Skoda blackout sale is back

Sdf4786k

test drove the superb the other day..................was told those cars with 250NM and above use 6 DSG..........lower than 250NM uses 7 DSG...........also the engine is basically the same as a golf GTI...........can see VW and audi parts in the engine bay..........so I suppose any spares in the engine bay sld be easy to get...........not so sure about the body tho...........I don't think the body share any parts with VW or Audi........

↡ Advertisement

test drove the superb the other day..................was told those cars with 250NM and above use 6 DSG..........lower than 250NM uses 7 DSG...........also the engine is basically the same as a golf GTI...........can see VW and audi parts in the engine bay..........so I suppose any spares in the engine bay sld be easy to get...........not so sure about the body tho...........I don't think the body share any parts with VW or Audi........

Thanks for sharing bro.

Come to think of it, some of the 7spd DSG issues could be due to owners mod and tune their rides beyond 250Nm torque? Hmmm.

Neutral Newbie

Howis your feeling for the test drive?

the Superb boss?

Thanks for sharing bro.

Come to think of it, some of the 7spd DSG issues could be due to owners mod and tune their rides beyond 250Nm torque? Hmmm.

no problem man...............what we know we share lah....... [laugh] [laugh]

this part i don't think so leh..........heard is more of the dry clutch issue........but there must be a reason why is 250NM.............but I did not ask tho........

Howis your feeling for the test drive?

GOOD!!!!

The car picks up well.........overtaking was easy........smooth ( did not feel any lag when step down, I did feel the lag when i test drove the 1.8 3 years ago).........manage to do 120km/h for a few seconds along commonwealth and braking was superb also...........under 100km/h car is quiet...........at 120km/h can start to hear noise liao but not very loud...........car is big but does not drive that big, easy to drive..............car is very stable even at 120km/h on normal road so i think sld be a good drive on NSHW even at above 180km/h...........back row leg room is very very good........boot is big.......

nothing much to hiam really...........but these are my personal take after the drive........different ppl have different expectation lah...

the Superb boss?

I am seriously thinking of changing to the superb combi............and the combi actually share the same idea in the boot as the A6 avant.......... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I am seriously thinking of changing to the superb combi............and the combi actually share the same idea in the boot as the A6 avant.......... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Good idea. [thumbsup] i am also toying with the idea to change to a Superb.

Edited by Bavarian

i bought mine not long back. no worries about parts. confirmed all shared parts all the way down to the filter and suspension. Even shaft cover used by volks and audi. Can ask them lift up and show you. so far as my second car no issues and surpisingly comfortable

Good idea. [thumbsup] i am also toying with the idea to change to a Superb.

wah............so fast???............your VRS combi less than a year hor............but unless is space you are going after......your VRS sld be faster than the superb leh..........anyway I really seriously considering the superb combi.........nothing to hiam really......and 6 spd DSG no worries at all........... [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Edited by Tianmo

i bought mine not long back. no worries about parts. confirmed all shared parts all the way down to the filter and suspension. Even shaft cover used by volks and audi. Can ask them lift up and show you. so far as my second car no issues and surpisingly comfortable

yah comfort wise no complaint..........i am sure this can be a very good car to take for a long road trip in Malaysia............ [thumbsup][laugh]

Do you face any issue on the gear transmission. Is yours 6 or 7 speeds ?

I am considering too but just heard too many complain on the after sales service and the 7 speeds issue.

My mileage is 21k now, travelled a lot by me n wifely for house call. So far no issue. Mine is 7 speed. Service appointment is 1 week. Good service n prompt

Do you face any issue on the gear transmission. Is yours 6 or 7 speeds ?

I am considering too but just heard too many complain on the after sales service and the 7 speeds issue.

Edited by Krieger

wah............so fast???............your VRS combi less than a year hor............but unless is space you are going after......your VRS sld be faster than the superb leh..........anyway I really seriously considering the superb combi.........nothing to hiam really......and 6 spd DSG no worries at all........... [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Need more backroom space [:(]

Need more backroom space [:(]

than superb would be.........not the longest wheelbase but surprisingly very good space at the back......even more roomy than the mondeo........ [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Thanks for sharing bro.

genuine stock units also had MU failure.

Esp after the issue with the 7spd DSG was reported in both overseas forums and local forum, many owners were wary of modding (also partly to preserve warranty), and if mod, mostly stage 1 only. But when non-tuned cars were also facing the same issue..... :blink:

WOW.. Like a shiok only.. haha.. all same master company what... So.. When's the occasion boss? [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement