City Harvest church founder Kong Hee and 4 others arrested

Mockngbrd

I totally agree with you here. Imagine if that 50 mil was utilised to build elder home, school, health care centre etc it won't evolve into such a big saga at all.

What is making this a mess is that they have grayed that area. The MTVs and singing career of Sun is touted to be part of God's mission.

That is why it is so dividing.

Ultimately, damage is done. Not to CHC but Christianity as a whole.

You don't reach out to others by being them it's too naive to think that.

i want to help those freelancers lead a dignified life away from evils and immoral living...teach me what I should do...

-_-

the favorite statements from chc churchgoers are - "who are we to judge" and "let those who have not sinned cast the first stone"....

by such reasonings, we can shut down our judicial system since no one is allowed to judge except god...

Jesus has said something else as well. That we render to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar and render to God what belongs to God.

Guess what? The money had the head of our first president and that is collected for God's work. Furthermore, it is collected tax-free since they are a charity. "Ceasar" was denied his cut.

All I can see is muddied values when they say COC had no right to interfere.

Ex-CHC member: I donated more than $10,000 to the church in last five years

28 June 2012

Ex-CHC member: I donated more than $10,000 to the church in last five years

Singapore

Solid. Right? [cool]

that is called urinating lah, anyway your muscle down there very strong urine can shoot 2m.

limbeh furthers can shoot 1.99m niah.

eh some how it is starting to feel and sound like the 60.14% thingy leh...kanna screwed backside but still support.

What is making this a mess is that they have grayed that area. The MTVs and singing career of Sun is touted to be part of God's mission.

That is why it is so dividing.

Ultimately, damage is done. Not to CHC but Christianity as a whole.

There is always rotten apple in any aspect of life. -_-

I am a member of Buddhist Youth. Maybe you are not so in-depth into the study. [laugh] You haven't heard of science with mathematics fact.? You may need to go the Buddhist library to find why there is a link. This is what the Indian Prince(The Buddha) realized, after he had enlightened. Whether he floated up from ground after enlightenment, was yet to be confirm. The teachings were written by humans. Along the way for almost 3600+years, No one knows what thave been changed in the scripts. I have been in the study group without paying any membership fees. [rolleyes] I do charities by visiting the poor and disable provide them basic necessaries, and not cash. I am trying a little fraction of Mother Theresa and encouraging others too. Not singing songs of wealth every weekends. There maybe god everywhere, who knows. But the action of the person that counts. So there is no reason to be popular. Buddha was no popular, but along the way he gain people respect, because things that he did quietly had noticed by some. And the some spread the words. He spread the teachings while he action. So it tally up. But today buddhist mainly are not. Sad to say. In temple pray. Out of temple, back to self. Tell me how many is in the Buddhist study group this days? [shakehead]

Well, I am into Buddhist group for about 20 yrs, which belongs to the 小乘佛敎 which is a minority

in Singapore. We focus quite a lot in meditation.

Don't worry, its not those Tian Dao kind of group

I believe you are more into the 大乘佛敎. I only know Tibetan Buddhism teach a lot in Science and Maths

that is called urinating lah, anyway your muscle down there very strong urine can shoot 2m.

limbeh furthers can shoot 1.99m niah.

eh some how it is starting to feel and sound like the 60.14% thingy leh...kanna screwed backside but still support.

Wah! Bro,now urine also appear in this thread. [laugh]

I do not look at this matter from a christian's pov and I don't know condemn the church either do I laugh at any of the followers and people that supported and still supporting KH. My point is simple: did you inform the church how the money is going to be spend? Did the followers who some part with money could have put food on the table knew abt funding of Sun Ho? Was it against the law? If they can answer Yes Yes and no... You can walk free without guilt.

You don't reach out to others by being them it's too naive to think that.

Jesus sent his disciples out into the world and told them to be innocent as doves but shrewd as viper. Being shrewd is the opposite of being naive.

I remember Jackie Pullinger who worked in HK's Walled City lived there, dealt with the criminals, addicts and untouchables there but she was not one of them. So much so she won much respect even from the triads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Pullinger

Well, I am into Buddhist group for about 20 yrs, which belongs to the 小乘佛敎 which is a minority

in Singapore. We focus quite a lot in meditation.

Don't worry, its not those Tian Dao kind of group

I believe you are more into the 大乘佛敎. I only know Tibetan Buddhism teach a lot in Science and Maths

Anyway, all faiths are meant good. I can be making a fool of myself sometime and joke alot, but I have a soft and good hearted when I',m back to real self. Good deed I did along the way, up there will see. I don't other humans to see it to be popular. -_-

Anyway, all faiths are meant good. I can be making a fool of myself sometime and joke alot, but I have a soft and good hearted when I',m back to real self. Good deed I did along the way, up there will see. I don't other humans to see it to be popular. -_-

Agree and I believe your good deeds will help to remove your yellow card in no time :D

I do not look at this matter from a christian's pov and I don't know condemn the church either do I laugh at any of the followers and people that supported and still supporting KH. My point is simple: did you inform the church how the money is going to be spend? Did the followers who some part with money could have put food on the table knew abt funding of Sun Ho? Was it against the law? If they can answer Yes Yes and no... You can walk free without guilt.

my guess is the reaction of CHC members were mixed, so KH and gang didn't tell the church how they used the money. They probably were aware of their earlier stand against Roland- that no funds were used for Sun's venture. To say otherwise, it may cost them some membership. Of course, it's a huge gamble they took and lost.

wow... this news is damn China Wine...

so many posts in mcf about this issue... damn China Wine...

it is nothing new about this CHC issue, it is a known case.

i just don't understand why there are followers?

anyway, which next BIG church organisation being hit soon? [:p]

Jesus sent his disciples out into the world and told them to be innocent as doves but shrewd as viper. Being shrewd is the opposite of being naive.

I remember Jackie Pullinger who worked in HK's Walled City lived there, dealt with the criminals, addicts and untouchables there but she was not one of them. So much so she won much respect even from the triads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Pullinger

I like the original scripts of Jesus teachings. If you study it in details, they are quite similar to that for Buddhist from the basic. Similar to that of Islam and Hindi. They all meant good. But human changes and twisted it around. The pastor and Osama have change it and the weak minded follows.

(edited)

wow... this news is damn China Wine...

so many posts in mcf about this issue... damn China Wine...

it is nothing new about this CHC issue, it is a known case.

i just don't understand why there are followers?

anyway, which next BIG church organisation being hit soon? [:p]

Moonlight Harvest. [laugh] This will be breaking the $50M mark! And will be really Singapore Wine [:p]

Edited by HP_Lee

I like the original scripts of Jesus teachings. If you study it in details, they are quite similar to that for Buddhist from the basic. Similar to that of Islam and Hindi. They all meant good. But human changes and twisted it around. The pastor and Osama have change it and the weak minded follows.

Matthew 10:9 also said you go out without gold, silver or anything. Jackie went to HK w/o any money. Jesus was pretty smart :D

Going w/o money means you are on a one-way ticket. You can't go back and you cannot abandon people.

↡ Advertisement