Cyclist = King of road now?

Yeshe

No video, no complaint. In car camera is cheaper than my GoPro hor.

Aiming for the ITB100HD...

No video no complain to come to MCF complaint folder to complain...

↡ Advertisement

Unfortunately this guy is a rare species... Kudos to him though. Now if more are like him there will more drivers who are willing to share the roads with them.

no le. that day was driving past MBS, one cyclist waiting at red light next to me also ... quite a nice fella also, waited for most of the cars to move off, make their turns etc, then he set off.

and yes, he was one of those chiong type with the spandex, racing bike etc. very nice of him imho.

I'm clearing based on what others are saying. Technically you're trolling [:p]

Wrong.

I'm providing example of the other end of the spectrum to keep the airy headed grounded. Technically, it is you whom, by bringing up such a picture with such a comment, would be considered trolling.

Wonder these are new breed of vehicle...Bicycar?

This one going into the Braddell road tunnel towards Toa Payoh/Bishan

sooner or later they will want to go on expressways [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

it is really frustrating when facing such errant cyclists... but sometimes we drivers have to take a step back and treat them like a toddler.

a toddler can be irritating at times but we somehow lan lan still can't do much right? same for cyclists, usually when an accident involves cyclists, chances of them up lorry is so much higher than driver.

Twincharged

Nowadays not only see more and more drivers running red lights. Even cyclists learning from them now. Saw one female cyclist yesterday never stop at all the red light at all. No cars she just go through.

Wrong.

I'm providing example of the other end of the spectrum to keep the airy headed grounded. Technically, it is you whom, by bringing up such a picture with such a comment, would be considered trolling.

Errm we've already said that not all cyclists are angels. Its you and a few others that can't seem to admit that and imply that all cyclists are errant. Just throwing another side to the pics esp after the number of people who've said they've never seen a cyclist stop at the lights.

What's wrong? The cyclists did everything by the book in the first video. If you bothered to continue, I bet you in the 2nd that the cyclist turned right which would mean everything was done by the book again and nothing wrong was done.

Wonder these are new breed of vehicle...Bicycar?

This one going into the Braddell road tunnel towards Toa Payoh/Bishan

Perfectly legal in both your pics. I think you need to brush up on your road rules instead of making yourself look stupid [rolleyes]

You (as a private citizen) can assert whatever you like, but unfortunately, the ins. coy is the big fish here. Although there should theoretically no difference between claiming against your own policy, then getting them to fight it out with the other insurer vs. making a straightforward third party claim against the other insurer, people will tell you the former is a bad idea, since you're immediately put at a disadvantage. If the claim against the other insurer doesn't succeed, you're SOL. Even if the claim succeeds, there's still a legal record of you having claimed against your own insurance, and that matters.

In the case of the cyclist, it's even worse, because cyclists don't need motor insurance. Insurance companies, which are already lazy enough about fighting other insurers, are even more leery about directly serving civil suit against private citizens - when the amounts are small and they can't be certain about recouping legal costs (the Ferrari Ma Chi case is an important exception, because in that case, AXA is going up against the deep pockets of the estate, with lots of moolah at stake). It's just simpler for the insurer to take away your NCD, load you and keep mum. Bottom line: don't bother to claim for small things.

The problem is people want the easy way out so they don't bother to push their insurance companies not realising the implications, or knowing the implications try and find another way out which is easier for them. I've pushed them till they've relented with no adverse effects on my record, but unless people do as I have and as long as people keep letting them get away, they'll keep doing things this way instead of the right way. When it comes down to it, the issue is not the cyclists lack of insurance, but its our and the insurance company's lazy ways.

Bicycar 2.

This one following all cars to turn right at Kranji.

Oh look another pic of cyclists who are stopped at the lights! [laugh] Looks like not all are red light beaters eh [:p] (@Sga54g Now this like yours is trolling)

What's wrong? The cyclists did everything by the book in the first video. If you bothered to continue, I bet you in the 2nd that the cyclist turned right which would mean everything was done by the book again and nothing wrong was done.

which book?..please show me the link of the book...

if not..read here...

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ohs/safetyforeveryon...n%20Cycling.pdf

http://www.srsc.org.sg/advisories/cyclists...fety-accidents/

http://www.ehow.com/list_6652457_bike-safe...-singapore.html

OAD TRAFFIC ACT

(CHAPTER 276, SECTION 140)

ROAD TRAFFIC (BICYCLES) RULES

1. These Rules may be cited as the Road Traffic (Bicycles) Rules. Definitions.

2. In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires

Edited by Gaolow
↡ Advertisement