.

EXPERTS, I would love to see your comments :)

 

I went to do wheel alignment for my Vios at Stamford Tyre at Bukit Batok.

After adjusting with all the laser machine fitted on, I test drive, realize my steering wheel is tilted to one side,

I went back, the mechanic use a spanner to adjust both side of wheels with both side full lock respectively, to make the steering wheel straight.

 

This, may I ask, renders a proper alignment job?

It seems to be done wherever I go. Hankook tyre, Riverview Auto, all do the same this.

 

I ask them, won't the alignment by laser be off once you adjust this?

All say no, but I doubt.

 

my car also got alignment problem ... if driving holding the steering straight then the car will go straight, but if let go of the steering, the car will go straight for 2 to 3 seconds, then slowly tilted to the left. Went to 3 different workshop for adjustment but still the problem is there. Not sure your guys having the same issues or is it a normal road tilting condition ... my previous car doesnt seem to have this problem

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

my car also got alignment problem ... if driving holding the steering straight then the car will go straight, but if let go of the steering, the car will go straight for 2 to 3 seconds, then slowly tilted to the left. Went to 3 different workshop for adjustment but still the problem is there. Not sure your guys having the same issues or is it a normal road tilting condition ... my previous car doesnt seem to have this problem

Normal tilt lah. Got problem if over time, u need to tilt steering more to the left/right for the car to go straight.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

my car also got alignment problem ... if driving holding the steering straight then the car will go straight, but if let go of the steering, the car will go straight for 2 to 3 seconds, then slowly tilted to the left. Went to 3 different workshop for adjustment but still the problem is there. Not sure your guys having the same issues or is it a normal road tilting condition ... my previous car doesnt seem to have this problem

i think it normal..our roads are built with gradient for water to fliw into the drainsss..

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...