Dual SIM smartphone users come in!

Kelpie

Turbocharged

It is not possible bec you are required to nominate 1 SIM as your data SIM.

Best to have 2 SIM slots that are 4G capable if you travel a lot and use a non-SG SIM card in one of the slots bec my experience with with 1 3G and 1 2G slot is troublesome.

I need to physically switch the SIMs whenever I leave SG and return to SG in order to use data at 3G speeds.

↡ Advertisement

It should be a technical constraint because when you surf on either sim you would be assigned an IP address for tracking, this cannot be assigned when it is 2 sim (2 networks). How would you be traced back to which data you using and how would pages recognize which IP address you are on if it allows both to be used at the same time.

Technically not possible at least at the moment, what can happen is if 1 sim fails it would load the other for data, but definitely can't use both at the same time.

Your point on IP address is valid.  

But the fact is that one is not looking to have both slots connected to data at the same time.  It is fine that the 2nd slot can only be used for voice when 1st slot is assigned as the main data usage.    But the 2nd slot need to be able to use 3G network, at least for the voice capability to function.  If 2G network is gone (voice, messaging and data), the 2nd slot will never get a signal at all.  This is the limitation of existing dual sim phone as one slot can connect to LTE/3G and the other slot can only go to 2G network. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Revive this thread. Since 2G was suppose to be discontinue last April. But I just saw a post in the Heng Swee keat thread, there a screen shot of a dual sim phone with full bar on both channel. So I got curious and put  my wife's and my SIM into my Lenovo K3 Note, and both sim are active with the non-data using 2G only. Both SIM can make and receive call. Apparently 2G is still alive. 

post-27068-0-19228600-1463392650.jpg

Edited by Ender

Supersonic

Revive this thread. Since 2G was suppose to be discontinue last April. But I just saw a post in the Heng Swee keat thread, there a screen shot of a dual sim phone with full bar on both channel. So I got curious and put  my wife's and my SIM into my Lenovo K3 Note, and both sim are active with the non-data using 2G only. Both SIM can make and receive call. Apparently 2G is still alive. 

Hehe. That is my phone la.

And you are mistaken - 2G will be killed on 1 Apr 2017. That's next year.

Hypersonic

Hehe. That is my phone la.

And you are mistaken - 2G will be killed on 1 Apr 2017. That's next year.

arrr...I thought I discover some thing.. So the search is still on for the elusive dual sim phone that cvan at least do 3G on the secondary channel,.  [bigcry]

GPGT.   

So the search had been on going for sometime and look what I found.  This XiaoMi Mi5 pro.  With 128GB and 4GB Ram.  Imported version.  When Sim 1 is in LTE/4G.  Sim 2 IS connected to 3G.  This will solve the 2G network shut down issue. I will try it out at Seletar mall where the 2G network is already shut off.  At Seletar mall.  My old dual sim phone Sim 2 card slot will not be working as it can only connect to 2G network.   Will keep you guys posted whether it work well or not.

Screenshot_2016-11-22-12-36-46-888_com.m

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 3

GPGT.   

So the search had been on going for sometime and look what I found.  This XiaoMi Mi5 pro.  With 128GB and 4GB Ram.  Imported version.  When Sim 1 is in LTE/4G.  Sim 2 IS connected to 3G.  This will solve the 2G network shut down issue. I will try it out at Seletar mall where the 2G network is already shut off.  At Seletar mall.  My old dual sim phone Sim 2 card slot will not be working as it can only connect to 2G network.   Will keep you guys posted whether it work well or not.

Lots of phone have this function now actually.

The LG V20 i'm using is one more.

• Praise 2

GPGT.

So the search had been on going for sometime and look what I found. This XiaoMi Mi5 pro. With 128GB and 4GB Ram. Imported version. When Sim 1 is in LTE/4G. Sim 2 IS connected to 3G. This will solve the 2G network shut down issue. I will try it out at Seletar mall where the 2G network is already shut off. At Seletar mall. My old dual sim phone Sim 2 card slot will not be working as it can only connect to 2G network. Will keep you guys posted whether it work well or not.

Screenshot_2016-11-22-12-36-46-888_com.m

How come this mi pro has play store ? I thought China phones don't come with it.

How come this mi pro has play store ? I thought China phones don't come with it.

I am using Samsung J7 Prime currently.

It do serve me pretty well.

Same here. got the 128GB and 4GB RAM, 

How it the phone performance so far?

thinking of getting one but currently having note 4 n LG G4 (dual Sim) 

How it the phone performance so far?

thinking of getting one but currently having note 4 n LG G4 (dual Sim) 

Into my 1st week of usage.  So far so good.  Except the notification of whataspp, email and etc need to do some manual setting to ensure the background data is always on to send out notification as they are not MIUI system app so by default, the apps will be killed off once screen is off.  No big deal and it work fine for me after setting and I use it as a business phone.  

Edited by LoverofCar